Feeling so blue (rant)

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Rather than call a plumber my partner just put cheap nappies down, the kind that have those plastic like beads that expand and burst just cheap and nasty and they burst all over the bathroom floor and there is weeks and weeks of stagnant water, so i
Cleaned it all up otherwise it wouldn’t get done and then I had to carry 5 trashbags full of heavy wet nappies out to the trash, then clean the floors and struggle to get the steps in so fix the curtains and by the time I finished I started shaking and felt weak and that’s my life.

I been trying to get social services to help with housing but nothing happens and they won’t help me fill the forms in and todays another day where I’m dehydrated because I don’t have it in me to stand on my painful legs to get something to drink. It’s Christmas Eve and I want to be watching my movie and getting to sleep but I’m just too depressed 😔 each day I watch as this home goes downhill and each day the cats contribute to the decline like today it was the shredded curtains, the shredded furniture where they claw it, the roof rotting, the floor rotting and I’d rather give up than face being homeless, I had a tent to go to until it started leaking and now all the bedding is damp and I just had enough and by the time I settle down someone snores the house down so it’s difficult to get any sleep

• Sad
Reactions: KBoy and ElPulpo
babyraggydolls said:
Rather than call a plumber my partner just put cheap nappies down, the kind that have those plastic like beads that expand and burst just cheap and nasty and they burst all over the bathroom floor and there is weeks and weeks of stagnant water, so i
Cleaned it all up otherwise it wouldn’t get done and then I had to carry 5 trashbags full of heavy wet nappies out to the trash, then clean the floors and struggle to get the steps in so fix the curtains and by the time I finished I started shaking and felt weak and that’s my life.

I been trying to get social services to help with housing but nothing happens and they won’t help me fill the forms in and todays another day where I’m dehydrated because I don’t have it in me to stand on my painful legs to get something to drink. It’s Christmas Eve and I want to be watching my movie and getting to sleep but I’m just too depressed 😔 each day I watch as this home goes downhill and each day the cats contribute to the decline like today it was the shredded curtains, the shredded furniture where they claw it, the roof rotting, the floor rotting and I’d rather give up than face being homeless, I had a tent to go to until it started leaking and now all the bedding is damp and I just had enough and by the time I settle down someone snores the house down so it’s difficult to get any sleep
Oh dear, I do feel so sorry for you with everything going wrong right before Christmas! I'm not sure what I can say that's going to make you feel any better, babyraggydolls, other than I do hope things get better for you very soon. It is awful when you feel pretty bad about everything and nobody seems to want to help you at all. I am always amazed that services like housing and social services are not more helpful when people have big problems to deal with - because after all it is supposed to be their job to help people in need. From what you say, I gather that your partner is not very supportive either, when they should be the one to support you at difficult times like these. If it would help to chat to someone, I am here (even though you don't know me), but sometimes just sharing your troubles with a stranger can help a bit. I'll probably be online for at least an hour if you do. In any case, please take care of yourself, and hopefully tomorrow will turn out to be a better day for you.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Rotting roof and floor and what not. Is the house safe to be in? Sounds like it should be condemned. What is wrong in the bathroom?

• Thinking
Reactions: KBoy and Woncrinklz
BigAl1 said:
Rotting roof and floor and what not. Is the house safe to be in? Sounds like it should be condemned. What is wrong in the bathroom?
The floors rotten in the bathroom and the toilet keeps sinking. I don’t think it’s safe to be in but the council won’t condemn it I guess

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: KBoy, Woncrinklz and BigAl2
If you lived near me, I'd fix your problem faster than you could imagine since I work in the care field.

Reactions: KBoy and BigAl2
babyraggydolls said:
The floors rotten in the bathroom and the toilet keeps sinking. I don’t think it’s safe to be in but the council won’t condemn it I guess
That's awful babyraggydolls! I assume you are in the UK ... if that is so, and the Council aren't taking any notice of you, you could try a letter to your MP - write to them at 'The House of Commons, London, SW1A 1AA - explaining exactly what the problems are, and how many times you have asked the Council for help. In my experience this has always some effect - particularly when a general election is expected before too very long!

Woncrinklz said:
If you lived near me, I'd fix your problem faster than you could imagine since I work in the care field.
I need to figure out how to fix it. i think it’s just standard wood board that was used I think in in January I’m going to have to rent a outside toilet, turn the water off, remove the toilet pan, the shower slab and either replace the wood with marine board, or get standard board and treat it to waterproof it or use cement instead, what happens is the floor sinks where the woods sagging and it pulls on the toilet, pushing it downwards, pulling the pipe out which then floods the floor after you flush. I might drill a small hole to put a camera down to see what’s under the flooring. Im not sure how to remove a toilet or how to remove the shower slab, it’s like one large stone slab they installed. Ideally I want to turn it in a wet room but there it just the one shower drain.

ianwee said:
That's awful babyraggydolls! I assume you are in the UK ... if that is so, and the Council aren't taking any notice of you, you could try a letter to your MP - write to them at 'The House of Commons, London, SW1A 1AA - explaining exactly what the problems are, and how many times you have asked the Council for help. In my experience this has always some effect - particularly when a general election is expected before too very long!
I wrote to the counsellor and it got me one visit but it achieved nothing. The council says technically I’m homeless and social services tell me to make myself homeless however since I’m autistic and disabled I’ll lose my support if they put me in to a b&b I’ve been told that they can move me to anywhere in the uk and my carer is in Scotland. I can’t fill the paper work out to apply for housing because the website won’t work properly and I find their questions difficult to understand, social services were going to help me fill out the paper work but never did but I might try writing to my mp if need be. I’ve written to them before for help with other issues and they where friendly and approachable

• Thinking
babyraggydolls said:
I need to figure out how to fix it. i think it’s just standard wood board that was used I think in in January I’m going to have to rent a outside toilet, turn the water off, remove the toilet pan, the shower slab and either replace the wood with marine board, or get standard board and treat it to waterproof it or use cement instead, what happens is the floor sinks where the woods sagging and it pulls on the toilet, pushing it downwards, pulling the pipe out which then floods the floor after you flush. I might drill a small hole to put a camera down to see what’s under the flooring. Im not sure how to remove a toilet or how to remove the shower slab, it’s like one large stone slab they installed. Ideally I want to turn it in a wet room but there it just the one shower drain.
I think maybe you need to get some professional advice about this! It may be that the beams supporting the wooden floor are rotten too, and that's why the floor is sagging. Whatever the problem is you might need a plumber to stop the toilet leaking, as that's a bit of a health hazard too. If you are going to have the bathroom turned into a wet room, you will certainly need to have the floor fixed properly before any other work is done. I guess this will be very stressful for you, particularly around the Christmas/New year time, and I have every sympathy for you having to live in those conditions. I hope you are able to get things fixed pretty quickly.

babyraggydolls said:
I wrote to the counsellor and it got me one visit but it achieved nothing. The council says technically I’m homeless and social services tell me to make myself homeless however since I’m autistic and disabled I’ll lose my support if they put me in to a b&b I’ve been told that they can move me to anywhere in the uk and my carer is in Scotland. I can’t fill the paper work out to apply for housing because the website won’t work properly and I find their questions difficult to understand, social services were going to help me fill out the paper work but never did but I might try writing to my mp if need be. I’ve written to them before for help with other issues and they where friendly and approachable
I was just following you both's correspondences:
@ babyraggydolls Why not consider writing the hard questions out here, and we'll all try to help you fill out the hard stuff? I'm sure someone here is familiar with UK protocol, and can DM or PM (direct or personal message you) to help you. After all, this is a support community.:giggle:

babyraggydolls said:
I sure would like to see the situation. I love fixing things. It's kinda an obsession with me.

Reactions: babyraggydolls
Woncrinklz said:
I sure would like to see the situation. I love fixing things. It's kinda an obsession with me.
I’m not sure where to start, I don’t know what’s under the floor just that it’s wooden board that’s soaking wet so it’s sagged badly and the toilet and shower has gone downwards because of the wet wood sagging. I will try and get some photos soon, the toilet and the shower slab (its stone or resin the shower slab) is all somehow attached to the wood, I think the toilet is bolted down somehow to the wooden floor.

I somehow need to either replace the wood, treat it with wood treatment to reinforce it, or put cement down, it’s a ground floor toilet as this place is a bungalow.

Go on YouTube for advice, if you still have repair questions, well there is always me, and others, the incontinent thread is crawling with people who just love to fix stuff and when they are not doing that all that they want to do is talk about it lol
Seriously, my wife is very sick, I am unapologetically unemployed and I live in a shack on Red Dog Drive, TV's broken and it's gonna cost me money to get rid of it. I feel you're pain. Good luck, go slow and play it (especially repairs) SAFE 😺

Back