Feeling tired of diaper changes.

SparkyDog said:
I use high capacity now with a booster
but more you hold worse the smell gets
If you're doing anything besides sitting the diaper starts falling apart / leaking if you're doing activities so I've found 2-3 wettings and change
I change about 4x a day
Break for my skin too
wash up during each change
totally agree with you. I have to change at least 4x per day or skin is an issue. I can't do like some do and sit in a wet diaper for 8-10 hours.

Reactions: Diprs2, joemama, NannaAnnabelle and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
I use high capacity now with a booster
but more you hold worse the smell gets
If you're doing anything besides sitting the diaper starts falling apart / leaking if you're doing activities so I've found 2-3 wettings and change
I change about 4x a day
Break for my skin too
wash up during each change
I guess I'm lucky I only change before I leave house or when I get up or before work or bed but I'm not IC other than leaking urine from time to time and I do pee more than an average person.

Reactions: Diprs2 and SparkyDog
EcoIncon said:
totally agree with you. I have to change at least 4x per day or skin is an issue. I can't do like some do and sit in a wet diaper for 8-10 hours.
Butt Paste or Destin helps.

Reactions: Diprs2
Calico said:
Butt Paste or Destin helps.
I use Sudocrem Diaper Rash Cream
Works so well
I also use a barrier cream + generous amounts of powder
Imo cleaning as soon as possible is the best method just isn't also an option which is why I use the creams

EcoIncon said:

Same. Skin health and how it feels against your butt. Also, 8 - 12 hrs, seems to push social considerations. Pee smells whether in diapers, pull-ons, cloth, or plastic backed.

daylight said:
Same. Skin health and how it feels against your butt. Also, 8 - 12 hrs, seems to push social considerations. Pee smells whether in diapers, pull-ons, cloth, or plastic backed.
Oh yes especially if the diaper you use has no odor control
The longest I like to go is max 4hrs
We get a bit nose blind
Others can likely smell it before we do and if we can smell it others definitely can

EcoIncon said:
Exactly. This is the reason I don't invest in "exotic" diapers. I won't go more than 4 or 5 hours max in a wet one. Sometimes less depending on the circumstances.

Reactions: Diprs2, SparkyDog and EcoIncon
I agree. I've tried sitting in a very wet diaper for a little bit cause don't feel like changing it at that moment. But now I have a burning bum cause of it.

Reactions: Diprs2, SparkyDog and EcoIncon
SparkyDog said:
Oh yes especially if the diaper you use has no odor control
The longest I like to go is max 4hrs
We get a bit nose blind
Others can likely smell it before we do and if we can smell it others definitely can
Good reason not to wear cloth-backed

Reactions: Diprs2, SparkyDog and NannaAnnabelle
dpcare said:

Preference calculus is complex, currently, y = comfort + more confidence. I use cloth backed because of the air circulation and comfort during the summer. Situationally, it varies, a combination of timed voiding, diapers, and pull-ons.

Granted plastic backed can reduce initial odor but realistically for how long?

daylight said:
@Twinmom , @NannaAnnabelle, Your skin health is so important, cannot be emphasized enough.
Oh I agree. I use wipes religiously and powder to keep the area as dry as possible. I rarely use cream but will when I feel it's needed.

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1 and SparkyDog
dpcare said:
I can't do cloth diapers at all
tried every kind nothing worked for me

daylight said:
Preference calculus is complex, currently, y = comfort + more confidence. I use cloth backed because of the air circulation and comfort during the summer. Situationally, it varies, a combination of timed voiding, diapers, and pull-ons.

Granted plastic backed can reduce initial odor but realistically for how long?
Depends on how concentrated your urine is. If concentrated no diaper no matter how good it is at concealing odor, will fail In containing odor, plastic backed or cloth backed, doesn’t matter.
so despite what we all try, we need to hydrate with plain water, even though it means more possible accidents.

Sometimes I get tired, my hands don’t work well and parts of me are numb,
I wish I had help at times but I don’t .
I still need to be padded so I fumble through , sometimes cloth with Velcro is a life saver.

NannaAnnabelle said:
Oh I agree. I use wipes religiously and powder to keep the area as dry as possible. I rarely use cream but will when I feel it's needed.
I also have to keep guard with bowel accidents.

NotTheAverageMan said:
Depends on how concentrated your urine is. If concentrated no diaper no matter how good it is at concealing odor, will fail In containing odor, plastic backed or cloth backed, doesn’t matter.
so despite what we all try, we need to hydrate with plain water, even though it means more possible accidents.

Yes, definitely, in combination of changing out of wet diapers in a reasonable and appropriate time.

dpcare said:
if only those that wish to be incontinent would realize that being incontinent is not all fun and games there are times I wish I didn't have to change but it is what it is I don't have much choice in the matter
My life revolves around wet/poopy diaper changes with having Cerebral Palsy and Autism.

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
Back