Does wearing a diaper dominate your life?

No they do not dominate my life, they actually help me live and enhance it.šŸ˜ƒ

Reactions: Edgewater and 247
NOT wearing, wearing inadequate protection would certainly dominate my life. šŸ˜³

Will i leak?
How long can i be out for?
How close is a public toilet?
Checking for wet patch?
Where can i change?
Has anyone noticed?

Reassuring to get on with life WITHOUT such worries.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2, Dinotopian2002 and 4 others
I hope it doesn't. But sometimes it's hard to not dominate me. I try to live normally despite I have to wear a diaper. Everything I do, it also means that at some point, I'll need to change. Wet or dirty. Sometimes at the most worst possible time. But this isn't new. So sometimes I try to forget it and get back to what I was doing. So in reality you just go on. There's not much else you could do. It's just being IC.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Diprs2 and Jonnythepony
With a little bit of planning and good nappies, boosters and plastic pants, it dosent dominate my life. Swimming , i wear nothing but my swim shorts and your in the water anyway, and saunas, i will just sit on my towel. My towel catches any leaks and in the last 20 plus years, ive never had a problem, never been noticed or anything. . On the beach, i just wear my nappies under my shorts. I have probably been noticed on holiday with my nappy poking out, but I'm never gonna see these people again and i just dont care anymore. I'm there to have fun and enjoy myself and people are usually mature enough to not say anything.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, ILuvDiapers, Wetshisbed and 3 others
Yes wearing a diaper has dominates my life ! And now its just part of my life and I have a adjusted to it the very best as I can ! ;) :giggle:

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 2 others
Yes and No, finding a place to change has been a challenge since I started wearing and figuring out how much diapers to pack when I am at my parents is not easy. But overall I loved the diapered life and I would not trade anything else for it.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Diprs2, Kellycares and 1 other person
greatlake5 said:
Sometimes wearing a diaper dominates my life but not completely. I've always been IC so I don't know what it would feel like if I wasn't. Obviously, being IC means that I'm always diapered and I need to be changed every day. So in some way, changing dominates during certain times. But the rest of the time I'm just a regular person. I work, play the activities I like and I enjoy time with friends, family and my partner. I'm sure if you're new to being IC, everything you do dominates being diapered. I'm sure that eventually you'll get used to it.

Does wearing a diaper dominate your life? Why and how?
Not much more than prior how keeping bathrooms close felt almost the same

Reactions: AttilaThePun, ILuvDiapers, Diprs2 and 1 other person
rennecfox said:
Not much more than prior how keeping bathrooms close felt almost the same
P.S. I think big girl potty is scary...

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita and Edgewater
Well Yes and No I have to monitor how Wet my Diaper is getting so I can get somewhere to change my Diaper before I LEAK and then Change your Diaper. No matter what brand you buy be it the Expensive ones through the Medical/AB stores or the Inexpensive as I buy from the Drug Store they all were designed to hold a certain amount of liquid and will leak when you Pee too much liquid and do not change your diaper. I know my diapers by feeling when I need to go change my Diaper for a Nice Dry One.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
No Iā€™m IC and physically disabled so diapers are 24/7 no different than any other underpants . But my toddler self dominates my life so does my mommy wife . Sheā€™s my mommy so I do what she tells me to do . Sheā€™s very very sweet and loves to take care of me .

To answer your question, no diapers do not dominate my life. I look at it as a way that enhances my life. I am fecal incontinent and if I didnā€™t wear I would have to worry about trying to find a restroom, finding a restroom in time, having to carry extra change of clothes, and unpleasant odors and accidents. The only thing I donā€™t like about it is trying to find a place to diaper yourself. It can be a pain. I hope this helps

Last edited:
It's kinda funny, but not being diapered full time was actually more distracting that simply wearing and using diapers. Now they're just my normal underwear, and I feel naked without them lol. They're mostly faded into the background noise of living. Diaper changes replaced bathroom breaks - so really less bathroom time for me! Yeah, there's some extra work required (ordering, maintaining stock, having diaper changes handy when away from home, logistics of traveling diapered...) but it's certainly not something holding me back or dominating my life!

Dominate my life? I mean diapers are a part of my daily life. No different than a shirt or pair of socks dominating my life.

Reactions: Diprs2, 247 and Edgewater
Not really. Most of the time, my diapers make my incontinence manageable and help me keep it in perspective. Without protection, everything would be more stressful and embarrassing.

Some days I can find it harder than others, mentally, but thankfully they donā€™t happen too often.

What helps is that I donā€™t keep my diaper needs a secret, as I donā€™t believe I should feel guilty for a medical issue beyond my control. This helps to remove a lot of the stigma surrounding it.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Diprs2, hbic60, 247 and 1 other person
It dominates my life less than my incontinence would if I didn't wear protection. I've found nappies to be the least worst option and I've come to terms with managing my condition with them. It is of course frustrating and there are big practical issues but still better than the alternatives.

Reactions: Diprs2, jdinvirginia, hbic60 and 3 others
Yes. It controls me, I do not control it.

The only time In my life where I was in control was after psychedelic therapy. I literally just woke up from a sound sleep and felt compelled to put a diaper on. I didn't "decide" to, I didn't "consent" to it.

So that's a conflict inside me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and TommyTheDiaperDuck
Wearing a diaper does not dominate my life. However, it takes a lot of planning for "smooth sailing." Experience helps. Wearing a diaper reduces my stress and lets me do things that otherwise would be impossible. I am double incontinent and like to say "be thankful for our diaper."

--John

Reactions: fredy552, diaperdude, Diprs2 and 2 others
fredy552 said:
Well Yes and No I have to monitor how Wet my Diaper is getting so I can get somewhere to change my Diaper before I LEAK and then Change your Diaper. No matter what brand you buy be it the Expensive ones through the Medical/AB stores or the Inexpensive as I buy from the Drug Store they all were designed to hold a certain amount of liquid and will leak when you Pee too much liquid and do not change your diaper. I know my diapers by feeling when I need to go change my Diaper for a Nice Dry One.
I am adding this as I drive cars for a rent a car co. When I got home at 7:30ish in a diaper that I had been wearing all day long with booster. I leaked and a lot wet through to my underpants, my jeans, and my t-shirt. I got lucky and no one noticed and got home and immediately leaked. It was as bad as last year's traveling.o_O:cry:

Not nearly as bad as being duel incontinent and not having them to wear would!!!!!!!!!! Diapers are the saving grace in my life!!!!!!
I guess I could look at it like poor me I have to wear diapers and I have in the past, but going from the shit products I used when I first started wearing, to the products today, the diapers have improved leaps and bounds and so has the stigma so I am not ashamed and I don't let them control me.

• Love
Reactions: CptKirk, PrincessNozomi, Edgewater and 2 others
CptKirk said:
Thank you! It's my real name, just an FYI
Really itā€™s your real name, like on your drivers license?

Back