Doctor and diapers

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I have to go to the doctor today and this will be the first time since he has prescribed diapers for me that he may actually see me in them.
I have been to see him since but this time he may have to look at my legs because that is one of the reasons that I am going to see him. That and lack of energy which I have a feeling that I am going to need a sleep study. I am hopeful that nothing else is really wrong with my legs as I am sure physical therapy might be the fix for that. Hate the idea of surgery but it might be what will keep me on my feet for the next 20 years. Things are going to get interesting if I have to have surgery it could mean being home bound for about six weeks. Which could also mean being almost dependant on diapers for that long while I heal.

My doctor knows I wear diapers 24/7 due to I am bladder and bowel incontinent from a ruptured disc in my lower back. She has seen me quite a few times over the last year in my diaper since I became incontinent and is very understanding of my issue.

Reactions: lilshelly
Hi LilShelly

Don’t be ashamed of being seen in diapers by your doctor - he prescribed them for you so he already knows you wear them. It’s also common for people with disabilities to wear diapers so it’s nothing to be ashamed of.

As for surgery, if it will keep you on your feet for longer, it’s probably worth it in the long run. See if it’s possible to hire a care nurse for your aftercare - they will be used to changing diapers on adults and they will be professional about it. I know from my own experiences that it’s embarrassing to be changed as an adult but it’s nothing to be ashamed of. If you need them, you need them.

I admit that this sounds a bit blunt, but you can handle this.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: lilshelly
Hi dino and tundra just wanted to let you know that my doctor appointment went well. I got wise and decided to wear a dress so he could look at my legs without me having to take my pants off.
I need to talk to him more about trying to get the insurance company to cover my diapers but I had more important things on my mind. I got all my main concerns addressed so that was the goal. I go back in 3 months so he can do a follow-up.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002
Hi Lilshelly, I am glad to hear you appointment went well. As for the insurance companies, you just need to contact your insurance company and see if incontinence products are covered by your policy. If they are, then you just need your doctor to write you a prescription for them. Unfortunately, my insurance policy does not cover them.

Last edited:
Tundra1975 said:
Hi Lilshelly, I am glad to hear you appointment went well. As for the insurance companies, you just need to contact your insurance company and see if incontinence products are covered by your policy. If they are, then you just need your doctor to write you a prescription for them. Unfortunately, my insurance policy does not cover them.
Mine will but I have to reach my deductible which is quite high before they will help and then I have to go through their list of providers and they are all local no internet.
So far the worst to come out of that appointment is I have to do a sleep study.

i have no need for them and i went to my non reg dr for other matters but i had a reaction to meds to have a full body rash that they had to see me in diapers they asked about them prior and they were abdl diapers i said i was fine and it was a comfort thing and nothing else was said or asked , so if u need them they dont bat an eye even if i dont need and wear

Yeah, if not incontinent you really shouldn’t be doing it just for the thrill of being seen, but if it really is your everyday underwear it’s not for doctors to make judgements on...

Back