Exercise and nappy

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I wear bunnyhops and just getting out of bed I waddle and feels like I’m walking like a dinosaur 🦖 my question is how practical is getting exercise (walking) in a nappy?
Would I be better off wearing something now so bulky? I’m just trying to get in shape before it becomes the death of me and I just worry about chaffing and waddling and what impact it would have on my bad knees. I mainly have urinary incontinence which isn’t very heavily leaking at the moment. Any tips for exercise would be cool thank you

Reactions: PaddedRita and Diprs2
If it would impact your knees walk less and do more exercises with your arms.🙂

Reactions: Diprs2 and babyraggydolls
Jorelaxed said:
If it would impact your knees walk less and do more exercises with your arms.🙂
I might do that also, for today I’m gonna try and get out and get some fresh air but I got dumbbells

Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita and Jorelaxed
One of the keys of managing IC properly is having the right product for different occasions. For sure, overnight I need a hight volume diaper which holds all my nighty output and is comfortable - discreetness and look totally unimportant. During the day I wear something more discreet, for sports only a pull-up style which of course doesn't hold much but allows me free movement - so simply adjust your protection to your activities!

Reactions: Eclectic, Constantlydamp, Diprs2 and 2 others
hbic60 said:
One of the keys of managing IC properly is having the right product for different occasions. For sure, overnight I need a hight volume diaper which holds all my nighty output and is comfortable - discreetness and look totally unimportant. During the day I wear something more discreet, for sports only a pull-up style which of course doesn't hold much but allows me free movement - so simply adjust your protection to your activities!
Okay thank you

Swimming is the best exercise if you already have knee issues. Either swimming at the beach or indoor pool.
All you need to do is take a tour of the pool facilities with the staff to make sure you can take a shower before swimming and change discreetly (possibly in the shower cubicle).
By taking a shower first it will take a bit of the chill away from your body when you enter the pool or even beach. Even if you’re leaking a little bit it’ll blend in with you already being wet from the shower.
Choosing the right swimwear is important and I recommend either board shorts or a skirt style bikini that covers your privates a bit. At the beach a wetsuit is normal so that’s an option too.
Good luck!

Reactions: Diprs2 and SalemRose
hbic60 said:
This is the way

IcyBlue said:
Swimming is the best exercise if you already have knee issues. Either swimming at the beach or indoor pool.
All you need to do is take a tour of the pool facilities with the staff to make sure you can take a shower before swimming and change discreetly (possibly in the shower cubicle).
By taking a shower first it will take a bit of the chill away from your body when you enter the pool or even beach. Even if you’re leaking a little bit it’ll blend in with you already being wet from the shower.
Choosing the right swimwear is important and I recommend either board shorts or a skirt style bikini that covers your privates a bit. At the beach a wetsuit is normal so that’s an option too.
Good luck!
I would but 1: out waters are infested with Jelly fish, a teenager decides to go swimming and got stings to 90% of his body and was taken away in an ambulance. The swimming pool I couldn’t really cope with as I can’t swim and I’m not good around people because of social anxiety. All I could do really is walk in a pool or stand. I think I’m going to use bumbells and walk occasionally

Reactions: Diprs2 and IcyBlue
PuffPuffPaci said:
This is the way
I got some Tena to try I should be able to walk around in them just fine if they fit 🫤

I have some pro skin flex from Tena with a waist band which leave the thighs uncovered which is great for physical work, moving about etc. Plan to try them under cycling gear soon.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I use for daytime the Attends Flex. This Flex design works absolutely great for cycling and other activities with uncovered tights, I can confirm!

When we go shoes shoeing I don't really have a special diaper I wear even when we take our daily walks to the park !! I do put and a fresh one before we go . Just use my regular everyday diapers that I wear .

from myself fist i change my diaper then i start make exercises... so the diaper is empty and i'm little less dinosaur

Before being hobbled by my stroke a month ago, I was going to the gym almost every week day to “ work out” in the pool . Due to chronic back pain, getting into the pool gives me great relief ( because of the buoyancy) to do stretching exercises and some swimming with a paddle board. I wear a pull-up to the club and change into a regular ol’ swimsuit right there in the locker room. I don’t care about someone seeing my pull-up. The younger gym rats probably just see it as me being old and if an older guy notices my pull-up there’s a chance he might be a kindred spirit and a new friendship might be inspired. After the pool session, I take a shower and put my pull-up back along with the rest of my clothes.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PuffPuffPaci
With everyone’s body being different it’s hard to say for someone else but In my experience I wear betterdrys day and night including at work. I am a land surveyor so I walk an average of 3-6 miles per day and I find no chafing unless I’m past due for a change trying to make it till when I’m done with something.

Reactions: Builderdad31, DiaperDiva and Diprs2
Wearing compression shorts over your diaper when exercising can help keep everything snug and in place. I also recommend starting with a fresh change to allow for the most capacity available. Wear dark bottoms that won’t show a leak as clearly.

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, CrossfireHurricane, Diprs2 and 6 others
DiaperDiva said:
Wearing compression shorts over your diaper when exercising can help keep everything snug and in place. I also recommend starting with a fresh change to allow for the most capacity available. Wear dark bottoms that won’t show a leak as clearly.
Compression shorts are perfect for any activity. Particular any high level of sport. From tennis to golf, it can take from 2 to 4 hours. So a good quality diaper is necessary. I don't use them often during regular activity (shopping etc.) but I do use these if I know I'm going to be out for hours. If you are wearing a good booster, these are perfect to disguise a soggy, wet diaper and the bulge. If I'm not using these for daily use, I often wear a fixation short. Not quite as strong but the do keep the diaper secured.

Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2 and CrossfireHurricane
DiaperDiva said:
totally agree

DiaperDiva said:
I will give that a try thank you. I didn’t really get on the Tena so will try the compression shorts

Reactions: PaddedRita
babyraggydolls said:
I will give that a try thank you. I didn’t really get on the Tena so will try the compression shorts
@DiaperDiva recommended compression shorts to me and they got from short runs to my first marathon. I recommend a relatively thin diaper underneath (surprisingly poly backed seems to rub less than cloth backed). Also consider something like bodyglide to eliminate the chafing if you still have spots that rub.

@babyraggydolls exercise is so worth it. I had gotten so lethargic, depressed, etc. I got religion about my exercise and feel so much better. Good luck with your endeavor and remember the most important step you can take is the next one!

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, IcyBlue, Diprs2 and 2 others
Back