Pottypants Bratty Princess Extraordinaire
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Exactly what the title says on the tin. What's everyone's favorite time period/range for fashion? Mine is the 1780s all the way to the end of the 1910s.

Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan and Hoksiyopa

Reactions: Angelapinks
Victorian era up to 1940's

1990s of course 4001067f4d1e050f86758b3a14c8641a.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 62334, KittyninjaW, NaughtyBoiNathan and 3 others
Early 1900's to1930's nice clothing era

I've never really considered this question; but, my quick response would ne the 1940s and 1950s. The reason I might choose that time frame is the fact in those days almost all women wore dresses and skirts most of the time. Yes, I well recall my own mother doing housework while wearing dresses or skirts & blouses. Think Loretta Young (if you can remember her). A woman was always beautiful in a dress. She was feminine and not a tomboy in jeans and a shirt. In those days dresses and skirts were generally knee length or slightly longer. Where I grew up, girls had to wear them to school. Boys had to wear slacks - no jeans. I can well recall sitting in class waiting for certain girls to hike their skirts/dresses up slightly to cross their legs and hoping to get a "panty shot" when they did.

Here's Loretta Young for those not familiar with my reference.

loretta young. 001.jpg

Reactions: RuffRuff and Seasonedcitizen
I've thought about this rather too hard and, in response, have no good answer!

I can only narrow it down to saying that the democratisation of fashion over the last 100-150 years has been a good thing.

I will admit to having a slight preference for the 50s. If not ordered to wear a sissy maid outfit then you can't beat a pretty gingham dress when doing mistress' domestic chores. (I've also got a few with polka dots too, just for variety.)

Screenshot 2022-10-08 162536.png

Reactions: stuckin60s, NannaAnnabelle, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Always liked Wild West style Dresses & Victorian Gowns, but never tried one

Probably all of the 1800s, and 1940s, I absolutely love these periods.

1980's/90's goth. ☺️😁

Love the 1960s look when tights first became fashionable, allowing skirts to be reduced to miniskirt length, so you could see even more of the tights (the sight of a control top on sheer tights is a marvellous thing). And also the rock chick look, which probably dates from the early 1980s and then has remained pretty constant since, I'm thinking Cher in the Dead Ringer For Love video and some of the Bangles' stage outfits in the 80s.

Definitely the 1950s. I love the styles and how women would be dressed up even at home. I dream about being a housewife and submitting to my husband. If I could go back in time and experience it hunny I would in a heartbeat. I have bought some vintage clothes and lingerie from that time. They look fabulous and fit perfectly. I also love vintage ads and womens magazines from then.

Reactions: RuffRuff and Seasonedcitizen
While I really love Victorian and Edwardian gowns and dresses I think I'd go insane if I had to wear them everyday, It's blistering hot here half of the year and the thought of wrapping myself up in heavy natural fibers head to toe every day is unappealing to say the least. Beautiful hairstyles and hats for women from these eras though!

My sweet spot would have to be early to mid 60s women's fashion. Cooler blended fabrics that were still pretty fashionable. The era of pantyhose and support foundations that were not simply reemployments of athletic wear. Pants became an option yet still maintained a distinctive feminine look.

Some honorable mentions to some styles from the 70s to 80s, especially the "librarian" look from the early 80s.

Reactions: Diapersntights and Seasonedcitizen
50's and 90s (when I was born) here 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
1960s and 1970s. But in the '80s, I wore real parachute pants (no, not that MC Hammer/Sinbad tripe...I owned 4) with color-matching zippers, Izod polos and a Members Only windbreaker (I owned 5!). And high-top shoes, too. 🥳

SPGREY_Side_SPF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
50's with petticoats! Maybe like this: (sorry. whoever I stole this from!)

Attachments

• 445885a1f96a7d9868da280a2a112129 (1).jpg
    445885a1f96a7d9868da280a2a112129 (1).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Love
Reactions: BabyprinceS, sissybaby34 and BobbiSueEllen
1950-1960s is a favorite of mine! Most of my vintage collection is from then.

• Love
Reactions: stuckin60s, Seasonedcitizen, NannaAnnabelle and 1 other person
lilbabyjooce said:
1950-1960s is a favorite of mine! Most of my vintage collection is from then.
I know, right? All those adorably-dressed girls on Leave It to Beaver, Family Affair, so on? Girls dressed like that when I was in kindergarten and first grade...it was heaven, especially when a girl in Buffy pigtails and a cute dress gave me a kiss on the cheek...then hugged me. I loved her pigtail in my face. What a time... 🥴🤗🥰🥳

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and NannaAnnabelle
Back