Does anyone remember this short Dutch film about bedwetting?

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I remember seeing a short film online some time ago and cannot remember what it was called, but I’d like to see it again.

I think it was Dutch and it was a film festival type short film. I’m not sure if this is the exact chronology:

It featured a boy, whose name I think was Marvin or Markus. He was about to go to Summer Camp and he was obviously a bedwetter as his mother packed night pants in his luggage, which he throws in the bin.

At camp he is up at night, obviously trying not to have an accident. He ends up wetting the bed and is made fun of by a bully.

On another night he wets again and goes to the bathroom to try and clean up and discovers another boy who has had an accident too.

They decide to play a trick on the bully (hand in warm water or pouring water over his sheets or something like that) and when they pull back the covers they notice a DryNite poking out of the bully’s pyjama bottoms.

Next day they are on a beach with the bully, who tries to bully them. They take out his DryNites and wave them around at him- he is outed as a bedwetter too.

I can’t remember how it ended.

Does anyone know what it was called or have a link?

Reactions: jbond007
How long ago did you saw the movie?

I'm from The Netherlands - Maybe it's easier for me to find it.

Lumen said:
How long ago did you saw the movie?

I'm from The Netherlands - Maybe it's easier for me to find it.
About 7 years ago I think. It was a short film of about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
That must be it:

Reactions: MaximusWolfheart, checkingoutall, JWolf and 1 other person
Yup! That’s the one!

Thank you for finding it 🙂

Last edited:
wow thats interesting , are there any translation ?

Reactions: nwm and TigerDL
I’d forgotten the ending! Is the premise that ultimately all four of them were bedwetters? I’d love to hear a translation of that conversation at the end!

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and nwm
That was fun to watch. 😀

Perhaps @Lumen could help with what the conversation at the end meant?

That is a great feel-good short film with good ending and making good friends.

Sgdlboy said:
wow thats interesting , are there any translation ?
Just what I was thinking - interesting anyway - but would be nice if I could actually understand what was being said...

Hi! I will take a look at it tomorrow and translate it for you if you are interested! ;)

Reactions: TigerDL and nwm
The way I see it, the kids learn that it's bedwetter camp.... The endind kinda suggest that even if I did not understand a single word.

Lumen said:
Hi! I will take a look at it tomorrow and translate it for you if you are interested! ;)
Yes please! That would be wonderful!

PCS said:
Yes please! That would be wonderful!

Hi! From when? And do you want me to describe it, or litterally translate it? I think I have some time for it in a few hours! ☺

Reactions: bohemian85
Lumen said:
Hi! From when? And do you want me to describe it, or litterally translate it? I think I have some time for it in a few hours! ☺
That’s very kind. In particular I would be interested in a translation of the conversation between the four boys at the end.

If you have time for a full translation of the whole thing, that would be amazing, but I understand if that’s a bit much.

I'm going to translate it now for you! I'm not that good in English, so look through that! ;)

It's a short movie about a school camp :)

0:22 (with mom in the car)
Mom: don't worry. You have those new pull-ups, right? If you give this letter to the teacher, everything will be alright.

01:15 (bus)
Teacher: are there any children have something to give me? Something for emergency? A letter?
Mean kid: are you scared in the darkk? Do you need a little story before going to bed?

3:45
Kids are screaming 'bedwetter' and 'woodlouse' (woodlouse is pissebed in Dutch, and you also call pee here "piss", and bed speaks for itself...

7:45 - 10:00
Kid: are you going to tell it?
Other kid: what?
Kid: that I'm also a bedwetter
Other kid: it depends
Kid: on what?

(glass of water)
Other kid: what are you doing?
Kid: I can't do it
Other kid: coward
Other kid: the mean kids wears a pull-up
Kid: Najid? No way
Other kid: I swear. Take a look

10:10
Friend Najid: hahaha, silly! A pull-up!
Najid: what are you doing with my stuff?!
Teacher: what are you doing?! stop it!

11:40
Teacher: so... nobody began? Are you well in your mind?! And you did it also in a nature reserve! That's really not something to laugh about. Do you know what this mean to the birds? This kind of jokes? No? I thought so.

Friend Najid: pissebedden
Najid: act normal!
Kid: are YOU such a dry kid?
Other kid: are you someone who's always dry... every night?
Friend Najid: no way! I did sometimes wet my bed when I was young
Other kid: I guess a just a few drops
Friend Najid: it was a big pee!
Kid: one of my nephews once wet his bed for 3 times in one night
Friend Najid: 3 times???
Najid: come, let's go!

Reactions: surprise35, TigerDL, Sgdlboy and 1 other person
Thanks for the translation , looking at the story i somehow feel that the bully seems to be the main character or focal point for some reason lol .

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumen and nwm
Last edited:
Reactions: Lumen and nwm
Back