Experience with Abri-Flex "Special"

Bobsled

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am interested to learn of anyone's experience with the Abena Abri-Flex "Special" pull up. I have used Abri-Flex "Premium". So I am familiar with those. But I have a particular interest in the "Special" because I have rather skinny legs. Abena says the "Special" fits closer to the body. So for that reason I think they may work better for me than the Premium as far as potential for leaks.

I'd love to try them. But I can't find any way to get sample quantities. And they are not cheap. The minimum package cost is around $35 for 20. If I like them, I wouldn't mind spending the money, since I would not use them every day. But if I try one or two and don't like them - that's an expensive sample. I've tried contacting Abena, but have gotten no response from them yet.

So I would love to hear from someone who has had actual experience with the Abri-Flex Special. I am not looking for other product suggestions ("I haven't tried the Abri-Flex Special, but I do like XXX"). And please don't turn this into a debate on pull ups versus briefs. That's not the point of my question.

Bobsled said:
I am interested to learn of anyone's experience with the Abena Abri-Flex "Special" pull up. I have used Abri-Flex "Premium". So I am familiar with those. But I have a particular interest in the "Special" because I have rather skinny legs. Abena says the "Special" fits closer to the body. So for that reason I think they may work better for me than the Premium as far as potential for leaks.

I'd love to try them. But I can't find any way to get sample quantities. And they are not cheap. The minimum package cost is around $35 for 20. If I like them, I wouldn't mind spending the money, since I would not use them every day. But if I try one or two and don't like them - that's an expensive sample. I've tried contacting Abena, but have gotten no response from them yet.

So I would love to hear from someone who has had actual experience with the Abri-Flex Special. I am not looking for other product suggestions ("I haven't tried the Abri-Flex Special, but I do like XXX"). And please don't turn this into a debate on pull ups versus briefs. That's not the point of my question.

A lot of precision, to have already tested this type of product in "S-M" actually the product is interesting and to a good maintenance, the nonwoven to use is very pleasant, (to have tested it I can you say it's a pants so do not expect an extraordinary absorption. after for the samples, abena does not deal directly with the particular customer, it only do professionals, so if you want samples knowing that it is a little sold product it may be complicated.

trysexiea said:
A lot of precision, to have already tested this type of product in "S-M" actually the product is interesting and to a good maintenance, the nonwoven to use is very pleasant, (to have tested it I can you say it's a pants so do not expect an extraordinary absorption. after for the samples, abena does not deal directly with the particular customer, it only do professionals, so if you want samples knowing that it is a little sold product it may be complicated.
Thank you. I did not expect many responses, since pull ups are not very popular with a lot of people here. And this is specific pull up seems to be a niche product. I did search for older posts about this pull up. But again, there wasn't much discussion.

I guess I'll have to spend some money if I want to try them. I hope I really like them. If not, I hope I find them tolerable enough to use (and not throw them in the trash).

I can actually understand their "marketing spin" on this one. The general cut (leg openings mostly) will have a HUGE impact on how well a diaper or pullup will effectively fit a person's body shape. IF you have a smaller shaped body/legs, then a smaller cut will likely, logically, fit you better. As mentioned, Abena is bad for customer support, BUT if their diaper may fit your needs better then it's also probably best to buy a bag and test them our for real. Of note; a sample or two is ok for general sizing questions, but it really does take a full bag to test them out under enough different scenarios to really understand if they will work or not. So a full bag order isn't really that bad of an option anyways.

Reactions: trysexiea
Slomo said:
Of note; a sample or two is ok for general sizing questions, but it really does take a full bag to test them out under enough different scenarios to really understand if they will work or not. So a full bag order isn't really that bad of an option anyways.
Understood. I am biting the bullet and ordering some. But I wish they had something smaller than a bag of 20. I'm sure I could get a good idea how they work with half that or less. One could easily go broke ordering full bags of product to test.

Back