Finally - Diapers called out on the package

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Northshore has done it. Instead of calling them briefs or underwear. They called them "Diapers" on the package. Has anyone seen other packaging with the word "diapers" on the bag?

1706753062138.png

Reactions: Canadianfalls, tbert7896, Seabear and 13 others
But why "Diaper Style with Tabs"? Shouldn't it just be "Diapers"?

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL, AJFan2020, Little1 and 4 others
12srepaid said:
sounds like a transitory thing to me lol. Like baby steps XD

• Haha
Reactions: ChrisChris, Kellycares, mistykitty and 2 others
12srepaid said:
I was gonna say....
Like what's with "Diaper Style"? Why not just "Adult Diapers"?
"Diaper Style" isn't exactly saying they are diapers even though it's implied.

Reactions: AJFan2020, 12srepaid and PadPhilosopher
"Diaper style" as opposed to "pull-up style?"

• Haha
Reactions: theancientmariner, AJFan2020, JR1 and 1 other person
Nowididit said:
I was gonna say....
Diaper style = tape on diapers
so people don't think pullup style aka disposable underwear

Naming schemes for adult incontinence products by companies is a bit strange

Reactions: AJFan2020
Nowididit said:
I was gonna say....
"This is kinda like diapers, but not actually diapers, because babies wear diapers, and these are for adults, so they couldn't possibly be diapers; they are only made in such a way that they stylistically resemble them."

It's such a weird world.

Reactions: AJFan2020, JunkyardDog1, Tenawearer and 3 others
I have ordered diapers from Carewell; on their site THEY call 'em diapers even if the package says "absorbent briefs."

Reactions: fredy552 and PadPhilosopher
Pampers4Ever said:
Has anyone seen other packaging with the word "diapers" on the bag?
Loads of times (but, I'm in the UK, so 'diaper' doesn't carry the same weight 🤭).
From the late 90s or early 00s:
karocare.jpg

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I have read reviews. Where folks thought they were getting pull on brief style. Only to find they got diapers. It's pretty easy to see on the package what they are getting. People do not pay attention. So putting diaper style may help clear that up.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and PadPhilosopher
I dislike the word brief. For some reason it reminds me of just a pair of regular underwear. Call them what they are, diapers. I look for the word diaper on packs of diapers, emails I get and on advertisements I see on different things.

Reactions: furry121, AJFan2020, hanzertas and 4 others
Diaper, diaper style, absorbent brief's, absorbent panties, protective underwear, pull-ups, nappies. ect. who cares it is only a name

Reactions: BigAl2 and PadPhilosopher
chamberpot said:
Diaper, diaper style, absorbent brief's, absorbent panties, protective underwear, pull-ups, nappies. ect. who cares it is only a name
What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet? But some people like using right names for things, and not mincing words.

Reactions: AJFan2020, Kellycares, mistykitty and 3 others
PadPhilosopher said:
What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet? But some people like using right names for things, and not mincing words.
Yes, I'm quite strong on this. I found out several years ago that Mental Retardation got renamed to Intellectual Disability, because I have a mild form of it. However I prefer the previous term. Anyway, I wanted to be tested to see if I had any form of Autism. I was born in 1972 and I never heard of Autism until the 2000's.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020, PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
I do prefer to distinguish diapers and pull-ups for clarification.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020, PadPhilosopher, eastcoastdl and 1 other person
12srepaid said:
I do prefer to distinguish diapers and pull-ups for clarification.
Which companies do
usually called disposable underwear for pullups, briefs or tabbed briefs for diaper style

Reactions: AJFan2020, PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
I wear diapers, and this wonderful product is my first and favorite choice when picking an option to meet my diaper needs. I’ve been buying a monthly case of 40 for a couple of years now. I also mix in about 60 other lighter, less expensive diaper options each month to fully meet my needs. And, I must confess, I did not notice this packaging change. And, I pride myself being obsevant.

I like it. I don’t like mincing words. Being in diapers now is such a different lifestyle, than just being “normal”, Calling my diapers a ”brief” sort of diminishes what I (we) have to endure.

I can also see how this labeling clears up some confusion for customers who want, or need,a “diaper style” instead of a simple pull-up.

Reactions: AJFan2020, PadPhilosopher, greatlake5 and 2 others
Age UK calls them adult nappies. No messing around with “briefs” or “protection”.

Reactions: furry121, Pampers4Ever, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
oldpppants said:
I have ordered diapers from Carewell; on their site THEY call 'em diapers even if the package says "absorbent briefs."
Yes, Sir oldppants they do call them diapers order my McKissons diapers autoship each month from Carewell as well.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Kellycares said:
I wear diapers, and this wonderful product is my first and favorite choice when picking an option to meet my diaper needs. I’ve been buying a monthly case of 40 for a couple of years now. I also mix in about 60 other lighter, less expensive diaper options each month to fully meet my needs. And, I must confess, I did not notice this packaging change. And, I pride myself being obsevant.

I like it. I don’t like mincing words. Being in diapers now is such a different lifestyle, than just being “normal”, Calling my diapers a ”brief” sort of diminishes what I (we) have to endure.

I can also see how this labeling clears up some confusion for customers who want, or need,a “diaper style” instead of a simple pull-up.
I'd just label it as diapers or as pull-ups.

Reactions: Kellycares, AJFan2020 and PadPhilosopher
Back