Emotional games

MakABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Have you ever played a game that had you so emotional at the end of it that for weeks you've just been broken down thinking about it?

To me this was the case when I first played To The Moon, I never experienced the emotions like I did when I played that game from Kan Gao. I began to appreciate the life I had to a greater extent and even appreciate music more even though I was already heavily into music. And then some years later Kan released Finding Paradise and it ripped my heart strings all over again because I felt the exact same thing the main character did, I felt like that was my life coming full circle and I broke down and quietly cried, I wasn't myself for nearly 4 weeks because it drove home who I was so much that I couldn't stop thinking about it, and like the last game even the music captured me in the way nothing else could, I found something that embodied my feelings at that time that the admiration of these games will never stop.

I'm happy to consider them a part of my memories forever and I will never stop loving the masterpieces that they were. And I can't thank Kan enough for the wonderful memories that they will always be.

EverySingleMemory.jpg

“To the moon”? Isn’t that where Ralph Cramden used to threaten to send his wife, Alice, to when he suggested he was going punch her on the Honeymooners? Those old Honeymooners episodes are being shown on a local broadcast channel but I’d be surprised that with the sensitivity towards domestic violence today if they aren’t receiving complaints.

Zeke said:
“To the moon”? Isn’t that where Ralph Cramden used to threaten to send his wife, Alice, to when he suggested he was going punch her on the Honeymooners? Those old Honeymooners episodes are being shown on a local broadcast channel but I’d be surprised that with the sensitivity towards domestic violence today if they aren’t receiving complaints.

If that's sarcasm then good play

if not, No it's a game by Kan Gao, a narrative driven game made in RPGmaker first of two major installments, very worth watching and or playing them.

I was aware of your gaming reference although I know next to nothing about that world. When I was younger I found myself developing an addiction to playing pinball and chose to give it up. This was my rationale in not getting into gaming when I became involved with computers as well. If I was that susceptible to pinball you could just imagine how deeply down the rabbit hole I would’ve found myself with some of the games out there!

Zeke said:
I was aware of your gaming reference although I know next to nothing about that world. When I was younger I found myself developing an addiction to playing pinball and chose to give it up. This was my rationale in not getting into gaming when I became involved with computers as well. If I was that susceptible to pinball you could just imagine how deeply down the rabbit hole I would’ve found myself with some of the games out there!

Then that series might be a good introduction, as somber as the story is, it's something that made me look at life so differently and everything suddenly, became more beautiful than it first looked, things like that I feel they're necessary for us to grow as people.

I don’t know about dealing with things in a gaming world as I sometimes have enough problems dealing with events in this one.

Zeke said:
I don’t know about dealing with things in a gaming world as I sometimes have enough problems dealing with events in this one.

Well to each their own i guess. Games help me escape but that's just me i can't speak for everyone else

Life is Strange... I hate emotions but this game was just overwhelming.
The game is old so I should assume you'd have played the game by now if you ever were gonna be but I'll put some spoilers in case some are still interested.

Like there are moments a girl tries to commit suicide, you can stop her... or fail, and worse, a moment a friend of yours is very sick and after laughing with you for a while tells you she wants to die and you to kill her... 🥺 And choice is all yours. I remember the end having to chose between my best friend to die pr the rest of the city and decided to save my best friend saying I didn't care...

Anywho, I cried throughout the ending. I kinda hate this game for exposing me to these things tbh 😢

Last edited:
HelloKittyBoi said:
Life is Strange... I hate emotions but this game was just overwhelming.
The game is old so I should assume you'd have played the game by now if you ever were gonna be but I'll put some spoilers in case some are still interested.

Like there are moments a girl tries to commit suicide, you can stop her... or fail, and worse, a moment a friend of yours is very sick and after laughing with you for a while tells you she wants to die and you to kill her... 🥺 And choice is all yours. I remember the end having to chose between my best friend to die pr the rest of the city and decided to save my best friend saying I didn't care...

Anywho, I cried throughout the ending. I kinda hate this game for exposing me to these things tbh 😢

Might have a better time with To The Moon and Finding Paradise then lol at least they go to a positive note

Back