• Depends

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • Other comment here

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Generic baby brand

Votes: 12 3.3%

• Total voters
BabyTweetyBird said:
The protective leg gathers were implemented to prevent nasty leaks and ensure a snug fit.
True, but when I made a me-sized diaper from them, I'd get four diapers out, cut off the elastics (they'd end up running sideways), undo the pleat glue-blobs and tape the now-flat diapers together in pairs, side-by-side; then, I'd slit the plastic on one pair, stack it atop the other pair, refold...and have a giant, me-sized Pampers diaper I could wear...and piddle in.

Then: stripey t-shirt on, pants & undies off past my shoes, down on my bed & lay still, fan back of diaper out, diaper under my bottom, up between my legs, fan front out, down on my tummy, roll excess diaper in & down to my belly-button, tape up snugly. Then, up on my feet, legs forced apart by my diaper, and admire my work...and enjoy the super-cuddly-soft, snug, bulky feel, toddle-waddle a bit...and get utterly lost in the babyish scent. 🥴

What made it especially fun was keeping my shoes & t-shirt on. I felt so totally toddler! 🧸🍼🥰

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, WillFord384 and Deleted member 56273
BobbiSueEllen said:
True, but when I made a me-sized diaper from them, I'd get four diapers out, cut off the elastics (they'd end up running sideways), undo the pleat glue-blobs and tape the now-flat diapers together in pairs, side-by-side; then, I'd slit the plastic on one pair, stack it atop the other pair, refold...and have a giant, me-sized Pampers diaper I could wear...and piddle in.

Then: stripey t-shirt on, pants & undies off past my shoes, down on my bed & lay still, fan back of diaper out, diaper under my bottom, up between my legs, fan front out, down on my tummy, roll excess diaper in & down to my belly-button, tape up snugly. Then, up on my feet, legs forced apart by my diaper, and admire my work...and enjoy the super-cuddly-soft, snug, bulky feel, toddle-waddle a bit...and get utterly lost in the babyish scent. 🥴

What made it especially fun was keeping my shoes & t-shirt on. I felt so totally toddler! 🧸🍼🥰

An adult-sized fanfold for a big baby like you deserves two pairs of side tabs for a proper fit. 🙂

You can do the same trick using a thick absorbent bedpad and stick thyself the tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to vote for Goodnites. 😊

Though to be honest, I think it was a brand of Pull-Up that triggered my ABDL side. But sense I was very little and didn't understand anything; I'm sticking with Goodnites.

Reactions: ShyBoo81, Boltsboy86 and BobbiSueEllen
In addition to disposables and inflatables I had a fancy addiction for Swedish tie-on pants.
[ broken link removed ] ~KitsuneFox

Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
BabyTweetyBird said:
An adult-sized fanfold for a big baby like you deserves two pairs of side tabs for a proper fit. 🙂

That was easy: 2-inch-wide duct tape. It held the paired diapers together and one 6-inch tape on each side held the big diaper on my bottom. Very babylike. 🤗🥰🥳

BabyTweetyBird said:
You can do the same trick using a thick absorbent bedpad and stick thyself the tabs.

But I wanted real Pampers. Nothing else would do.

Last edited:
BobbiSueEllen said:
But I wanted real Pampers. Nothing else would do.

You're not alone as I always wanted an authentic adult fanfold sposie from P&G with all the bells and whistles, including the textured plastic and three pairs of side tabs.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
For those who prefer more discretion Babylino Maxi Plus fanfolds are the best platform for an old-school adult sposie. All the bells and whistles are there except for the scent.

s-l1600-2~130.jpg

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
Started in Goodnights, first proper nappy was a Cuddlz and it was one of the most electric feeling in my life.

• Love
Reactions: sinceiwassmall, Boltsboy86 and BobbiSueEllen
MattDLJ said:
Was always interested and would love walking down the nappy aisle at the supermarket when shopping with my mum.
Eventually got hold of some drynites/goodnites sized 8-15 when i was about 14 years old. Never stopped thinking about them ever since. Mind you I wouldn’t ever try a drynite now. Only fit in adult ones.
I was about 10-18 years old and going stopped with my mom and going down the diapers aisle and looking at all the boxs/bags of diapers/pampers. Today, after 40 years I still do it look at all diapers/pampers when I go shopping when nobody looking.

Attachments

• pampers is best diapers.jpg
    pampers is best diapers.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Pampers is #1 diapers 2.jpg
    Pampers is #1 diapers 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, Rezzu, WillFord384 and 2 others
The cloth curities my mother pinned me in when i was a teen bedwetter along with the plastic pants she used, Gerber toodler large as I recall.

Reactions: Rezzu, tam1623, Brumas94 and 2 others
The old style plastic Attends, that's what did for me. It is a shame they quit making them.

My first diapers were generic or some such brand that I found at my church. Later I bought Curity cloth baby diapers which I could pin on and fit into. When I graduated from college I only weighed 135 lbs.

Reactions: Forced, BobbiSueEllen and Cottontail
Curity "Day/Night" prefolds. They're what I was diapered in as a baby, what my sister was diapered in after me, and what was left around the house to play with after we were potty-trained. Basically, for years after the urges hit, I would satisfy them by wearing the actual diapers I'd worn years before as a baby. By age 7, I was a pro at sneaking them from the box they were stored in and pinning them on. I'd often sleep in them. Couldn't use them for their intended purpose, but oh! was it ever heavenly just having those puffy Curity prefolds on my butt. When they no longer fit, I'd pin a couple together, or take elastic from an old pair of underwear and make pull-ups out of them.

I'm sure a few other older babies can share similar stories, as it was common for parents who used prefolds and flat diapers to keep them around, if not for a possible subsequent child, then for use as cleaning rags.

full

I love these particular Curity prefolds so much that I've been collecting them from eBay for some time, and have about 200 of them. I use them often as boosters in my larger cloth diapers, and even had a seamstress make me some fitted diapers from them a few years back. They didn't hold up, unfortunately. I might try again with a different design.

Anyway... Total Curity addict here, if that didn't make it obvious enough. ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384, tam1623, Lyric and 2 others
Cottontail said:
for years after the urges hit, I would satisfy them by wearing the actual diapers I'd worn years before as a baby. By age 7, I was a pro at sneaking them from the box they were stored in and pinning them on
This is pretty much a perfect story. Curity prefolds are “the” diapers to me too. Mine came from Stork Diaper Service so when my sisters and I were done with them, all too soon, there were none in the house.

When my urges started I did find a pair of diaper pins I must’ve worn many times as a baby. They had the same kind of meaning to me when I played. I pinned myself in makeshift diapers I learned to fold (and less excitingly, wash) from the baby care book my parents had in their hands looking after me.

I have a special relationship with early to mid-1970s Pampers too. The purple Toddler Day and Night box @cprdr shared above is the gateway one. Not because I ever wore them or even touched them. And I never imagined they would fit me. But the ads for them were all around and made me want to be a baby that way like nothing else. The baby on the box looked sooo content. I would try to sneak looks at the packages in stores. I went through magazines at the library looking for those ads and they were some of the best (and only) reading about diapers I had at a critical stage.

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384, Lyric, Cottontail and 1 other person
sinceiwassmall said:
Mine came from Stork Diaper Service so when my sisters and I were done with them, all too soon, there were none in the house.
:) My very first cloth diapers were from Baby Diaper Service in Seattle, which is still in operation. We moved out of the service area when I was only a year old, however, so Mom stocked up on the Curity prefolds. I wouldn’t be surprised to know that the diapers from the service had been Curity also, but of course I don’t remember them. Occasionally you’ll see Curity’s special diaper service prefolds show up on eBay (they have serial numbers and a different stamp), but I’ve never tried them.

Last edited:
The first diaper I ever bought as an adult was a Depend Adjustable and it was awful; it was enough to make me question if diapers were even something I actually wanted. After that, though, I ordered Abena M4s and fell in love. I think the first AB/DL diaper I ever wore was an ABU Dinorawrz and the rest is history.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
From the time I was about 7 to 9, I was put into baby diapers by my older step sister whenever I visited my biological father. They didn't fit, so she used duct tape to keep them on. Aside of curiosity, and manufacturing my own throughout my teens, it wasn't until I was on my own and walking by the incontinence aisle at Walmart that began to suspect there was something inside me that longer for that. At the time, I was unaware of what might be available, so my first real abdl foray was with the plastic backed depends. It wasn't until about 8ish years ago that I learned that there was something better available.

Reactions: Lyric and BobbiSueEllen
Hockeyczar said:
The old style plastic Attends, that's what did for me. It is a shame they quit making them.

It's a shame P&G sold Attends business to PaperPak and Domtar. Kindly hope American Industrial Partners (AIP) will restore the brand's former glory making a high-quality product satisfying our needs.

• Love
DwarvenDL said:
From the time I was about 7 to 9, I was put into baby diapers by my older step sister whenever I visited my biological father. They didn't fit, so she used duct tape to keep them on. Aside of curiosity, and manufacturing my own throughout my teens, it wasn't until I was on my own and walking by the incontinence aisle at Walmart that began to suspect there was something inside me that longer for that. At the time, I was unaware of what might be available, so my first real abdl foray was with the plastic backed depends. It wasn't until about 8ish years ago that I learned that there was something better available.

Many of us who had grown up with Huggies switched to Depend.

Reactions: DwarvenDL and BobbiSueEllen
Back