Does anyone here play educational games?

BlankyBoyAUS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I recall being a kid playing a number of Madeline, Sesame Street, Thomas the Tank Engine, Reader Rabbit, Math Munchers, etc. games on the PC and I remember Elmo’s Number Journey and Letter Adventure (I had the N64 cartridge for the latter game) for N64 and PS1. I realize just how fun it is to learn and to remake childhood memories by playing old educational games such as the ones I just discussed.

Anyone I’d like to know if there’s anyone here that plays educational games from time to time. Can be from PC/Mac/DOS or from a video game console or any other home computer.

Reactions: BigTykes and Magicalgirl101
I like childish games such as the GeoSafari digital learning systems. Additionally, here are some examples of computer-based games that I've played from time to time since I was a child but are still great to play to this day (with some images I included to give you a visual taste for a few of them):

- - - - - -
Pre-School Format Variety Educational Games:

- Millie and Bailey's Pre-School
1685474800761.png
- Richard Scarry's Busy Town
1685475190716.png
- Jump Start Baby
1685474974412.png
- Hello Kitty (Cutie World)
1685475365814.png

- - - - - -
Math Games (For Pre-Schoolers and Elementary Schoolers Alike):

- Math Rescue
1685474489598.png
- Math Workshop
1685474923173.png
- Math Blaster

- - - - - -
Various Educational Games For Elementary & Middle Schoolers Alike:

- Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiago? (Mystery Game)
- Professor Fizzwizzle (Puzzle Game)
- The Even More Incredible Machine (Puzzle Game)
1685475504383.png
- Oregon Trail (Adventure Game)
1685475593111.png
- A+ Geography
- Chips Challenge (Puzzle Game)
1685475678717.png
- Sim City 2000
1685475789805.png

Reactions: wetaccident
On a whim I tried out jump start first grade a few months ago, played it as a kid, absolute nostalgia. Love sim city 2000 as well. Played a lot of reader rabbit games as a kid but havent touched them since

Reactions: wetaccident
Oh man, I played so much Sim City 2000 and Sim Farm. Even Sim Ant! Many, many happy hours playing at the computer either by myself or with my best friend working on a city together.

I also very well remember playing Oregon Trail on the school computer. I can't really remember any others in particular at the moment although I'm sure there were a few more.

Reactions: BigTykes and TaviBirb
I had so many educational games. Cluefinders and Jumpstart to name a few. I would love to find out how to play them again, but my laptop doesn't have a disk reader even if I obtained a disk of it.

Back