Fascination with safety and adult car seat?

Bigbabybret said:
yes i get the macho side of things, but this has gotta at some point change, not for you specifically, just in general.

Why is it macho or being a man require people to ignore things of safety, why does being unsafe equal manly.

I know it does, i just dont know why it's that way.

Basically, people think they are less manly if they wear a life jacket on the water, or if they wear a harness when working on a roof of a house or climbing.
It's better than is used to be, was considered manly to no wear a seatbelt.

Why is it not manly to do things that might help you stay alive?

What to you makes you less manly if you were to use a carseat that is your size and fit you being more comfortable and maybe safer?
I use a harness in my van when riding in the van now that i found one that works good, with the physical things aside, I can and have passed out in the van whilst riding, i'd have fallen forward at least or even to the side without the harness. I know that the PCA was glad I was not fallen over and said it worked just fine kept me sitting upright just fine, and after a couple mins i was awake again and we continued on the trip. I dont consider is not manlu or not adult, in fact it's adult to do what is needed to be as safe as possible.
Oh no, I must have put that poorly. Let me rephrase.

I would feel embarrassed to bring my interests in these things to the attention of anyone I know personally, because I'm not just interested in the safety they innately provide. I'm interested in the juvenile security these sorts of things bring me. All of the items I mentioned here I used at a very young age (I started climbing when I was around 6 years old) and I think the good memories around the times I used them (for their intended purposes) has made me long for the feelings of wearing and using such safety gear.

I'm not talking about wearing a life jacket when kayaking or something like that. I used to be a lifeguard, I'm aware of how important that is. I'm talking about wearing a life jacket with a crotch strap as I walk around the house or more likely as I sleep, because I get a warm bubbly feeling inside when I wear one and I enjoy it. That's the emasculating part.

I'd never slack off on safety equipment to avoid being emasculated, because it's not emasculating to be alive and healthy. I'd just get the anxiety around bringing up that I don't always feel safe at home and I want to have these items on me to help with that. That one is a bit more embarrassing for me, a 6'2 man, to admit that he feels unsafe most of the time.

gterriley said:
Believe me it was terrifying asking my sister. The only reason I rationalized it was because we both had to ride in carseats for an abnormally long time growing up and she actually liked hers
Maybe she'll end up wanting a ride in it too 😃😄

Reactions: gterriley
gterriley said:
Believe me it was terrifying asking my sister. The only reason I rationalized it was because we both had to ride in carseats for an abnormally long time growing up and she actually liked hers
I think its really cute plus admirable that you actually asked her.

Fusion10 said:
Maybe she'll end up wanting a ride in it too 😃😄
I doubt it, but she did really like using her regent growing up so it’s a possibility lol

Reactions: Fusion10
gterriley said:
I doubt it, but she did really like using her regent growing up so it’s a possibility lol
Lol. I'm jealous of you guys that you got to use those seats for so long 😄

FatalGeometry said:
Oh no, I must have put that poorly. Let me rephrase.

I would feel embarrassed to bring my interests in these things to the attention of anyone I know personally, because I'm not just interested in the safety they innately provide. I'm interested in the juvenile security these sorts of things bring me. All of the items I mentioned here I used at a very young age (I started climbing when I was around 6 years old) and I think the good memories around the times I used them (for their intended purposes) has made me long for the feelings of wearing and using such safety gear.

I'm not talking about wearing a life jacket when kayaking or something like that. I used to be a lifeguard, I'm aware of how important that is. I'm talking about wearing a life jacket with a crotch strap as I walk around the house or more likely as I sleep, because I get a warm bubbly feeling inside when I wear one and I enjoy it. That's the emasculating part.

I'd never slack off on safety equipment to avoid being emasculated, because it's not emasculating to be alive and healthy. I'd just get the anxiety around bringing up that I don't always feel safe at home and I want to have these items on me to help with that. That one is a bit more embarrassing for me, a 6'2 man, to admit that he feels unsafe most of the time.
Ok that is good you dont skip safety.

Yeah as for bringing your intrests to your friends, i get that your associating it with being a kid, see i'm not really an AB, never got into that mindset so TBH i have an issue relating to it, not that there is anything wrong with it, i just dont really get it myself, albeit trying to.

as for a car seat, you could use one if you want to, just say its to make you feel safe and that it is also got better back support and alike. You can leave out the making the association to a kid.

As it would be then you could ride in a seat if you fit/can etc, just an idea.

I'm glad you dont skimp on things like a lifejacket when on the water, i mean i know people that waterski without a lifejacket which is themm being "Macho" which is just being silly!!!

I get the lifejacket with crotch straps for feeling, it has compression and it's warm and supportive and also brings in some memories as well, and that isnt something you would bring a friend into, maybe a SO but not a friend.

I vaguely remember having a 5-point harness seat with a metal frame and plastic shell with padding. Then around the millennium when I was 5 my dad took me to Halfords to buy me this backless booster seat.
Booster Front.png
Booster Side.png
I used to love sitting on it and being able to look out of the window. Because I was on the small side when I was younger I kept my booster for years after most other kids, I would always insist the seat belt didn’t fit correctly and I couldn’t see out of the window properly without it. It was either just before or just after my 14th birthday when my parent finally took it away, I should add my dad pulled the seat cover off and threw that away when I was about 8 so I didn’t have the cute animal print in the later years.

I always liked the feeling of being higher and the feeling of the smooth hard plastic and little arm rests resisting and hugging my butt. It always made me feel safe and secure, and when I was older I liked the thought of “needing” car seat to keep me safe.

I also love the feeling of wearing and floating in armbands and life jackets, again they give a feeling of restriction but also comfort and safety. I’ve always been terrible at swimming, I was always a bit scared of the water when I was younger, it took me until double digits to learn something that vaguely resembles swimming. I used to love wearing my armbands as a kid, they made me feel safe and gave me lots of confidence. But much to my annoyance my dad was always taking them off, leading to me having to mope around in the shallows.

Reactions: eu38foot and gterriley
I rode in a car Saturday night and there was a life jacket in the back seat for some reason. I put it on and wore it all evening. It had no crotch straps though.

Attachments

• jacket.jpg
    jacket.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 17
gterriley said:
That's so awesome! I'm sure on some level, she understands why you might wanna go for a ride in one again if she liked hers. Car seats are so awesome, you're so fortunate to get that experience once again!

Dexter1 said:
I vaguely remember having a 5-point harness seat with a metal frame and plastic shell with padding. Then around the millennium when I was 5 my dad took me to Halfords to buy me this backless booster seat.
View attachment 130161
View attachment 130162
I used to love sitting on it and being able to look out of the window. Because I was on the small side when I was younger I kept my booster for years after most other kids, I would always insist the seat belt didn’t fit correctly and I couldn’t see out of the window properly without it. It was either just before or just after my 14th birthday when my parent finally took it away, I should add my dad pulled the seat cover off and threw that away when I was about 8 so I didn’t have the cute animal print in the later years.

I always liked the feeling of being higher and the feeling of the smooth hard plastic and little arm rests resisting and hugging my butt. It always made me feel safe and secure, and when I was older I liked the thought of “needing” car seat to keep me safe.

I also love the feeling of wearing and floating in armbands and life jackets, again they give a feeling of restriction but also comfort and safety. I’ve always been terrible at swimming, I was always a bit scared of the water when I was younger, it took me until double digits to learn something that vaguely resembles swimming. I used to love wearing my armbands as a kid, they made me feel safe and gave me lots of confidence. But much to my annoyance my dad was always taking them off, leading to me having to mope around in the shallows.
The feeling of restriction but safety is exactly the feeling I love, like being held in a tight hug

Chimera said:
That's so awesome! I'm sure on some level, she understands why you might wanna go for a ride in one again if she liked hers. Car seats are so awesome, you're so fortunate to get that experience once again!
I’m so happy I ended up caving and getting it! If self driving cars ever end up becoming the norm I would use it every day

gterriley said:
I’m so happy I ended up caving and getting it! If self driving cars ever end up becoming the norm I would use it every day
Wow, didnt think of that one, yes self driving cars are going to be more and more the norm as things go on, even if they are not perfect they will be way better than the current wheel actuator we are currently.
Most the accidents are from wheel actuator error, and if you take the meat bag and put them in thier car seat and dont let them drive the car that would be the best option without too much more advancement.

You get in the car, the car verifies your in your car seat, befor it will drive, and you will stay in it till the car stops. Sorta like getting on a roller coaster, you on till the ride is over. :)

gterriley said:
Hello everyone. I posted this on the introduction forum but was told I’d get better responses here, so here I am :) I was reluctant to make an account on here because I don’t think what would typically qualify as an AB, I’m not into diapers or acting like a baby (no disrespect to anyone who does these things!) but I’ve developed a fascination at this point of my life and I don’t know what to make of it.

I’m 26 F and for most of my life grew up in a VERY protective family (I had to ride in a car seat using a harness until I was 11, had helicopter parents, curfews etc). When I was young I hated this, and I wanted to be less “safeguarded”. Recently, as I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed it’s become the complete opposite, I love everything that’s “safe”.

For example, most people don’t like wearing life jackets. I got a jetski last year and I love wearing my life jacket. I got a really nice one with a little collar on it and a strap that goes between my legs and I feel so secure in it when I’m in the water floating around. I always sleep with a weighted blanket because it’s comforting to me. It’s not necessarily a “safe thing” but I got a fleece onesie from onepiece for my birthday and it’s the coziest thing in the world, I wear it whenever I’m bumming it around the house on Sunday. It’s funny but the one thing I want the most right now is to ride in a car seat again. A few years ago while I was in college I was at a friend’s house getting ready to go out and the friend’s mom drove us to the bar. They babysit a kid with special needs and her mom forgot to take the car seat out of the car so one of my friends hopped in it as a joke and rode to the bar strapped in. We were all laughing at the time but it looked so cute and safe! Ever since then I’ve wanted to feel what it’s like to ride in a car seat again because there are special needs car seats that are in my height and weight range that I can legally ride in. I’m too embarrassed to tell anybody I know about this and want to know if anyone else has developed a gravitation toward safety like this.
Yes, the idea of a life jacket (preferably made of orange plastic) and special belts with a strap in the crotch and a strap belt over the shoulders in the car seat would also be wonderful for me.

A real harnessed carseat is about my primary fantasy, but i'm 188cm (6ft2in) and 165pounds, born '99, living in Germany. So no Roosevelts.
I was always tall and being a single child with parents divorced, i can only remember me sitting in the front seat. But i also remember my harness-addiction starting early.
At ~11 i was jealous at my cousins riding in their seats at 3&4 but being the "big cousin" overweighted the feeling at that time.
Once i sat in a stroller (18-party house, joyned shed for bikes and other stuff) at 13 and actually got the thing closed but all I felt was pain from the straps digging in.

Actually there are special needs seats here that would fit me but none are available used, new prices are 3500€+.
Alternatives for bigger people can be just harnesses or vests without the shell arund it.
Here in Germany the only available is Thomahilfen Octopus.
But around the world are some more options like Careva Harness, Crelling Harnesses, and my favorite because of the infantilist look (imo) the EZ-On Vests.
I will surely get an Octopus is some month, when my bank account allows it.

Im also quite wondering if i could unbuckle the buckle quard, if the seat would fit my size. Ive got quite long arms and fingers.

Reactions: bbxeno
gterriley said:
Yes, I have both. The buckle guard is basically a plastic cover for the crotch strap release that prevents the passenger from being able to push the button. The two ways to release it are to either put a key through a hole on the front or to put a thumb underneath from the other side. If the harness is snug like it should be, it’s impossible to reach around to undo it because the shoulder straps prevent leaning to the side. I’m the correct size for the seat so a bigger person with longer arms might be able to release it by themselves, but I can not. Believe me I tried lol it’s impossible.
Do you like having the buckle and chest clip guard on your harness, given that you can't get out of it?

Fusion10 said:
Do you like having the buckle and chest clip guard on your harness, given that you can't get out of it?
Yes, it makes it feel more like a situation where I need to be in the seat for my safety. And it actually does make it feel a little more restrictive and safer being that it’s not going to come undone.

gterriley said:
Yes, it makes it feel more like a situation where I need to be in the seat for my safety. And it actually does make it feel a little more restrictive and safer being that it’s not going to come undone.
Just have a seatbelt cutter handy.

Not likely going to tempt you to "get out" as the prie by cutting the seatbelts will make it a last resort. Sorta like a last resort just in case there is a real emergency for any reason.

But, I see the like of relinquishing control, i have done some bondage stuff with my ex over the years and it's an experiance and rather intense as well. I know that it's not the same, but i think a lot of people can understand the like/want to not be in control, wether for strictly bondage, sex, AB, etc brings a new and/or higher level to the play.

I can see that by being in a seat and someone else in charge of that would make you feel less "In charge" and/or more little as IRL when we all were children we didnt have the choice per se on things, and the older people here will attest that the farther back you go the less "rights" children had. That said I remember when i was a child and the total lack of ability to assert any real control over things, obviouslt as i was older that slowly changed. Myself i really didnt have that much fun as a child and TBH by standards of today would be looked at as neglect. But back in the 70's kids were still meant to just do what they were told and to be quiet and not be seen or heard for the most part.

For anyone that can get some fun/nestiglia/experiance they are looking for in the AB space, i say do all you can do, life is short and do everything you can to experiance everything you want to as soon as you can.

Back on topic, I'm happy there are a group here that can get some good out of a simple device and by all means do so.

Bigbabybret said:
Just have a seatbelt cutter handy.

Not likely going to tempt you to "get out" as the prie by cutting the seatbelts will make it a last resort. Sorta like a last resort just in case there is a real emergency for any reason.

But, I see the like of relinquishing control, i have done some bondage stuff with my ex over the years and it's an experiance and rather intense as well. I know that it's not the same, but i think a lot of people can understand the like/want to not be in control, wether for strictly bondage, sex, AB, etc brings a new and/or higher level to the play.

I can see that by being in a seat and someone else in charge of that would make you feel less "In charge" and/or more little as IRL when we all were children we didnt have the choice per se on things, and the older people here will attest that the farther back you go the less "rights" children had. That said I remember when i was a child and the total lack of ability to assert any real control over things, obviouslt as i was older that slowly changed. Myself i really didnt have that much fun as a child and TBH by standards of today would be looked at as neglect. But back in the 70's kids were still meant to just do what they were told and to be quiet and not be seen or heard for the most part.

For anyone that can get some fun/nestiglia/experiance they are looking for in the AB space, i say do all you can do, life is short and do everything you can to experiance everything you want to as soon as you can.

Back on topic, I'm happy there are a group here that can get some good out of a simple device and by all means do so.
Yes, I ordered a seatbelt cutter just in case :) and I’m not sure if I’d say bondage is my vision here moreso just being secure and contained. As a kid I could release myself if I wanted to I just obviously wasn’t allowed. There’s not really an authority figure now to “make me stay in my seat” (not that I would unbuckle) but being locked in kind of takes that idea away which would make me feel more in the element

Reactions: Bigbabybret
gterriley said:
Yes, I ordered a seatbelt cutter just in case :) and I’m not sure if I’d say bondage is my vision here moreso just being secure and contained. As a kid I could release myself if I wanted to I just obviously wasn’t allowed. There’s not really an authority figure now to “make me stay in my seat” (not that I would unbuckle) but being locked in kind of takes that idea away which would make me feel more in the element
Did you get your sister to drive you around? How did it go. I'm tempted to also ask a friend of mine.

adam said:
I love the crotch straps on the kid life jackets. I think all life-jackets should have them, for safety! I think I recall that the ocean ones they have in your cabin on cruise ships all have them anyway.
Yes absolutely! People say swimming in a lifejacket is hard, but that's just because the life jacket is riding up! A properly fitted lifejacket, snug and with a crotch strap, allows you to fully relax in it. Honestly, knowing that it is there when you need it and that it will save your life should be making it much easier to swim, however people don't wear them properly.

Back