Does anyone else find it hard to sleep with a dummy (pacifier)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lemut said:
I use a full sized dummy and have no problem with sleeping. I just find it very soothing. Out of a week I would say I find it still in place about 4 nights out of 7.
My ratio is higher than that at least 90% of the week.. I love my passifier and rarely ever spit it out during sleep.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and RachelOlivia
Yeah I do find it hard to sleep with a pacifier. It just ends up falling out anyways even with a clip and it makes my teeth numb for some reason.

• Thinking
Reactions: Canadoodle and BobbiSueEllen
Kittyinpink said:
My ratio is higher than that at least 90% of the week.. I love my passifier and rarely ever spit it out during sleep.
On the odd occasion I sleep alone, my dummy stays in all night.
Love those nights. 😊

• Love
Reactions: Canadoodle, BobbiSueEllen and Kittyinpink
Richpip said:
On the odd occasion I sleep alone, my dummy stays in all night.
Love those nights. 😊
Yes. I don't do relationships.. so I always alone... my pacifier is lovely friend! Including green monkey of course....

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Only problem is that I sometimes wake up if I loose it 😱

• Thinking
Kittyinpink said:
Yes. I don't do relationships.. so I always alone... my pacifier is lovely friend! Including green monkey of course....
I would say lucky you, but if I had to choose it would be wife over dummy!

• Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker and BobbiSueEllen
Kittyinpink said:
Yeah.. I kinda get withdrawal symptoms! When I'm riding to work, I know my passifier is missing....
I drive to work with one in my mouth.

• Love
Reactions: RachelOlivia and Kittyinpink
lilzander382 said:
I drive to work with one in my mouth.
Went to visit my mum yesterday. Two 2 hour drives. Dummy all the way, except when I was smoking.

• Love
Richpip said:
Went to visit my mum yesterday. Two 2 hour drives. Dummy all the way, except when I was smoking.
And nappied all day of course.
Lovely day.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Kittyinpink
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and RachelOlivia
I sleep with one, well, I fall asleep with it in my mouth and usually falls out after I'm asleep. I use the largest MAM baby size that you can get at target (I think it's 16+ months). I also used a pacifier until I was 7 years old, I didn't need braces or a retainer, and I show no evidence (still) of needing braces now using pacifiers in adulthood (i'm in my 20s).

• Love
trevy said:
I sleep with one, well, I fall asleep with it in my mouth and usually falls out after I'm asleep. I use the largest MAM baby size that you can get at target (I think it's 16+ months). I also used a pacifier until I was 7 years old, I didn't need braces or a retainer, and I show no evidence (still) of needing braces now using pacifiers in adulthood (i'm in my 20s).
Mam is a lovely pacifier! Was my favourite until I discovered NRU.. really you must buy yourself a adult pacifier from Internet. They soo good! Probably won't fall out your mouth. Feel amazing sucking on.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and trevy
I hate not having a dummy, I sleep with it every night and take it on long car rides, I lo e my dummy

• Love
Kittyinpink said:
Mam is a lovely pacifier! Was my favourite until I discovered NRU.. really you must buy yourself a adult pacifier from Internet. They soo good! Probably won't fall out your mouth. Feel amazing sucking on.
I have a mam with adult sized guard and teat, got it from Pacifiers r us

• Love
Pacifiers don't really do anything special for me, but I do sleep with one and always wake up with it in my mouth still.

I use it instead of a mouth guard to prevent grinding my teeth lol.

• Love
It took awhile but once I got used to it I cannot sleep without my paci.

• Love
I have an easier time with the pacifier with the longer teat. The suction then is in a different area and it’s more comfortable to sleep with.

Pacifiersrus sells the longer teat pacifiers

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Tinkerbell07
Tarot said:
I have an easier time with the pacifier with the longer teat. The suction then is in a different area and it’s more comfortable to sleep with.

Pacifiersrus sells the longer teat pacifiers
They're great hey

• Love
I can't sleep well without a pacifier! I love mine...the first pacifier I used was the ol' stand-by, the generic Nuk 6. It's good but the floppy ring bothered me a bit...didn't stop me from collecting 26 more of all different colors, though... 🤭

A bit later, I found a guy on eBay from Slovakia who makes Mam pacifier shield/button kits in ten different colors...and they're almost 30% larger than toddler Mams...

AB MAM blue compare.PNG

...and he offers latex & silicone nipples, too! So I ordered four kits and four silicone Nuk-style nipples. When they arrived, I cleaned, sanitized, assembled and tried 'em...what a difference! Light, airy, simple, no floppy ring, colorful, cute...and incredibly comfy. I ordered 9 more (to mix the shields & buttons around) and love 'em all.

I hardly use the "floppies" anymore, I utterly love my MegaMams! 🤗🥰🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 62550 and Happy2BeInNappies2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back