Finally had to come clean with my kids

Babyman1224

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
So the other day I had some packages arrive. Stocking up with the inflation and figured I’d need to get some good protection stocked up too. Well after a couple of deliveries my young teen started asking what was in the boxes. I don’t feel comfortable lying to them and told them the truth. All I said that dad has some stomach issues that make some things necessary. It was a very difficult conversation but it was somewhat relieving. Unbeknownst to me they already had an idea dad was wearing protection. I guess showing them that I too am human isn’t a bad thing. I’m not invincible and I was rather moved by their concern for my health. For those of you stressing about your immediate family finding out, trust me it’s not so bad. I reiterated that this is something that we don’t bring up and as far as they are concerned dad just had to wear better underwear for just in case situations.

Reactions: Diprs2, GatoChihuahua, slimjiminy and 2 others
Good for you. This is the one discussion I dread having to have one day and ceep putting it off, even though I suspect they already know.
It is silly but I'm not worried so much about them knowing but just the idea of telling them.
My incontinence may also be inherited from my father's side .

Reactions: Diprs2
Well done! I'm pleased you've been able to be open with your kids about your diaper needs.
It doesn't surprise me that your kids have spotted your protection before. Children can be very observant to what's going on.
I'm pleased they took it well, and they didn't make fun of you.

I'm pretty open about my incontinence and my diaper needs with people, but I know it does get me down at times.
But the more people I can be open with about it, the easier it is to handle.
Better that than feel ashamed of something I can't control for medical reasons.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Diprs2 and Babyman1224
I told my kids I have prostate cancer and was going in for surgery, I told them all is good and I'll be fine but I also told them I may be incontinent. They had no idea what that meant so I explained it to them. Their response to me was, that's OK we will still love you, you are our dad

Reactions: Diprs2, Babyman1224 and GatoChihuahua
Stocking up with the inflation?
My plastic pants inflate when I‘m put in the stocks 😂

Reactions: Diprs2 and ZpyTim
Back