Drynites bedmats

Lostboy123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wondering if anyone has any experience using drynites bed mats. I struggle with leaks when I wet lying down in bed so need something to protect the mattress. Don't know if they'll be any good or if I'll need to go for something more substantial that'll cover my whole double bed.

I use the good nites bed mats. I like them.

Reactions: Edgewater and Lostboy123
BigAl1 said:
I use the good nites bed mats. I like them.
Cheers. Just need them to keep the mattress dry. Not sure whether to buy them or the tena ones that would cover much more of the mattress.

Reactions: BigAl2
Do the tena ones have the sticky area?

Reactions: Edgewater
I suggest finding out. The disposable pads without. For me will move out from under me.

Reactions: Edgewater
Even with the bed mats, I would put a protective rubber sheet underneath your bed pad just in case.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, BigAl2 and TigerDL
iampadded said:
Even with the bed mats, I would put a protective rubber sheet underneath your bed pad just in case.
There is no question that shifting to a full bed protective cover is a must for anyone that is Incontinent or play wetting the bed!!

I use washable bed pads, but when traveling I use North Shores disposal pads, between me and the sheet!

NOTE: If you are leaking; Upgrade your diaper quality and add plastic pants (diaper covers) to what you are wearing to bed. Assure that you know how to prepare your disposable diaper before you put it in place!!

Last edited:
Reactions: VeiledDevotee and TigerDL
iampadded said:
Cheers. Have you used them and if a rubber sheet was needed weren't they any good.

I use goodnites bedmats but have a plastic sheet on the bed and a cloth covered mattress protector under it to keep condensation from urine from leaking into the mattress.

Reactions: Lostboy123
I've used CVS bed mats that are pretty similar to the Goodnites/Drynites, but without adhesives, and possibly a bit bigger. In my experience, they are good for catching press-out leaks like when you want to sit or lay down in your soaked diaper, but can be unreliable for wetting while laying down, especially with a leak-prone diaper.

I have had times where, wetting while laying down, it leaks all out the back of the diaper, soaks the pad up my back, and the pee continues to creep or leak up my back off the mat and onto the bedsheets, leaving a massive wet spot. This was using drug store medical diapers though, so they were already prone to leaking, especially when wet while laying down. I have had better luck wetting ABDL diapers while laying down, haven't leaked as much (coupled with being familiar with the capacity of the diaper, knowing how far is too far to push).

I now use reusable bed mats and had a similar overflow problem when I used smaller mats, heavy leaks would follow my back up and over the mat, wetting my bed. I have since bought longer bed mats that can reach my shoulders/neck, which I am more confident in. (If you use a smaller mat but only for your upper body, you leave yourself vulnerable to leaks through the leg guards)

And a waterproof mattress protector is an excellent idea/backup. It gives a little more peace of mind even if you leak and even if some gets off the mat. But I once found it let my pee seep through to the mattress when I had a catastrophic leak that soaked my bed mat, creeped up my back, soaked my sheets, soaked the protector, and left a wet spot on the mattress. That was not fun, and one of the reasons I bought the longer bed mats. So only rely on the protector for small leaks, not puddles.

Reactions: Ozarkmtn, Lostboy123 and BigAl2
Back