Finally, I’ve decided to go 24/7

SobolX30

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
As above. I’ve made my mind up, I want to go 24/7. This feels not only sexually appealing (from a kink POV) but just feels right. I’m aware that I might lose a bit of bladder capacity, but I’m cool with that. I also have some other bladder problems anyway (like I can’t fully empty my bladder, no matter what I do, I have had history of having accidents, also bedwetting ones, up to age of 15. And even to this day, i wet bed from time to time, on a random basis. So in the end, 24/7 for me is bcs of a kink, feeling and that just maybe I genuinly need them.

So, anyone have any tips/tricks? About getting more used to 24/7, changing outside home, preventing rashes etc.
How about #2? From what I’ve seen so far, community seems to be split on this topic. I wanted to ask about some tips on that as well, for now I’m not at all used to doing #2 in diaper.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: Lilrae, Davvyboy, Jorelaxed and 7 others
Maybe you can use hook & loop tape diapers so if you can make it, you can untape it and go #2 in the toilet. Use plenty powder as well, but no oil as it destroys your diapers from the inside.

Reactions: BabyLouise
You can make #2 changes fairly routine by just doing a bunch of them in various locations and situations. The main thing for me is to always carry a lot of wipes and some disposal bags. These are the best:
https://a.co/d/2tO8LBf

Reactions: PaddedWolfie and LittleRorie
Hello and welcome. Settling on wearing 24/7 is a big decision. You seem to be aware that it can result in changes to the way your body works, and that your individual response to diaper re-acclimation may be rather strong, so I won't belabor it. Plenty of discussion has happened around here about it. Just be aware of your body, know your limits, and don't hurt yourself.

I'm about to say a lot, but getting used to 24/7 boils down to getting back into diapers and staying in diapers. It's obvious, but that's the simplest way to say it. The rest logically follows from the knowledge that once your current diaper is done, you are absolutely 100% going to be putting another one on.

You will have to get used to carrying a diaper bag when out of the house with at least two changes in it. I use a backpack that isn't going to look out of place where I go. This one can be a big change for many people who don't tend to carry relatively big bags with themselves everywhere. It's also obvious to anybody who knows you and can draw questions. Make sure you're prepared for that. Also a lot of places do security/loss prevention bag checks these days. Make sure you're mentally prepared for that too.

Get comfortable with using diaper creams or other skin protectants. You might not need them all the time, but you will want to have some handy to help heal and prevent rashes.

On that note, don't sit in soaked diapers too long and, if you decide to mess, definitely don't sit in messy and wet diapers too long. The combination is particularly hard on skin. Consider finding a changing schedule that works well for your daily use where you change more often than might be necessary, and stick with it. Remember, even if your diaper only absorbed one bladder full, it still did its job...

Maintain a good hygiene routine. Remember that diapers are at their core a sanitary tool. They're to keep you and the environment around you clean and happy. That means you also can't slack off keeping yourself clean! Don't neglect cleaning your diaper area. Pay extra special attention to it when you take your (regular) bath or shower and clean thoroughly with wipes each time you change. You will go through a LOT of wipes so buy in bulk. I like Costco's Kirkland brand wipes.

Changing outside the home is mostly a head game. If you have a well packed diaper bag and are practiced, it's straightforward but the nerves of it are something you have to get over. Opt for private single serve restrooms if you can, obviously, but if you don't have any available, you just have to do the best you can with what you have. If you're used to changing while laying down, get comfortable with doing it standing.

Get ready to say something in defense of your diaper wearing (or, deflect suspicion) to literally anyone who interacts with you closely in your life. The approach is up to you, and most often people don't pry about potentially medical stuff, but sometimes they do.

Find clothes that maximize diaper discreetness and fit well over your new underwear choice. You may want to shop for some new clothes (with a diaper on, of course). Understand that certain clothing choices are going to potentially give you more grief than they're worth, and make it a challenge to be stealth wearing. Recognize that save for a special few, precious articles of clothing, adult fashion is not designed with diapers in mind.

Because the end result is the same (dirty diapers), you should feel free to choose to use your diapers in whatever manner you want. However, maximizing the conveniences of diapered life demands that you be comfortable using wherever and whenever. People generally have some level of bladder shyness in certain circumstances (in bed, in a car, laying down, etc). You can choose to train and try to get past those situations or not.

Diapered overnights are a special beast. You may want to get an extra heavy absorbency diaper or boosters for your usual for nighttime. You can sleep without extra leak protection and your diaper will work just fine (usually), especially if you wet lightly. But any heavier and you will have to deal with leaks eventually.

All diapers are cheaper per unit in bulk. Buy big.

Never be afraid to take a break if you need it! You are choosing to wear constantly. That means you have the ability to stop. Do it if you want to or need to. You are still 24/7. No one is keeping score but you.

Diaper free air-out time is important and fun. Make sure to include some in your daily routine.

There are obviously more things to consider, but these are the first things to come to my brain right now.

As far as messing your diaper is concerned, a lot about it is really your choice. Some people love it, some people hate it. Almost everybody finds the cleanup to be trying at times, although sometimes it's easy. The way I approach it is that I think diapers should be used for both wetting and messing, but I only mess under controlled circumstances, when I won't be irresponsible and when I can clean myself promptly and thoroughly.

Most diapers have at least second-chance tapes so you can take off a diaper to use the toilet for #2 and put the diaper back on to wet, if you don't want to mess in your diaper. Hook and loop disposables, modern cloth, and pull-ups are the easiest in that regard, but a lot of adhesive-tape disposables are fine with this as well.

If you do want to mess, then it's about just relaxing when you feel the need and the time is right. It should be natural. Don't push hard. Hope that you get lucky and it's both easy to get out and easy to clean up from. The more you move afterward, the more you smell. Make it a priority to change very soon.

Make sure you have a lot of wipes available at change time, as well as nitrile gloves. Use the padding of the diaper to get most of the cleanup work done, then switch over to wipes. Shake the poop out into a toilet. Be super generous with cleanup and get yourself squeaky clean. Consider showering afterward if you are at home and feel like you need it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Freddie07601, Deleted member 39193, abdl86 and 8 others
Going 24/7 takes a lot if commitment , planning , highs and lows
Always have a bag with spare diapers and change of clothes in your car
If going away for the a week more go at least. 10 more diapers than you need as a runny bum can strike any time
Wipes wipes and more wipes
Rash cream
PUL pants a must
Look at higher range medical diapers due to cost of Ab
Look at using cloth at home if you can and line dry in summer
Don’t lie about why you’re wearing
Strong trash bags
P/S no2 most of mine happen when diaper is wet and when I get up about 30 mins later so in the diaper it goes then change diaper

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyLouise
ArgentBuffalo said:
You will have to get used to carrying a diaper bag when out of the house with at least two changes in it. I use a backpack that isn't going to look out of place where I go. This one can be a big change for many people who don't tend to carry relatively big bags with themselves everywhere. It's also obvious to anybody who knows you and can draw questions. Make sure you're prepared for that. Also a lot of places do security/loss prevention bag checks these days. Make sure you're mentally prepared for that too.

[…]

Get ready to say something in defense of your diaper wearing (or, deflect suspicion) to literally anyone who interacts with you closely in your life. The approach is up to you, and most often people don't pry about potentially medical stuff, but sometimes they do.
This is one of 2 major walls I may end up stopping at. So far, my strategy was to put my mindset i to ‚I genuinely need to wear them’ mode, I was thinking about various scenarios before I made this commitment. First major step was to tell a few close friends about it. I was surprised how supportive they were. When it comes to telling family, it’s completely another story. But since everyone in my closer family know I had some bladder problems since I was a kid, up to age of 14(?) it may make sense to them. For random ppl I don’t really care if they can tell I’m diapered or not, it’s none of their business, and they can’t do anything about it anyway.
It’s all down (i think) to making my mindset switch. I kinda know that going 24/7 with problems I have is like using fighter jets against single mosquito, but hey. If these help, these help, right?

ArgentBuffalo said:
Hello and welcome. Settling on wearing 24/7 is a big decision. You seem to be aware that it can result in changes to the way your body works, and that your individual response to diaper re-acclimation may be rather strong, so I won't belabor it. Plenty of discussion has happened around here about it. Just be aware of your body, know your limits, and don't hurt yourself.
It’s not a decision I made randomly overnight. I’ve been thinking out it for almost a year, maybe more. I’ve been reading everything there is about it, just so I can get some knowledge beforehand. From what I’ve seen most ppl try going 24/7 when they’re not really mentally propered for it. And I think it’s one of the most, if not the most, crucial steps. I don’t want to hurt myself by forcing anything, but I know, that after some time, I’ll lose some bladder control. For bowel control, I’d rather want not to lose it, as dealing with messy situations is one big headache, can’t even imagine what it would be dealing with it not at home. In the end, just giving up on your bladder control seems like a big deal.

Reactions: PaddedWolfie, ArgentBuffalo and diapers4life
#2 advice. I don't wear 24/7 but do wear every day. I wear plastic backed Tena/Betterdry normally. If I NEED to mess then I can pull my diapers down, poop and then pull up again. Re taping is tricky with thin plastic.
Hope this helps and good luck.

I wish you well as well as a Happy New Year! For some people wearing diapers is the right thing to do and makes your life easier. Even though wearing diapers can add some complications to certain events, the fact that you are comfortable with the decision to wear diapers, your life in diapers makes it all worth while.

I am making the same decision as you. I won't necessarily make a New Years Resolution to wear diapers, I am just going to do it. I have some issues with leakage or both fecal, hemorrhoidal and also issues regarding urinary. I have worn diapers most of the time in the last few years but take break when things seem to calm down. Then when they act up and I am not wearing a diaper, I am disappointed in the fact that I have to go change clothes again because I messed in them. So now I am just going to wear diapers all the time and live with my decision. I will be happier in the long run.

Reactions: Napincolove and ArgentBuffalo
SobolX30 said:
This is one of 2 major walls I may end up stopping at. So far, my strategy was to put my mindset i to ‚I genuinely need to wear them’ mode, I was thinking about various scenarios before I made this commitment. First major step was to tell a few close friends about it. I was surprised how supportive they were. When it comes to telling family, it’s completely another story. But since everyone in my closer family know I had some bladder problems since I was a kid, up to age of 14(?) it may make sense to them. For random ppl I don’t really care if they can tell I’m diapered or not, it’s none of their business, and they can’t do anything about it anyway.
It’s all down (i think) to making my mindset switch. I kinda know that going 24/7 with problems I have is like using fighter jets against single mosquito, but hey. If these help, these help, right?

It's a nice confidence booster that your friends were supportive! Family is indeed tricky, but as you say, it might make sense to them with the issues you've had in the past.

I find the "fighter jets against a mosquito" thing actually kind of liberating and enjoyable in a weird kind of way, because I know what you mean and have (very minor) plumbing issues myself. They sure will help, and it's not really overkill for you if it's what gives you confidence. Find some amusement in it and embrace it!

SobolX30 said:
It’s not a decision I made randomly overnight. I’ve been thinking out it for almost a year, maybe more. I’ve been reading everything there is about it, just so I can get some knowledge beforehand. From what I’ve seen most ppl try going 24/7 when they’re not really mentally propered for it. And I think it’s one of the most, if not the most, crucial steps. I don’t want to hurt myself by forcing anything, but I know, that after some time, I’ll lose some bladder control. For bowel control, I’d rather want not to lose it, as dealing with messy situations is one big headache, can’t even imagine what it would be dealing with it not at home. In the end, just giving up on your bladder control seems like a big deal.

It sounded like you had done your homework and made a deliberate, considered decision, which is why I didn't want to belabor things. However, it just bears repeating, especially for folks reading who might not be as informed as you and who might also be considering.

And I think you're right. Mental preparation for any lifestyle change is critical, if you can help it...

Last edited:
Reactions: abdl86 and PaddedWolfie
michael1538 said:
I wish you well as well as a Happy New Year! For some people wearing diapers is the right thing to do and makes your life easier. Even though wearing diapers can add some complications to certain events, the fact that you are comfortable with the decision to wear diapers, your life in diapers makes it all worth while.

I am making the same decision as you. I won't necessarily make a New Years Resolution to wear diapers, I am just going to do it. I have some issues with leakage or both fecal, hemorrhoidal and also issues regarding urinary. I have worn diapers most of the time in the last few years but take break when things seem to calm down. Then when they act up and I am not wearing a diaper, I am disappointed in the fact that I have to go change clothes again because I messed in them. So now I am just going to wear diapers all the time and live with my decision. I will be happier in the long run.
Great answer

growlycub said:
You can make #2 changes fairly routine by just doing a bunch of them in various locations and situations. The main thing for me is to always carry a lot of wipes and some disposal bags. These are the best:
https://a.co/d/2tO8LBf
this is good to know as someone that dreads cleanup, I'd love to make #2 changes fairly routine rather than a hassle when I can finally wear again.

Reactions: growlycub
Be prepared to lose the sexual appeal. When you wear 24/7 it will sort of become normal and routine. When I went 24/7, it soon went from wearing for sexual pleasure to wearing for comfort mostly.

Take good care of your skin. Use a good barrier cream and decent wipes that will help nourish your skin. I now prefer wearing cloth backed products as my skin was constantly becoming irritated. Think it was a mixture of sweating and chaffing.

I’m fine with #2 changes. I can be cleaned up within a matter of minutes now. A lot of people here suggest taking a shower, but I would find that too much of a hassle. Large moist adult wipes and a non rinse wash does the job.

Reactions: abdl86
I'm not 24/7 yet so I can't give much advice (but it's something that I've been considering heavily out of comfort/enjoyment/convenience), but all of the advice in here lines up with what my friend that's been 24/7 for 10 years has told me!
ArgentBuffalo said:

I'm about to say a lot, but getting used to 24/7 boils down to getting back into diapers and staying in diapers. It's obvious, but that's the simplest way to say it. The rest logically follows from the knowledge that once your current diaper is done, you are absolutely 100% going to be putting another one on.

Get comfortable with using diaper creams or other skin protectants. You might not need them all the time, but you will want to have some handy to help heal and prevent rashes.

On that note, don't sit in soaked diapers too long and, if you decide to mess, definitely don't sit in messy and wet diapers too long. The combination is particularly hard on skin. Consider finding a changing schedule that works well for your daily use where you change more often than might be necessary, and stick with it. Remember, even if your diaper only absorbed one bladder full, it still did its job...

Maintain a good hygiene routine. Remember that diapers are at their core a sanitary tool. They're to keep you and the environment around you clean and happy. That means you also can't slack off keeping yourself clean! Don't neglect cleaning your diaper area. Pay extra special attention to it when you take your (regular) bath or shower and clean thoroughly with wipes each time you change. You will go through a LOT of wipes so buy in bulk. I like Costco's Kirkland brand wipes.

Changing outside the home is mostly a head game. If you have a well packed diaper bag and are practiced, it's straightforward but the nerves of it are something you have to get over. Opt for private single serve restrooms if you can, obviously, but if you don't have any available, you just have to do the best you can with what you have. If you're used to changing while laying down, get comfortable with doing it standing.

Find clothes that maximize diaper discreetness and fit well over your new underwear choice. You may want to shop for some new clothes (with a diaper on, of course). Understand that certain clothing choices are going to potentially give you more grief than they're worth, and make it a challenge to be stealth wearing. Recognize that save for a special few, precious articles of clothing, adult fashion is not designed with diapers in mind.

Because the end result is the same (dirty diapers), you should feel free to choose to use your diapers in whatever manner you want. However, maximizing the conveniences of diapered life demands that you be comfortable using wherever and whenever. People generally have some level of bladder shyness in certain circumstances (in bed, in a car, laying down, etc). You can choose to train and try to get past those situations or not.

Diapered overnights are a special beast. You may want to get an extra heavy absorbency diaper or boosters for your usual for nighttime. You can sleep without extra leak protection and your diaper will work just fine (usually), especially if you wet lightly. But any heavier and you will have to deal with leaks eventually.

All diapers are cheaper per unit in bulk. Buy big.

Never be afraid to take a break if you need it! You are choosing to wear constantly. That means you have the ability to stop. Do it if you want to or need to. You are still 24/7. No one is keeping score but you.

Diaper free air-out time is important and fun. Make sure to include some in your daily routine.

There are obviously more things to consider, but these are the first things to come to my brain right now.

As far as messing your diaper is concerned, a lot about it is really your choice. Some people love it, some people hate it. Almost everybody finds the cleanup to be trying at times, although sometimes it's easy. The way I approach it is that I think diapers should be used for both wetting and messing, but I only mess under controlled circumstances, when I won't be irresponsible and when I can clean myself promptly and thoroughly.

Most diapers have at least second-chance tapes so you can take off a diaper to use the toilet for #2 and put the diaper back on to wet, if you don't want to mess in your diaper. Hook and loop disposables, modern cloth, and pull-ups are the easiest in that regard, but a lot of adhesive-tape disposables are fine with this as well.

If you do want to mess, then it's about just relaxing when you feel the need and the time is right. It should be natural. Don't push hard. Hope that you get lucky and it's both easy to get out and easy to clean up from. The more you move afterward, the more you smell. Make it a priority to change very soon.

Make sure you have a lot of wipes available at change time, as well as nitrile gloves. Use the padding of the diaper to get most of the cleanup work done, then switch over to wipes. Shake the poop out into a toilet. Be super generous with cleanup and get yourself squeaky clean. Consider showering afterward if you are at home and feel like you need it.

SobolX30 said:
As above. I’ve made my mind up, I want to go 24/7. This feels not only sexually appealing (from a kink POV) but just feels right. I’m aware that I might lose a bit of bladder capacity, but I’m cool with that. I also have some other bladder problems anyway (like I can’t fully empty my bladder, no matter what I do, I have had history of having accidents, also bedwetting ones, up to age of 15. And even to this day, i wet bed from time to time, on a random basis. So in the end, 24/7 for me is bcs of a kink, feeling and that just maybe I genuinly need them.

So, anyone have any tips/tricks? About getting more used to 24/7, changing outside home, preventing rashes etc.
How about #2? From what I’ve seen so far, community seems to be split on this topic. I wanted to ask about some tips on that as well, for now I’m not at all used to doing #2 in diaper.
I have been 24/7, U-IC for 45 years and have long recommended that one not choose this lifestyle. But, you seem egger to proceed. Remember, that life comes at you fast and without warning when things go badly and you will be diapered when it happens. Wearing around your own apartment /home is easy when it is just you. If you have a room mate or partner it quickly becomes far more difficult. Must like a weekend with the guys or a friend.

Gatherings with family and friends can be problematic as you are the one with a fully functional diaper bag and the needs to keep it current over a long weekend.

I would not wish my lifestyle on anyone.

Reactions: Lethdale, abdl86, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
I have been 24/7, U-IC for 45 years and have long recommended that one not choose this lifestyle. But, you seem egger to proceed. Remember, that life comes at you fast and without warning when things go badly and you will be diapered when it happens. Wearing around your own apartment /home is easy when it is just you. If you have a room mate or partner it quickly becomes far more difficult. Must like a weekend with the guys or a friend.

Gatherings with family and friends can be problematic as you are the one with a fully functional diaper bag and the needs to keep it current over a long weekend.

Actually, I live with a roommate, he doesn’t care. Also, I myself don’t have much problem wearing diapers outside my home, and yes, I’m well aware that things can happen. As I’ve said before - it’s not a random decision.

• Thinking
Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater and PaddedWolfie
Edgewater said:

Like the times I decide that my semi wet diaper will last till I get home from work only to have my bladder release either a couple of miles from home or just as I get in doors causing me to flood and leak 👿

• Love
Reactions: Lethdale and Edgewater
Because it looks like you have legit medical reasons, and not going 24/7 just for the fun of it, I support you on this endeavor. :)

12srepaid said:
Because it looks like you have legit medical reasons, and not going 24/7 just for the fun of it, I support you on this endeavor. :)
Well yes, I often (almost always) ended up with more or less wet briefs, which is annoying. Just recently I thought that diapers may be actually a great way to solve it. And it may also help to avoid some accidents that happen. Rarely, but still. It just happens that I also like wearing them :p

Reactions: Lethdale
SobolX30 said:

Best of luck pal.
Hope all goes well.
You can always taper down if it’s too much😊

PaddedWolfie said:
this is good to know as someone that dreads cleanup, I'd love to make #2 changes fairly routine rather than a hassle when I can finally wear again.
Yeah, I recently have just been trying to be very autopilot about them. Watching YouTube makes the time pass faster for me. I may be a bit too thorough with the cleanup, not wanting a single trace of poo. I envy people that can clean up in a matter of a few minutes. It takes me like 10-15 mins every time.

Reactions: PaddedWolfie
Back