Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Doll enthusiasts?

Patricia48

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
File: “Skye Brunette”, Masterpiece Dolls by Monica Levenig/Monica Peter Licht
Hi,
I’m hoping someone on this board knows more about doll collecting/finding than me.
The attached doll came out sometime in the mid 2010’s I think. Right around the time I was looking for my first one. I was specially looking for one proportionally bigger like me. And I happened across this cutie. As I understand it Monica Levenig was introducing dolls of this height (~31”) around that time. She apparently only produced about 350(?) of each of them. She also produced and sold Skye Blonde, Tori, Delilah, Lacey and lots more.
As such, each is now somewhat rare, I’ve seen one for sale for $1875. But you rarely see any of them for sale. If you search on one, it’ll come up in Pinterest and Worthpoint (who apparently gives the current value of each doll). And sometimes on an old web site where they don’t have the doll anymore, they just didn’t clear out their listing.
Anyhow, I’m now thinking, there must be a Doll collector group that deals in them such that they never make it to eBay etc, probably in a specific forum?
I’m looking for a playmate for my doll (renamed “Pam”) and want to get another of these scarce dolls, but don’t know the right place(s) to look.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you!
Pattie

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 28
This is what I know about dollies, ZIP! But being a boy in a dress, I wanna play with dolls.
See I'm one of those babies that doesn't have dolls of his own.
Lucky for me and you, a lot of my little freinds here on the forum have dolls and they let me play with them, it's make believe.
I will follow you, maybe you can help me pick a dolly to love 😸

Reactions: LucyMarie
Patricia48 said:
File: “Skye Brunette”, Masterpiece Dolls by Monica Levenig/Monica Peter Licht
Hi,
I’m hoping someone on this board knows more about doll collecting/finding than me.
The attached doll came out sometime in the mid 2010’s I think. Right around the time I was looking for my first one. I was specially looking for one proportionally bigger like me. And I happened across this cutie. As I understand it Monica Levenig was introducing dolls of this height (~31”) around that time. She apparently only produced about 350(?) of each of them. She also produced and sold Skye Blonde, Tori, Delilah, Lacey and lots more.
As such, each is now somewhat rare, I’ve seen one for sale for $1875. But you rarely see any of them for sale. If you search on one, it’ll come up in Pinterest and Worthpoint (who apparently gives the current value of each doll). And sometimes on an old web site where they don’t have the doll anymore, they just didn’t clear out their listing.
Anyhow, I’m now thinking, there must be a Doll collector group that deals in them such that they never make it to eBay etc, probably in a specific forum?
I’m looking for a playmate for my doll (renamed “Pam”) and want to get another of these scarce dolls, but don’t know the right place(s) to look.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you!
Pattie
the doll you have looks very cool, most of the larger dolls i have seen dont the the jointed arms and legs, so if you move there arm up it makes them look like they support a far right political movement!! good luck with the hunt! and i hope you can find one XX

For what it's worth I found one source to keep an eye on, Facebook group "In Search of Masterpiece Dolls". I joined.
Even the name tells a lot about the challenge of finding them.
Pattie

KBoy said:
This is what I know about dollies, ZIP! But being a boy in a dress, I wanna play with dolls.
See I'm one of those babies that doesn't have dolls of his own.
Lucky for me and you, a lot of my little freinds here on the forum have dolls and they let me play with them, it's make believe.
I will follow you, maybe you can help me pick a dolly to love 😸
I reallly can't help much because I'm too single minded. I want a Masterpiece doll like I already have, right now I'm specifically looking for the one named Tori,
tori.jpg

Hmmm, found two more Facebook forums dedicated to Masterpiece dolls today. Guess I just should have done a search, duh.
Going to keep an eye on those now. For those interested specifically in Masterpiece, I learned a bit more on, how the company failed, the question on who has the molds and another German company that apparently is taking over where Masterpiece stopped…but their dolls start (!) at $710! Send me a chat for more info, but I think you can read it yourself in those groups.

Not really into dolls per se, but I had a rag doll-like plushie when I was little, a plush toy. Had a matching bear too, but haven’t seen either in years. Victim of a goodwill trip perhaps.

Back