Does anyone else find it hard to sleep with a dummy (pacifier)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Oreo said:
My mouth gets very dry and I feel pressure on my teeth. In the end I just give up.
I get that. At first for me it took a while to find the right ones. The actual baby ones were always too small and the adult ones seemed to be too big. I ended up switching out the bit on the bigger one to one a little smaller. Shop around! You'll find something. Don't give up, unless if you really hate it. Your not less of a AB if you don't use a dummy

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
trevy said:
I sleep with one, well, I fall asleep with it in my mouth and usually falls out after I'm asleep. I use the largest MAM baby size that you can get at target (I think it's 16+ months). I also used a pacifier until I was 7 years old, I didn't need braces or a retainer, and I show no evidence (still) of needing braces now using pacifiers in adulthood (i'm in my 20s).
This is the largest MAM pacifier you can find.

• Love
Well for me sometimes I actually have to use one when I go to bed because I have anxiety so bad that I’ve literally grit my teeth to the point where my jaw will hurts and all my teeth will hurt and using a dummy especially an ABDL one With the bigger Nuk is the one that I use.

I will say that it’s something that you do need to get used to and don’t suck on it so hard if it hurts your mouth just hold it in there and like someone else said try to use it and get a routine going and then you’ll get used to it and I do agree with using a pacifier clip so that you don’t lose it in the bed because it does end up falling out of my mouth in my sleep but it certainly helps me to stop gritting my teeth in my sleep and When I’m awake.

Reactions: Kittyinpink, Happy2BeInNappies2, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I bought my first dummy (as an adult) three days ago. I got a pair of Tommee Tippee 18-36m silicon dummies. And I have fallen in love with them, I have no problems keeping them in my mouth all night at all. I’m finding in the mornings, I’ll put off getting up and leave my dummy in until the last possible moment, I wish I could leave the house with it, Yesterday I ordered a pair of ABDL dummies from Rearz, I can’t wait.

For me it was completely natural putting my dummy back in. I’ve always had this habit where I’d subconsciously suck and chew on objects (mainly pens), When I was a kid my mum tried to shame me out it, the doctor said I’d probably grow out of it, but I never did.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and BobbiSueEllen
I really really love my dummy. Can't use it at home (wife issues, she doesn't know) so have to resort to discreetly sucking my thumb in bed. Always make sure I have my dummy when driving alone.

• Love
Richpip said:
I really really love my dummy. Can't use it at home (wife issues, she doesn't know) so have to resort to discreetly sucking my thumb in bed. Always make sure I have my dummy when driving alone.
Thanks BobbieSue😍

• Love
I go to sleep every night with a pacifier in my mouth and a diaper around my butt!

• Love
It depends for me. Some nights I find it easier to sleep with one in, other nights I’d rather do without. I find the nights where I’m more tired, it’s easier to sleep with a paci in

I know there are different kinds and sizes of pacis for different mouths, so most people could probably find one that sits comfortably in their mouth.
But not everyone. I'm worried I won't, because of the positioning of my teeth. when I open my mouth, without even moving my upper lip or anything, my teeth are right in the forefront, and then my bottom row of teeth come up in the front so that, combined with a bit of an overbite, make my bottom front teeth sitting exactly right behind the top row, completely hidden if I pull down my lower lip. So I would need to open my jaw a lot more than I would want it to be in just a resting position to use a pacifier. But I really want to have a babyish thing to put in my mouth once I can get babyish things. Not sure what to do then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back