Drylife Slip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve been looking for a good every day diaper and heard that Drylife Slip’s are good.

Previously I was contemplating Abena’s and Tena’s, Abena in the UK aren’t plastic backed and Tena’s tend to leak in my experience.

Anyone have any experience with Drylife Slip’s?

Their ISO is slightly higher than TENA slip and getting close to within premium diaper range. Medium are only 3600mL and large 4300mL. They're also thicker than TENA, however from what I've read the plastic is a little harder and they're not as comfortable. Depending on what you're looking for out of them (in terms of how often to change), they'll probably hold up for maybe two wettings

Sophiaa said:
I’ve been looking for a good every day diaper and heard that Drylife Slip’s are good.

Previously I was contemplating Abena’s and Tena’s, Abena in the UK aren’t plastic backed and Tena’s tend to leak in my experience.

Anyone have any experience with Drylife Slip’s?
I've not found that Tena leaks personally, and I have the wrong size, it's a fair bit too small that I just about manage to get on with 1 instead of 2 tapes, so I'm a bit surprised that you find them leaking.

Lewis Badger said:
I've not found that Tena leaks personally, and I have the wrong size, it's a fair bit too small that I just about manage to get on with 1 instead of 2 tapes, so I'm a bit surprised that you find them leaking.
TENA aren't that absorbent so it's not difficult to get them to leak, especially for press-out leaks I found when I used to use TENA super. Also body shape is a major determinant of how well a diaper fits

Topex said:
Their ISO is slightly higher than TENA slip and getting close to within premium diaper range. Medium are only 3600mL and large 4300mL. They're also thicker than TENA, however from what I've read the plastic is a little harder and they're not as comfortable. Depending on what you're looking for out of them (in terms of how often to change), they'll probably hold up for maybe two wettings
Do you know anything about NRU (nappies R us) little rascals?

Sophiaa said:
Do you know anything about NRU (nappies R us) little rascals?
Nothing. I was hoping to get a sample with my last order from DayNite Care but they were out :/

The Drylife Super Slip are my go to everyday nappy.
They are very absorbent, not in same league as the high end nappies, but they definitely contain 3 big wettimgs, I've worn them at night with no leaks.
The plastic is very smooth and I love the crinkle they make. Not overtly loud, but you know you're wearing one under loose clothing.
For the price, I throughly recommend them.

Little Rascals are also a great nappy, a lot thicker than the Drylife slip, and have an higher absorbency rating. With that comes a higher price, but if you want an AB style nappy I too recommend them.

Reactions: tiny and indiaperdl
The Drylife diaper is great. I tried it to replace the Abena's too and it's a great diaper. It hold quite a lot and will hold up quite well for longer time wear. Try it, you will not be dissapointed!

VERY similar to the old iDSlip Expert Super PE Backed, I think it comes off the same line.

Swell quite a bit and can hold a lot.

They are still a lot thinner than Betterdry or ABU products though.

blob said:
VERY similar to the old iDSlip Expert Super PE Backed, I think it comes off the same line.

Swell quite a bit and can hold a lot.

They are still a lot thinner than Betterdry or ABU products though.

ID Slip does not come off the same line as Drylife, their factory does not produce it as I go there regularly and asked them.
Ontex NV manufacturers also Absorin and ships it to Holland though.

But yes, Drylife is a very good diaper for general use, not too expensive when not purchased through amazon either. (amazon sellers are rediculously expensive with them)

I quite like Drylife diapers too. They are a smaller fit than the Abena Abri-Form or BetterDry, and don't come quite as high up the waist. But the plastic is strong and doesn't rip or stretch easily, and the tapes are very strong. DryLife diapers also wick moisture pretty well and feel great too.

I used to use the old id slip super as my go to, but for whatever reason I didn't get on as well with drylife, I'm not sure if I was just taping them differently, but they tended to rub a bit round the back of my legs if used during the day.
They also have a fairly short rise which isn't ideal for a night nappy, the mediums feel more like a generous small, I might try a large at some point and see if there any better as they are really good nappies.
They are fairly thick and noisey, but the tapes hold well and the tight leg cut means you can get the most out of the absorbency.

I'm currently still on the search for a new day to day nappy, I'm currently considering these, tena slip active ultima, id slip maxi prime or lille suprem fit maxi as a more budget alternative.

I found Drylife to be quite hard plastic when the first came out. I got some free samples when i called at the new premises they have. Unfoortunatly the sizing is terrible for me. The medium is a small fit and the tapes don't fit well round my thighs. The large are too large meaning there is a big space on the inside leg for leaking.

woolybobs said:
The medium is a small fit and the tapes don't fit well round my thighs. The large are too large meaning there is a big space on the inside leg for leaking.
True, but the large are the better option. I'm the size of the average 13-14yo and I always go large (nowadays, anyway; older large sizes were properly large, today's large are smaller).
If you fit them good, don't flood with a three quarters of a pint adult capacity and change often, they work okay.

I love the Drylife Slip Super, I discovered it about a year or so and wish I had better access to it where I live. I do find one trick with it is you should fold and move it around a bit before putting it on. I find it much softer if you fold it in half and just kneed it a bit. Sounds silly but I think it's why it's so thin and packed in tight into the bag. For my body the medium fit excellent and I find they hold a lot for my needs, though they aren't quite like the super thick ones like Rearz or Betterdry.

surprise35 said:
I love the Drylife Slip Super, I discovered it about a year or so and wish I had better access to it where I live. I do find one trick with it is you should fold and move it around a bit before putting it on. I find it much softer if you fold it in half and just kneed it a bit. Sounds silly but I think it's why it's so thin and packed in tight into the bag. For my body the medium fit excellent and I find they hold a lot for my needs, though they aren't quite like the super thick ones like Rearz or Betterdry.

Hey! I'm a UK Women's 16 (around a men's L-XL I think) - I have a 36" (approx) waist. What size do you think would be best? I was going to order medium's but it sounds like they run small.

ade said:
True, but the large are the better option. I'm the size of the average 13-14yo and I always go large (nowadays, anyway; older large sizes were properly large, today's large are smaller).
If you fit them good, don't flood with a three quarters of a pint adult capacity and change often, they work okay.
Hey! I'm a UK Women's 16 (around a men's L-XL I think) - I have a 36" (approx) waist. What size do you think would be best? I was going to order medium's but it sounds like they run small.

tiny said:
I quite like Drylife diapers too. They are a smaller fit than the Abena Abri-Form or BetterDry, and don't come quite as high up the waist. But the plastic is strong and doesn't rip or stretch easily, and the tapes are very strong. DryLife diapers also wick moisture pretty well and feel great too.

HappyNappin said:
I used to use the old id slip super as my go to, but for whatever reason I didn't get on as well with drylife, I'm not sure if I was just taping them differently, but they tended to rub a bit round the back of my legs if used during the day.
They also have a fairly short rise which isn't ideal for a night nappy, the mediums feel more like a generous small, I might try a large at some point and see if there any better as they are really good nappies.
They are fairly thick and noisey, but the tapes hold well and the tight leg cut means you can get the most out of the absorbency.

I'm currently still on the search for a new day to day nappy, I'm currently considering these, tena slip active ultima, id slip maxi prime or lille suprem fit maxi as a more budget alternative.
Have you found any good day-to-day ones? The drylife ones sounded good but I'm just not sure. I'm a UK Women's 16 (around a men's L-XL I think) - I have a 36" (approx) waist. What size do you think would be best? I was going to order medium's but it sounds like they run small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back