Fascination With Asteroids?

BabyBoy2023

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Who here has interests or fascinations centered around asteroids? Ever since the movie, "Asteroid," was shown on NBC in 1997, these things have been one of my fascinations when dealing with all things space related. Speaking of which, I found this photo on Wikipedia, and it is of the asteroid named Eros after the Greek god of love. I always wondered what is the likelihood of this particular asteroid or any other hitting the earth. Eros is, if I am remembering correctly, about 80 KM wide. It is an oblong object, and I believe it was the subject of the fiction 1997 NBC movie. I wonder what something the size of Eros would do if it hit the earth (God forbid.) In the movie, an airborn laser broke it up and the world was hit with fragments, the biggest of which landed in Dalas, Texas. We don't know what a whole intact asteroid could do on impact, or do we?

Attachments

• 433eros Asteroid.jpg
    433eros Asteroid.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
I am Autistic and my special interest is Astronomy/Cosmology.
On the NASA JPL website I am looking at the asteroid flybys report.
Every day of course.

caitianx said:
I am Autistic and my special interest is Astronomy/Cosmology.
On the NASA JPL website I am looking at the asteroid flybys report.
Every day of course.
Could you give me a link to that report?

I certainly find them interesting. It's amazing to me that the vastness of space is filled with them and that the smallest of particles to larger objects sometimes combine to make entire planets.

Back