Status
Not open for further replies.

babysophieuk

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
What's people's favorite size and shape of Dummy? I love the clear silicone teat with reinforced sides, but would like a bigger teat. Anyone have the pacifier addicts FIXX dummy?

I've always wanted a dummy with larger shield and teat that will fill my mouth nicely and not fall out at night, so I ordered a firm size 12 Mega Fixx last month. That paci is huge!

It's been a while since I last slept all night with a pacifier, when I only had the smaller NUK 6 ones. The problem isn't so much the risk of it falling out (which hasn't happened), but my anxiety that it could happen takes away from the pleasurable effect that Id' otherwise feel from sucking on a dummy. With the Mega Fixx I don't have to worry about that, but as I'm not quite used to how wide it keeps the mouth open I decided to try the size 10 Fixx. When Pacidier Addict had their recent sale I couldn't resist, and I orered two of them (surprisingly delivered within five days from Canada to the UK!). These are definitely more comfortable for me, and will be my go-to choice for the foreseeable future, both fot the daytime and at night - at least until I get used to wearing a dummy for longer periods of time.

The shield isn't perfect. I'd like it to be more rounded at the sides, so that it follows the contours of the face better instead of leaving a large gap between the shield and the skin. I think I read somewhere about someone applying a heat gun to the shield of theirs to rectify the problem. I'd also like to see a shield where the top part extends further away from the teat than with the current Fixx shield. One thing I always disliked about smaller shields is that the top part only just covers the lips instead of reaching (almost) up to the nose. The current shield doesn't really change that to a large degree. In contrast, I can see how the bottom part of the shield might extend a bit too far downward for some people. it just about works for me, but anyone with a smaller face might find the bottom edge digging into the chin. This could easily be solved by moving the teat (and button at the front) down by about 4-5mm without disturbing the general aesthetics. I'm not sure though if anyone from Rearz reads these threads to take suggestions on board ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back