Does Being an ABDL Mean You're Immature?

Do you want to know a secret, the thing that will force you to be the most mature person possible and still able to be the most fun and immature person you know?? Have kids. They force you to grow up right now and yet still invite you to let go and spend an afternoon building the best Thomas train setup ever while Paw Patrol plays in the background.

I am not an AB but having kids actually forces me to let go and have fun more than I did before. It's funny when I read what many people will do when they are in little space and I think to myself "isn't that just a normal day" (minus the diapers and clothes, not around the kids) It's all part of being a mature adult. C.S. Lewis might have been on to something. Spend a day at the zoo with a 3 yr old and marvel at how they see the world. It's the most wonderful thing out there.

• Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker, eu38foot, BBBen and 4 others
Mature in the required adult things, I do the needful. I do like to have fun and a lot of my fun is immature . AB is only at home.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker, BBBen, KBoy and 2 others
Getting older is more of getting back to things you enjoyed when you were younger 😜 who knew?

• Love
Reactions: eu38foot, BBBen, KBoy and 3 others
If you take the definition of immature as lacking the expected type of responsible behaviour for your age, then I would not consider myself immature in my overall life. When I am acting like a baby, then an outsider might say I was acting in an immature way. But because, in my head, I really am the age of a baby at that time, I wouldn't consider myself immature while acting like a baby; I would consider my behaviour exactly appropriate for a child who is a baby.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, KBoy, ABDElsa and 2 others
Gwendolyn said:
As I was reading this post, I was thinking I was going to immediately reply with that same C.S. Lewis quote. I was glad to find it already there. I think that sums up a lot of this conversation pretty well.
I learned many years ago (I am now in my 60s) that maturity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, KBoy, ABDElsa and 3 others
I am DL, not AB and wet my diapers all the time in public/work and mess my diapers in the solitude of the early morning checking emails. How do you define maturity? I take care of all my adult responsibilities, wife, father, Ph.D., research published in peer reviewed journals, respected, good friends. I suppose the only difference is that many activities are done while wetting my diaper with discretion of course. This morning, I already responded to a complex professional email while in my wet and messy Tykables Animooz diaper. The paradox and dialectic of adult responsibilities in a wet and/or messy diaper is comforting, and naughty.

• Wow
Reactions: Lyric, BBBen, KBoy and 3 others
The thing about maturity is it’s not one area behaviour, emotions, moral, intellectual they can all be mature or immature. Some people out there are immature not in the way we are but in other ways which frankly are more important than a choice of underwear, clothes and what shows we watch.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, KBoy and ABDElsa
BobbiSueEllen said:
Well, we're here. Just do what you like...just don't hurt nobody.

Lest, of course, they ask you... 🤭🥳
Thanks. I appreciate that.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, KBoy and BobbiSueEllen
Frungie said:
I am DL, not AB and wet my diapers all the time in public/work and mess my diapers in the solitude of the early morning checking emails. How do you define maturity? I take care of all my adult responsibilities, wife, father, Ph.D., research published in peer reviewed journals, respected, good friends. I suppose the only difference is that many activities are done while wetting my diaper with discretion of course. This morning, I already responded to a complex professional email while in my wet and messy Tykables Animooz diaper. The paradox and dialectic of adult responsibilities in a wet and/or messy diaper is comforting, and naughty.
How do you get away with wetting and messing your Diapers at work?! Don't you co-workers smell you?! No offense. Poop stinks that's just the way it is.

Reactions: BBBen and KBoy
ABDElsa said:
How do you get away with wetting and messing your Diapers at work?! Don't you co-workers smell you?! No offense. Poop stinks that's just the way it is.
Thank you for the question. I thought I made the distinction that I only wet my diaper while in public/work settings and mess my diaper in the solitude of the early morning at home. So, to to clarify, I only wet my diaper at work. Also, to make sure that I smell fresh and clean and not smell like a stale wet diaper, I use 2-4 drops of baby powder scented oil in my diaper. This keeps me odor free, if not smelling pleasant throughout the day in my wet diaper, sometimes for as long as 12 hours. Again, I am totally discreet, no one knows...I think! If people do know, I am not treated differently at all.

• Love
Reactions: Lyric, BBBen, KBoy and 3 others
I would say that im definitely immature, emotionally. I know i never mastered the skills of emotion regulation or any of the other ones surrounding a complete grasp of emotional maturity. I get jealous, i act out when im angry or sad, i often "cut off my nose to spite my face" and ive engaged in reckless behavior my entire life. I get overwhelmed easily by stressful things and melt down over them. Thus far though, ive managed to hold jobs, im paying off a house, and am maintaining as best i can. My house is a pit and i cant save money, my relationships outside of work generally fail. I can pinpoint some reasons in how i was raised, as well as environmental, but largely, it comes down to a lack of maturity and the skills necessary to function as an adult. I had a bad childhood, extreme poverty most of my life, but at this point (30 years of age) i would struggle to blame anything but myself for it.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa, BBBen, KBoy and 2 others
Being developmentally disabled since birth, I am both mature and immature.
Depending upon situation.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa, BBBen and KBoy
dogboy said:
I think I've always been immature. I speak intelligently, I can act maturely, especially at my job, but inside my head, I'm feeling like an insecure child. I'm still very inquisitive like a kid and I love to find and discover new things. I'm still amazed at much of the world whether it's nature or things of interest. I have no intention of ever growing up because I think then a part of you dies.
I can identify with this! Interestingly I have an elderly relative who is the same - despite being housebound, she still takes a great interest in the rest of the world that she can no longer access any more, and is genuinely interested in everything and everybody. We have some truly wonderful and enjoyable discussions whenever I see her.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ABDElsa, BBBen and KBoy
I sometimes feel like an M&M - In my professional life I have responsibilities on the scope I never imagined I would have as a child (I am an executive at a medium sized software company where I head up engineering) that's the hard candy coating of our M&M. My chocolate and peanut butter center (Because if I am going to be an M&M I'm gonna be a peanut butter one cause those are the best) is so diametrically opposed - my little side is more middle than anything and I crave structure and freedom from responsibility and making decisions - like going to school and doing what your told, and having rules about no screen time until your homework is done. I think over time my age play has adjusted in an equal and opposite direction to my professional achievements to account for it - there was a time where I wouldn't have considered much of an AB at all because I was only a DL and I had no interest in being a baby - but my middle side and persona have only become much stronger the older I have gotten and are almost a respite or vacation for me to get to be little. So short answer is I aspire toward immaturity!

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa, BBBen, dogboy and 2 others
Myself not being what I consider an AB and dont really get into any sorta "Mind set/space" I'd vote for yes, you need to be immature whilst being AB, its not that you need to be that way 100% of the time by any means, but i'd say that being immature is not a good portion of being childlike.

You cant without some sorta DID or akin be ignorant of things, as you DO know them, you know how the world works, etc.

So, i'd say from outsode looking in, wouldnt being immature/childish be at least a good portion of the AB play?

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and BBBen
I think there is, paradoxically, a maturity in accepting one's limitations and trying to see yourself as you are.

Personally, I think I am... not mature. It's just how it is. I have generally failed at or not progressed in ways that most adults I know have. But I try to be kind and reasonable and take responsibility for myself as much as I can, so I dunno.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and foxkits
Being mature has its place, in that one has adult responsibilities.
But internally I am still a child, and always will be due to my physical and developmental disabilities of Cerebral Palsy and Autism.
I am both "BIG" and "LITTLE" alternately all day long.
Yeah!
Here it is early Saturday afternoon and I am still watching cartoons and children's television.
I am now watching the POWER RANGERS pound the crap out of the BAD GUYS...

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa, BBBen and ianwee
caitianx said:
I am now watching the POWER RANGERS pound the crap out of the BAD GUYS...
Everyone needs a bit of escapism sometimes don't they?

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
Well I can certainly say I do all that same stuff on social media LOL. But I see that being more about having views that don't mesh with the pop culture zeitgeist trend-hivemind. We do pay the price of being left out of what others get from being into whatever comes along but personally I'm happy with what I like and find like-minded folks so its chill. Honestly, if you ask me, all the cool kids reject the trends and do their own thing instead.

I also drive (i collect and daily drive classic cars, actually!) and all that but I don't do jobs. I can't squeeze myself into that bleak "adult" career mindset, its just depression to me, since when I tried to do it that's all I felt. I do odd jobs because I have a skillset full of stuff you just don't see these days with everyone doing content or whatever. I do quite well on that, and there's a couple of folks who do things I'm into who call me to get things done because I'm the only one they know who knows how to do it that way & without an app. I'm also a YouTuber though and I've managed to make a decent amount from that without having to do what everyone else is doing. I've also got a dot com boom trust fund but don't tell anyone ;3 Turns out I function my best when I'm let to basically continue what my childhood was like.

Media, yeah gosh I got Pokemon Gold Version when it came out and I got soooooo wrapped up in it, imagining the whole world beyond the literal in the game. I found my original copy and replaced the battery and I can still do that like I had never left the Johto region. The remake is kind of a let down imo! I've got all my old tapes and I watch them whenever I get the chance, along with more I've found and shot since then. Cartoon Network now sure LOOKS different, but I want to go on record as one of those die-hard 1990s and early 2000s CN lovers saying WOW its still friggin good. I love Gumball, Craig of the Creek, Teen Titans GO (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT), Clarence, The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe, Regular Show, Apple & Onion, et c etc. and I know its Disney not CN but Bluey is my jam, if I didn't know better I'd think someone made that show about me and my sister when we were little.

As for neurodivergency, yeah me too. I'm autistic, and while I've never been tested for it I definitely have ADHD too. I manage the these things without medication- i felt dead while taking that stuff. I do smoke pot medicinally, but that's for the clarity. I've found I have a lot more in common with folks on the spectrum who were my age in the 1960s-1990s, including my hobbies, interests and the kinds of places and people I seek out.

Honestly, I find that I'm the most mature one in the room these days, despite that I feel like a kid who just grew up in size and learned to handle things I couldn't before. In my opinion (based on observation) the instant gratification and dopamine addiction that comes with high tech & all that modern flim flam just makes people more reactive and that comes across as very immature due to the fact they don't really know what they're talking about as they say it. There have always been people like that, sure, but I had a whole family of people who got really awful to be around as they got into all that. I've had other words for this phenomenon but honestly, I think immaturity packs a real punch, since they seem to feel its important enough to claim because I don't fall in line rank and file that somehow I'M the immature one, even though they can't drive without a touch screen flashing glizzies in their face. shrug. I believe immaturity is less about how you feel and more about how you react to the world around you. I was a very open-minded kid so nothing really surprises me or makes me "cringe". And I call back to that, this time as a girl, for my little lifestyle. Really, I think the other reply had some legs: immaturity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I spend a lot of time in quiet solitary play with children's toys.
I do not drive.
I used to.
I am back to the way I was in high school before I learned how to drive.
With American Culture, such as it is, not being able to drive is seen not being a man.
America is a culture of motor vehicles.
I just play with little toy cars and trucks.
Pretending to drive and not getting into a wreck.
Anyway, I have been watching cartoons for hours and it is now 13:30 here where I live in Derry, New Hampshire.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and BBBen
Back