Felling sad about ADISC.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been thinking about this for several days if not weeks and just want to speak my piece.

I love ADISC and the help that it has given me over 11 years.

I have seen a lot of changes and people come and go.

I have applied for Mod several times but my computer skills need a lot of work. Moo has always been nice about it, but I still would like to serve. I do by using the Report button and answering basic questions in the thread.

I was not thrilled when POOP was allowed in topics, but I can and did just get over it.

The thing I have always done was read the introductions and definitely reply to anyone that has not gotten a reply to their intro. (a.k.a. talking to the lonely person in the corner at a party). Over the past two years I have gotten so far behind reading reading introductions, but I do just look for 0 reply.

Over the last month or so I have gotten to a point of let some else answer the intros. Just because I have been so busy and I only have about 5 minutes to look at what is going on.

But I keep seeing so many introductions that send off my SCUM BALL meter. There is no rules that I can see violated but there is just something that says not nice person. I don't want to repeat any of the obvious ones but If you go back and see no response you will know.

MOO has done so much to make this as safe as possible and give us a place to be in and find out we are not alone, there is reason for wanting diapers, and having a community that one can post a thread like this and resolve feelings and anxiety trap. But I just can't get past the problem of the "critics and ignorant/ill informed" people getting in here and destroying what WE HAVE WORKED SO HARD to create.

Thank you for reading this post and realized I am just venting.

Reactions: DPLuvAB, CutestPaddedFemboy, warmfeeling and 19 others
You're feelings are valid and sometimes you need to vent. It's understandble.

Reactions: BigAl2 and BBBen
egor said:
But I keep seeing so many introductions that send off my SCUM BALL meter. There is no rules that I can see violated but there is just something that says not nice person. I don't want to repeat any of the obvious ones but If you go back and see no response you will know.
I might know what you mean, and I'll say what I've said before about this: The forum's level system, well-meaning though it is, has forced a lot of people who'd rather lurk in silence to instead post something in order to gain access to content. Generally speaking, when you force something out of somebody in a situation like this, what you get will be forgettable at best and possibly cringeworthy or offensive. I have a lot of respect for the staff here, but everybody makes mistakes, and I think the current rules around Lurker, Contributor, and access to the Stories forum were a mistake and should be undone.

The good news is that when you read a crappy or rule-breaking intro from somebody with a crotch-shot avatar (because the warning right next to the upload button isn't obvious enough, apparently), you can be reasonably certain that you won't be seeing much of that person. People like that who obviously don't give a rip usually don't become forum regulars. But I agree that it's discouraging to see so much of that these days.

I'll admit that in addition to looking for un-replied-to intros, I also look for ones that are more than one sentence and inspire me to say something thoughtful. When somebody doesn't take the time to make a meaningful post, it's hard to see why my response would matter to them, and I don't like writing posts that nobody's going to care about. I definitely have better things to do!

Anyway... I understand your frustration.

Last edited:
Reactions: moorey, OmiOMy, Jaseinfantlist35 and 8 others
@egor round christmas i tried to reply evry single introduction and i come to the conclusion, that there are so many new persons here per day. At some point it was too much to respond all and i didnt get time for my regulary conversations here. So i stopped to reply and even read.

Yeah adisc has a realy huge output per day. It is a living community. But with that it is realy getting harder to hold this place like it was.

For me adisc is the best support plattform in the abdl spectrum because it isnt sexual at first place. Yeah there is also content for that questions, but here its more get to know each other and give real support.

With that huge ammount of output evryday - we are all here have our responsibility to hold it the place we want

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedTeddyBear, Cottontail, RaawrrrPincess and 2 others
As a fellow longtime member, I share your frustration. I prefer thoughtful threads and readable english. That being said, I skip a lot of threads these days. There are recently joined lurkers who probably have a lot to contribute, but for whatever reason don’t. And there are recently joined lurkers who probably don’t have much to contribute beyond “look at me, my diaper is wet” and contribute more than they probably should. I’ll report people who are blatantly breaking the rules and ignore people who aren’t, but post redundant shallow stuff.

Reactions: geka, Jonnythepony, Cottontail and 3 others
It is a forum for abdl's
some of us are kinda immature
sorry....i have soiled myself
i promise to try really really hard to do better, get my baby brain out of the diaper pail
Seriously i do see new people not know what we are doing here, sometimes they are looking for a mommy or a daddy. Sometimes, they are aggressive.
But the people who i communicate with everyday are kind, considerate, funny and articulate.
Some people, like me, just need a chance to calm down after discovering that "They Are Not Alone"
And I will put my pacifier in now

Reactions: sissybaby34, Cottontail, littlemoosey and 2 others
I think our funtime @KBoy is ok - we are doing it with a understanding group and its the way we are. And yeah it sometime bring us a smile.
the worser problem are people which didnt want to support others and didnt respect the rules (offtopic - thats my binky big brother 🤔)

Dont get down about it Egor. I read about 25% of the intros, of those I respond to about 25% if they had a decent intro. The one line intros, the intro for shock value, and the non grammatical usually get my ignore button.

I like people that have thoughtful posts, whether it is asking for help, or just making observations and asking questions. Most of the rest will eventually drop off of the board anyways.

Reactions: BBBen, RaawrrrPincess and KBoy
I think I know what your talking about. I've seen some intros that I've questioned. Maybe people just like attention and will post whatever to get it?I usually try to respond to some sincere sounding people but not to everyone. I haven't been on much lately my caregiver has been away for work and I've not been myself this past month.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and KBoy
The first time I saw a post from a member talking about pooping his diaper, I was somewhat appalled. Now I just accept it but if it's a topic about pooping, I don't click on it. It's okay to be picky as to what you want to read and what you want to participate in.

I remember Egor when you and I replied to every new member. I guess we could do that because there were fewer. Like you, I probably only respond to 1/4th. The ones I respond to are as others have said, they went to the trouble to tell us their likes, hobbies and other information. When that happens, I actually have something I can respond to. If it's just, "Hi. I'm joining this site and I have to write an intro" and that's it, I'll either not respond or just say hi and welcome to the site.

There are so many interesting threads and so many nice members on this site that I can't see myself ever leaving and not wanting to engage. I enjoy most of the members here. I enjoy the non diaper threads as well, so this site always engages me in some way that is positive. One of the threads I enjoy is you gardening thread and the responses. I don't grow any vegetables but my dad did and I have an interest in it, so I hope you will continue doing the things you do and stay on this site because you're one of the people I enjoy and respect.

Reactions: ElPulpo, messydiaper, BBBen and 2 others
I have been in this site for a good while.. I miss the days of no sexual stuff and no mess talking.. I don’t mind see it ever so often but I feel like I see it so often..

Reactions: CrazySmoker
RukTheKansasDiaperLover said:
I have been in this site for a good while.. I miss the days of no sexual stuff and no mess talking.. I don’t mind see it ever so often but I feel like I see it so often..
I wonder if it would be possible to make a separate section for messing topics? Something like that might help a little? Idk :/

binkyyybunnyyy said:
I wonder if it would be possible to make a separate section for messing topics? Something like that might help a little? Idk :/
I would prefer that.. and then it can be ignored if people want.

Reactions: geka and binkyyybunnyyy
RukTheKansasDiaperLover said:
I would prefer that.. and then it can be ignored if people want.
Exactly! I think it would be a good idea! :3 Hopefully they can do something like that.

binkyyybunnyyy said:
Exactly! I think it would be a good idea! :3 Hopefully they can do something like that.
This seems to be a possibility, but then the community character will be even more destroyed. And to seperate poo is realy stinky - no to be honest, the good think is that we dont seperate much here, in what corner someone belongs. Sometimes i for myself wouldnt know, where i belong (ok definitive noo poo).

But it is in our all responsibility what our community is going to be. And i hope, that new ones sees, that adisc is a real treasure.

There are other sides which are better for nsfw content and the kinky way of abdl. Here its more about support andcbe what you are.

Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy
BBBen said:
This seems to be a possibility, but then the community character will be even more destroyed. And to seperate poo is realy stinky - no to be honest, the good think is that we dont seperate much here, in what corner someone belongs. Sometimes i for myself wouldnt know, where i belong (ok definitive noo poo).

But it is in our all responsibility what our community is going to be. And i hope, that new ones sees, that adisc is a real treasure.

There are other sides which are better for nsfw content and the kinky way of abdl. Here its more about support andcbe what you are.
If the poop questions had an educational aspect then that’s one thing. But it’s all the just “should I do it” kind of things.. like yes I think asking things like “hey how do you handle when you need to clean it up” or what ever. But we also don’t need 40 threads of that same question..

Reactions: dogboy, binkyyybunnyyy and BBBen
Cottontail said:
I might know what you mean, and I'll say what I've said before about this: The forum's level system, well-meaning though it is, has forced a lot of people who'd rather lurk in silence to instead post something in order to gain access to content. Generally speaking, when you force something out of somebody in a situation like this, what you get will be forgettable at best and possibly cringeworthy or offensive. I have a lot of respect for the staff here, but everybody makes mistakes, and I think the current rules around Lurker, Contributor, and access to the Stories forum were a mistake and should be undone.

The good news is that when you read a crappy or rule-breaking intro from somebody with a crotch-shot avatar (because the warning right next to the upload button isn't obvious enough, apparently), you can be reasonably certain that you won't be seeing much of that person. People like that who obviously don't give a rip usually don't become forum regulars. But I agree that it's discouraging to see so much of that these days.

I'll admit that in addition to looking for un-replied-to intros, I also look for ones that are more than one sentence and inspire me to say something thoughtful. When somebody doesn't take the time to make a meaningful post, it's hard to see why my response would matter to them, and I don't like writing posts that nobody's going to care about. I definitely have better things to do!

I really like the levelling system. Earlier today, I decided I wanted to make some friends in the ABDL community. I looked up some posts, found a person who I wanted to privately talk to, and found that feature locked behind a 20-post limit. I wanted to talk to them privately because I was afraid of speaking publicly on the forum, but the system denied me my easy way out until I at least dipped my toes in the cold water.

Talking on the forums has changed me already. I'm making more connections, starting conversations, enjoying myself and learning new things. Maybe other things could be changed, but I see that the rules were built to push the kid in the corner of the party into actually making an effort, and the effort, for me, is paying off tenfold.

Reactions: dogboy, BBBen, binkyyybunnyyy and 1 other person
burrit087 said:
Talking on the forums has changed me already. I'm making more connections, starting conversations, enjoying myself and learning new things. Maybe other things could be changed, but I see that the rules were built to push the kid in the corner of the party into actually making an effort, and the effort, for me, is paying off tenfold.
I’m very glad to hear it, and I hope to see more from you! :)

Even shots taken in the dark will find their mark sometimes, although in fairness I don’t think there’s any way to know the score here. It’s an honor system. You’re probably not the first to be helped, but you might be the first to self-identify. On the other hand, as someone who’s been hanging out here for a long time, I’ve seen a lot of collateral damage. The number of poor-quality posts, especially in Introductions, has gone stratospheric since this rule change was put in place. It’s cost me some of my zest for welcoming people, which makes me sad.

Reactions: moorey
Cottontail said:

I completely second this

egor said:
I have been thinking about this for several days if not weeks and just want to speak my piece.

I love ADISC and the help that it has given me over 11 years.

I have seen a lot of changes and people come and go.

I have applied for Mod several times but my computer skills need a lot of work. Moo has always been nice about it, but I still would like to serve. I do by using the Report button and answering basic questions in the thread.

I was not thrilled when POOP was allowed in topics, but I can and did just get over it.

The thing I have always done was read the introductions and definitely reply to anyone that has not gotten a reply to their intro. (a.k.a. talking to the lonely person in the corner at a party). Over the past two years I have gotten so far behind reading reading introductions, but I do just look for 0 reply.

Over the last month or so I have gotten to a point of let some else answer the intros. Just because I have been so busy and I only have about 5 minutes to look at what is going on.

MOO has done so much to make this as safe as possible and give us a place to be in and find out we are not alone, there is reason for wanting diapers, and having a community that one can post a thread like this and resolve feelings and anxiety trap. But I just can't get past the problem of the "critics and ignorant/ill informed" people getting in here and destroying what WE HAVE WORKED SO HARD to create.

Thank you for reading this post and realized I am just venting.
It’s a good valid vent, but there will always be someone how’s out there trying to destroy our apple cart, we’ve just got to find them and try to not let them in.

Reactions: egor and moorey
Back