Does anyone here only use their diaper?

limelynx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Just curious if their is anyone here that only uses their diaper, and not the toilet? I have been using my diaper full time now, for about 4 years. It is a pain, but I have learned to deal with it. I was wondering if there is anyone else that is similar, and how you are dealing with it?

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Jorelaxed, TeddyBunny and 5 others
I do have occasional bowel issues where the diaper will help I am fully bladder incontinent but I do try to use the toilet for my normal bowel release

Reactions: Jorelaxed, TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and 2 others
dpcare said:
I do have occasional bowel issues where the diaper will help I am fully bladder incontinent but I do try to use the toilet for my normal bowel release
I’m the same way. IBS can be no joke

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I haven't used toilet in 8 years.... once you start peeing or pooping its impossible to get a diaper off and make it onto the the toilet without making a mess, its just easier to go in the diaper and cleanup when done,....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed, TeddyBunny, NorthwestDiaperDude and 2 others
I have been 24/7, U-IC for nearly 46 years and have worked hard to maintain what little control I have. This allows an extended skin dry-out time, which helps greatly in staving-off diaper rash. As a result, I strongly recommend attempting to maintain as much for as long as possible. Plus, these tiny wins bring a smile to my face.

Reactions: moorey, TeddyBunny, sledder23 and 6 others
I use the toilet to poop most of the time. Lately i been having some BM accidents. I still do the pee before you leave. And when you get there if i can go.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I use my nappy most of the time to pee as I have hardly any bladder control. I dont mess though

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Edgewater and 1 other person
I've found that I have become more reliant on my nappy over the last few years too almost exclusively for pee but if I can't make it to the toilet I will poo too but I try and avoid it if possible because I don't like clean up process

Reactions: Diprs2
Using a toilet isn’t an option for me as I rarely have any warning that I’m in need of using one in dealing with my dual ic and I’ve been diapered 24/7 for over 8 years now. After a couple of years of refining the products and methods that I use I’ve found what works well for me and using toilets has become a thing of my distant memory. Considering the abominable condition of many of the restrooms in the public arena I don’t feel that bad about my situation plus all the money that I’m saving on toilet paper, toilet cleaner, and water for flushing helps to offset the cost of diapering products.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny and Edgewater
I only have bladder issues, luckily, following a spinal injury 35+ years ago that initially left me wetting the bed but then subsequent spinal problems caused day time issues too and I now wear nappies 24/7. I don’t have any feeling of needing to wee and so can only tell I am when I feel my nappy getting wet. I do try and stop myself weeing but it is only temporary as I cannot hold it and so I do just use my nappy. On the plus side I don’t have stop for a wee on long car journeys! Sometimes I wake up at night when my nappy is wet and I will change into a dry nappy. More often than not , I am half conscious of waking at night when my nappy is wet, and if I need to go again, normally early in the morning, I will use my nappy. When I do wake up properly, as soon as I get up I will wet again. Thank goodness for Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit which I find very absorbent.

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed, TeddyBunny and 2 others
I mostly use my diaper for all #1 & #2 business, and things have been this way for about a year now. I try to have a bowel movement in the toilet as part of my morning routine, but it’s not super consistent and I still have accidents in my diaper during the day time.

Reactions: Diprs2, paul484819, TeddyBunny and 1 other person
limelynx said:
Just curious if their is anyone here that only uses their diaper, and not the toilet? I have been using my diaper full time now, for about 4 years. It is a pain, but I have learned to deal with it. I was wondering if there is anyone else that is similar, and how you are dealing with it?
I also use full time. It would be nice to have a Daddy or Brother to help wiff changues but a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do lol 😆

Reactions: pmypamper and Diprs2
BabyTyke2 said:
I also use full time. It would be nice to have a Daddy or Brother to help wiff changues but a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do lol 😆
I been using fully for about 10 years now

Reactions: pmypamper and Diprs2
BabyTyke2 said:
It would be nice to have a Daddy or Brother to help wiff changues but a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do lol 😆
This is a comment nobody wants to read in Incontinence Section of ADISC! For those Adult Baby forum is the right one, but not here!!!

• Love
Reactions: Petya217, Rednkweldr, mirrored22 and 7 others
fancydancey said:
I mostly use my diaper for all #1 & #2 business, and things have been this way for about a year now. I try to have a bowel movement in the toilet as part of my morning routine, but it’s not super consistent and I still have accidents in my diaper during the day time.
You're not the only one. Wetting occurs during the day and at night. BM accidents are mostly when sleeping or during the morning. Both happens when I'm wearing a diaper. I haven't used a toilet for years. Though it would be nice if they did.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Deleted member 59603 and 1 other person
well, i say that you try to keep any control you can, i have tried to keep any and all control that i can over the years, and yes that is not much anymore, but i can make the toilet from time to time, and usually only BM ever few days (yes that is a problem with OIC) and i can most the time make the toilet for this, even if i do get a bit in the diaper i do try to get the mojority in the loo as much as i can.

At some point you will most likely want some bit of control, if even the ability to hold onto something for 1 min to make a toilet and save a large cleaning process, and by totally letting anything just go it will be hard to impossible to bring back the control you have lost at some point. and i do know that having some air out time helps my skin and having the ability to do this really helps, and a rash is not fun for me.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Edgewater and 1 other person
Yes, that toilet is way more convenient than a full clean up.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Bigbabybret and 1 other person
I’m fully diaper/ aide dependent since I can’t start or stop my bowels , I am on medication that induces soft large frequent movements about 6 X’s a day there is nothing that can be done to prevent a full diaper as the outcome .

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and TeddyBunny
Tetra said:
I’m fully diaper/ aide dependent since I can’t start or stop my bowels , I am on medication that induces soft large frequent movements about 6 X’s a day there is nothing that can be done to prevent a full diaper as the outcome .
As you well know, Incontinence is caused by a multitude of sources. Yours has very little to no pre-knowledge and having your diaper in place, at all times, is important. Whereas, my form allows occasional pre-knowledge of a urine release and commonly knowledge of a BM. My goal in providing my statement was to encourage those that do have occasional pre-knowledge to use the toilet when possible.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Zeke
Edgewater said:
occasional pre-knowledge of a urine release and commonly knowledge of a BM. have occasional pre-knowledge to use the toilet when possible.
To be honest, even if I know something is happening, I rarely have the time to get to a toilet. The urgency is usually too fast and growing strong. Obviously I have no idea what happens when I'm sleeping. But when I'm awake I always feel it coming though it's like 10 seconds to a minute. I can't remember the last time I tried to get to a toilet. I hate to say this but I simply let it go. I'm comfortable letting it happen. Wetting isn't a problem unless it's a flash flood or having my diaper having a leak. BM's are completely different. At least when it's during the day. Thankfully most of mine are sleeping or the morning. At that point I try to relax, have release and change when it's convenient. During the day? I'm glad they are rare but when it happens I try to get home when I can. Trying to use a toilet? That's funny.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Back