Finally - Diapers called out on the package

Kellycares said:
I wear diapers, and this wonderful product is my first and favorite choice when picking an option to meet my diaper needs. I’ve been buying a monthly case of 40 for a couple of years now. I also mix in about 60 other lighter, less expensive diaper options each month to fully meet my needs. And, I must confess, I did not notice this packaging change. And, I pride myself being obsevant.

I like it. I don’t like mincing words. Being in diapers now is such a different lifestyle, than just being “normal”, Calling my diapers a ”brief” sort of diminishes what I (we) have to endure.

I can also see how this labeling clears up some confusion for customers who want, or need,a “diaper style” instead of a simple pull-up.
I've always been "in diapers" since the beginning. When I was a kid, sometimes my mom would say, "let's change your nappy" and I'd get confused. "What's a nappy?" My mom ("the Galway woman." She was born in County Galway from Ireland), before she was Americanized. Every once in a while she would say nappy. And it always confused me. Now as an adult, well, lets face it, it's simply a diaper. Whether it's a baby diaper or an adult diaper. If it says it's a brief it's still a diaper. When my girlfriend is here at my house, in the morning she'll say "is your diaper dirty?" So she knows it's a diaper. Just like a parent. They don't say your kid is in briefs. They say the kid is in diapers. Just like me.

Reactions: Kellycares, Ashton84, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
12srepaid said:
Yes, I'm quite strong on this. I found out several years ago that Mental Retardation got renamed to Intellectual Disability, because I have a mild form of it. However I prefer the previous term. Anyway, I wanted to be tested to see if I had any form of Autism. I was born in 1972 and I never heard of Autism until the 2000's.
I personally do not like the old term myself. I don’t really like the new term either (even if it is technically less offensive). Since I am on the spectrum myself (currently level one, but when I was younger my symptoms were level two) and I grew up during during the 1980s and 1990s I was often called “the R-word”.

Strangely enough when I took some online IQ tests back in the late 1990s (shortly before graduating from college) I pretty consistently tested in the 120 to 125 range. Therefore I am not a genius (or even gifted) but I am apparently average (or possibly slightly above) for a college graduate.

By the way back in the 1980s autism was mentioned in the movie Rain Man and in the TV series St. Elsewhere but otherwise you didn’t hear about it all that much on TV.

I remember the part about St. Elsewhere pretty clearly even though I only occasionally watched the show because being on the spectrum myself and having the first name “Thomas” I had a high school teacher (in the early 1990s) who compared me to the autistic character in St. Elsewhere. Eventually one of the deans heard about this and told the headmaster, etc. and he was fired not long after this.

Reactions: 12srepaid and PadPhilosopher
greatlake5 said:
I've always been "in diapers" since the beginning. When I was a kid, sometimes my mom would say, "let's change your nappy" and I'd get confused. "What's a nappy?" My mom ("the Galway woman." She was born in County Galway from Ireland), before she was Americanized. Every once in a while she would say nappy. And it always confused me. Now as an adult, well, lets face it, it's simply a diaper. Whether it's a baby diaper or an adult diaper. If it says it's a brief it's still a diaper. When my girlfriend is here at my house, in the morning she'll say "is your diaper dirty?" So she knows it's a diaper. Just like a parent. They don't say your kid is in briefs. They say the kid is in diapers. Just like me.
Exactly, when I was growing up (even in preschool at age five-and-a-half) and I needed to be changed my mother would use the term “diaper” or occasionally “pamper” (which was still accurate because I wore Pampers). I didn’t really mind either term until I was a bit older (around age nine or ten) and I began to be able to experience embarrassment.

By this point diapers were pretty much just a nighttime thing aside from some rare sick days here and there. Even then if I was only mildly sick (for example if I only had a slight cold, but no fever) I was usually expected to use the toilet during the day if I could.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I'm so glad that they stepped out and put the word right there on the package. I don't believe I've ever seen that before except on ABDL products and it very rear that is called out as a "Diaper".

Call them for what they are. Grown up in diapers, its just a word that describes the article of clothing. When you say the word diaper, it means to me a cloth or disposable item wrapped around the body to retain fluids and solids from the body. Fastened at the hips with pins or tapes and can be removed and changed without removing clothing. Pull-ups are a close second but they are not fastened like diapers and you will need to remove your clothing to change the article of clothing.

I believe I'll order some just because it says the word "Diaper" right there on the package.

Reactions: 12srepaid and PadPhilosopher
my little rascals from NRU have 'diapers' stamped on the packaging.

Attachments

• 20240202_115141.jpg
    20240202_115141.jpg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 8
Nateen brand bag says “Adult Diapers”

Pampers4Ever said:
Northshore has done it. Instead of calling them briefs or underwear. They called them "Diapers" on the package. Has anyone seen other packaging with the word "diapers" on the bag?

View attachment 129254
back in the 70's there was a diaper called Ambeze and the package was labeled the same ways-l1600 (4).jpg

Back