Favorite Vintage Pampers?

BabyTweetyBird said:
I suppose you're also a fond of candy orange Pamper Super fanfolds.

View attachment 66004
Funny thing, growing up in Colorado I have no recollection of ever wearing or buying or playing with Pampers from an orange box. All of my early baby memories start with the green box (extra absorbent daytime), move to the blue box (the overnights), and then eventually move on to the purple box (toddler). Even now as an adult who collects vintage diapers, I have no information on the candy orange. I believe they might be the European Pampers line, no? The North American Pampers diapers (to include Canada of course) don't usually show their baby weights in kg, but the European Pampers do (see my pix below)

I understand these candy orange ones were fanfold, right? The box show they were for 4-10kg (9-22 lbs), with Super on the box indicating "medium wetters," which means they basically match the blue overnight size for 11-23 lbs from North America Pampers line. Did the orange box diapers have the rubberized plastic (i.e., the diamond embossing)? Did they perhaps feature with leg gathers? I would sure love to see what one of these looks like.

I know that Pampers went on to make some fanfold versions with leg gathers where they dropped the rubberized plastic diamond embossing in favor of smooth plastic. These were toddler sized (see last photo here) and were definitely sold in North America. I soundly rejected (and still do reject) those vintage fanfold diapers because of the lack of rubberized diamond embossed plastic. Maybe these "Super" size (4-10kg) candy orange ones were those from Europe? If so, did they feature smooth plastic with leg gathers? Anyone have any pics of these diaper samples? I will share what I have below but all of my images are of sealed boxes:

1pampersorange.jpg2pampersorange.jpg4pampersorange.jpg6pampersorange.jpg14pampersorange.jpg35pampersorange.jpg37pampersorange.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mbta12, Cavvet8993, WillFord384 and 1 other person
Oh, forgot to add one more pic of an orange North American box where Pampers line featured Double Elastics. These were fanfold, super thick, and were for 19-35 pound babies, but sadly no rubberized diamond embossed plastic (if memory serves):

33pampersorange.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and WillFord384
70sPampers said:
Oh, forgot to add one more pic of an orange North American box where Pampers line featured Double Elastics. These were fanfold, super thick, and were for 19-35 pound babies, but sadly no rubberized diamond embossed plastic (if memory serves):

View attachment 66054
Here's the European version of the double elastic Pampers, hope you'll be happy.

s-l300.jpg

BabyTweetyBird said:
Here's the European version of the double elastic Pampers, hope you'll be happy.

View attachment 66060
Thanks for the pic. I suppose I could be happy with a box of these. I can overlook the unwanted elastic leg gathers so long as they featured the rubberized diamond embossing. The diamond embossing is a non-negotiable feature for me. I just gotta have the rubberized diamond embossing or else I aint buyin' those sposies! (LOL) I don't want to spend goo-gobs of money on a box on eBay if the plastic is smooth and featureless! I can be quite the bratty little babyboy when I want to...

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
Thanks for the pic. I suppose I could be happy with a box of these. I can overlook the unwanted elastic leg gathers so long as they featured the rubberized diamond embossing. The diamond embossing is a non-negotiable feature for me. I just gotta have the rubberized diamond embossing or else I aint buyin' those sposies! (LOL) I don't want to spend goo-gobs of money on a box on eBay if the plastic is smooth and featureless! I can be quite the bratty little babyboy when I want to...
@BobbiSueEllen got rid of the elastic gathers while making a fanfold sposie large enough to fit her bum.

I was never a Pampers kid, my folks always put me in Huggies. That being said though, the few Pampers styles that stand out to me are the early 90’s Baby Drys, when they first introduced Size 6, the mid 2000s Cruisers, when they first introduced Size 7, and the early Easy Ups and Feel N Learn pants, specifically the ones with Go Diego Go and Spider-Man on them.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Have you ever did a trip in Greece? There were Greek companies who make excellent fanfold sposies with all the good stuff you'd expect from an original Pampers, including the loud, crinkly textured plastic - except for the Baby Fresh scent.

Not sure if you wore these three oldies:

s-l1600-1~40.jpg
s-l1600-1~34.jpg

s-l1600~9.jpg
By the way BTB, I know that some of the Babylino diapers came with the rubberized diamond embossed plastic. Did these in the last bag in your 3 photos, the darker yellow, have that kind of plastic? I want to know before I ever consider buying them from eBay.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Even Bobbi Sue's favourite Pampers orange cardboxes are now allowed for sale since eBay has revised its price-gouging policy!

This box is plenty of elasticized fanfold sposies - ideal for changing a cabbage kid baby doll
🥰

View attachment 58584View attachment 58585View attachment 58587
Can any one on this forum tell me if these fanfold Pampers in the candy orange box have diamond embossed plastic? I cannot tell from the photos.

70sPampers said:
By the way BTB, I know that some of the Babylino diapers came with the rubberized diamond embossed plastic. Did these in the last bag in your 3 photos, the darker yellow, have that kind of plastic? I want to know before I ever consider buying them from eBay.
All 1st and 2nd generation Babylino fanfolds had rubberized plastics. The 3rd and last generation does have plain smooth plastic, elastic leg gathers and resealable tabs.

The whole range is scentless though it's possible to add a scent strip to make them scented.

70sPampers said:
Can any one on this forum tell me if these fanfold Pampers in the candy orange box have diamond embossed plastic? I cannot tell from the photos.
The European double elasticized Pampers Super fanfolds featured that rubberized plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
70sPampers said:
Funny thing, growing up in Colorado I have no recollection of ever wearing or buying or playing with Pampers from an orange box. All of my early baby memories start with the green box (extra absorbent daytime), move to the blue box (the overnights), and then eventually move on to the purple box (toddler). Even now as an adult who collects vintage diapers, I have no information on the candy orange. I believe they might be the European Pampers line, no? The North American Pampers diapers (to include Canada of course) don't usually show their baby weights in kg, but the European Pampers do (see my pix below)

I understand these candy orange ones were fanfold, right? The box show they were for 4-10kg (9-22 lbs), with Super on the box indicating "medium wetters," which means they basically match the blue overnight size for 11-23 lbs from North America Pampers line. Did the orange box diapers have the rubberized plastic (i.e., the diamond embossing)? Did they perhaps feature with leg gathers? I would sure love to see what one of these looks like.

I know that Pampers went on to make some fanfold versions with leg gathers where they dropped the rubberized plastic diamond embossing in favor of smooth plastic. These were toddler sized (see last photo here) and were definitely sold in North America. I soundly rejected (and still do reject) those vintage fanfold diapers because of the lack of rubberized diamond embossed plastic. Maybe these "Super" size (4-10kg) candy orange ones were those from Europe? If so, did they feature smooth plastic with leg gathers? Anyone have any pics of these diaper samples? I will share what I have below but all of my images are of sealed boxes:

View attachment 66045View attachment 66046View attachment 66047View attachment 66048View attachment 66049View attachment 66050View attachment 66051

The European Pampers boxes are slightly different than their US cousins.

Orange wasn't a colour option in North America until the early 1980s.

winterheart01 said:
I never knew the fanfold ones, but i so love the thick plastic ones from the 80's like those huggies, I only wore the pampers ultra or something like that in 1984 - 1987 but those were heaven for me

Ultra Pampers were introduced in the mid-1980s, marking the end of the fanfold pleated design first launched in 1961.

My favourite is my profile picture. The store we shopped at usually were sold out of boys so I always wore girls pampers stretch ultra. Goodnites weren’t out yet so I wore diapers. Even as a kid 7 and on i wore diapers whenever I could. Couldn’t fall asleep without one on. Best sleep is to have a nice pee before bed and crawl into bed in a warm diaper and fall asleep.

• Love
Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx
Albertapampers said:
My favourite is my profile picture. The store we shopped at usually were sold out of boys so I always wore girls pampers stretch ultra. Goodnites weren’t out yet so I wore diapers. Even as a kid 7 and on i wore diapers whenever I could. Couldn’t fall asleep without one on. Best sleep is to have a nice pee before bed and crawl into bed in a warm diaper and fall asleep.

Your profile picture reminds me an old ad from 1995 which aired throughout many TV stations across the EU.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: WillFord384 and xxPampersBoyxx
BabyTweetyBird said:
Your profile picture reminds me an old ad from 1995 which aired throughout many TV stations across the EU.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That’s awesome yep wore those too. Thins, stretch, baby dry I fit the pink ultra pampers even in my teens.

Albertapampers said:
That’s awesome yep wore those too. Thins, stretch, baby dry I fit the pink ultra pampers even in my teens.

In 1996 Pampers Stretch Ultra Thins were renamed Pampers Premiums before went unisex with a cloth-like woven nylon backing. Packaging became purple during the 1st half of 1997.

70sPampers said:

View attachment 66045View attachment 66046View attachment 66047View attachment 66048View attachment 66049View attachment 66050View attachment 66051

Attachments

• b707147e4ea2cc8cb8c2faaeee5d2c36.jpg
    b707147e4ea2cc8cb8c2faaeee5d2c36.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 9
These were made for the European countries back in the day. They were actually bigger. I remember when I was about 5 years old and they had Pampers for bigger kids who still wet the bed or wasn't potty trained yet. I had a weak and underdeveloped bladder and had no choice but to wear Pampers till age 7. If I'm not mistaking the Pampers I wore were in a green box and they were for the USA. And they're extremely rare to find and buy.

Reactions: Pampers4Ever and Deleted member 56273
Cavvet8993 said:
These were made for the European countries back in the day. They were actually bigger. I remember when I was about 5 years old and they had Pampers for bigger kids who still wet the bed or wasn't potty trained yet. I had a weak and underdeveloped bladder and had no choice but to wear Pampers till age 7. If I'm not mistaking the Pampers I wore were in a green box and they were for the USA. And they're extremely rare to find and buy.
Hmmm... that's interesting also. Yes, the green was always special because they didn't seem to stock it in every supermarket for some reason. Even today as an adult, it is my second favorite Pampers size right behind the purple box toddlers.

I was not referring to a green and gold box when I mentioned wearing the green ones as a baby. Here are the green boxed Pampers that I wore way back then:

Pampers Green1.jpgPampers Green2.jpgPampers Green13.jpgPampers Green19.jpgPampers Green25.jpgPampers Green100.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, Cavvet8993 and WillFord384
70sPampers said:
Hmmm... that's interesting also. Yes, the green was always special because they didn't seem to stock it in every supermarket for some reason. Even today as an adult, it is my second favorite Pampers size right behind the purple box toddlers.

I was not referring to a green and gold box when I mentioned wearing the green ones as a baby. Here are the green boxed Pampers that I wore way back then:

View attachment 66650View attachment 66651View attachment 66652View attachment 66653View attachment 66654View attachment 66655
Yeah I remember when they had Pampers for daytime and Pampers for bedtime. My was happy when they came out with Pampers toddler day and night diapers. And when I was about 6 years old my mom told me she started using Pampers on me and they still used diaper pins back then.

Back