Do you wake-up in the night with a BM accident?

greatlake5 said:
Your routine (very regular) where you have one large BM during a 24 hours, sounds uncomfortably.. I could say that 85% of these are for me. When I get up in the morning it's "usual." But when it doesn't, day time accidents ruin the day. Thankfully it doesn't happen daily. But I get enough of them that I use daily internal deodorants (and yes, plastic pants - which I'm not fond of). Certainly BM accidents are the condition of my IC.

Without giving you "personal" questions, how do you deal with these kind of daytime accidents. When I was younger, BM accidents where horrendous. It's not as bad today. But they still worry me.

The Galway woman (my mom), would ask "did you ... fill your diaper?", and would meet me at school and took me back home. It took at least for an hour for a clean-up and a shower. Even with a fresh diaper change I never wanted to go back to school. Ever. But I did. How I got through this I'd rather not remember. When I look back I cringe. Today I think I'm better prepared for these kind of accidents.

I think the condition of being IC unequivocally hurts all of F-IC people. Do you get through the accidents? I would think most of us move on as quickly as possible. But sometimes it just doesn't help.

Now that I'm older (and I rarely mess during the day), getting through the day usually doesn't bother me. I would think that you must have had the same experiences.
Well, they're fortunately very rare. If it happens I'll just excuse myself and change and I would usually prefer to head home after that depending where I was at the time.
I don't feel confident that my cleanup would be enough to do the job and then come back to socializing or working. A daytime accident isn't likely to be a very large BM thankfully. A true emptying of the bowels would be a different story and I'd rather not worry about that unless it happens.

Reactions: Deleted member 59603, greatlake5 and jessraven
Not as yet ,but do regularly need to go about 20 mins after getting up in morning

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
greatlake5 said:
Your routine (very regular) where you have one large BM during a 24 hours, sounds uncomfortably.. I could say that 85% of these are for me. When I get up in the morning it's "usual." But when it doesn't, day time accidents ruin the day. Thankfully it doesn't happen daily. But I get enough of them that I use daily internal deodorants (and yes, plastic pants - which I'm not fond of). Certainly BM accidents are the condition of my IC.

Without giving you "personal" questions, how do you deal with these kind of daytime accidents. When I was younger, BM accidents where horrendous. It's not as bad today. But they still worry me.

The Galway woman (my mom), would ask "did you ... fill your diaper?", and would meet me at school and took me back home. It took at least for an hour for a clean-up and a shower. Even with a fresh diaper change I never wanted to go back to school. Ever. But I did. How I got through this I'd rather not remember. When I look back I cringe. Today I think I'm better prepared for these kind of accidents.

I think the condition of being IC unequivocally hurts all of F-IC people. Do you get through the accidents? I would think most of us move on as quickly as possible. But sometimes it just doesn't help.

Now that I'm older (and I rarely mess during the day), getting through the day usually doesn't bother me. I would think that you must have had the same experiences.

/
Your experience in school was so much worse than my OAB. I can only imagine what it would be like. Having fecal IC almost daily in school it sure would be tough, kids are so damn mean! I used belted depend garments in middle school but I had a permanent bathroom pass that let me out of class anytime I wanted because the doctor did not want me to try and hold it. So I could change when everyone else was in class. Of course it was pee and it did not get bad until middle school. But me having fecal incontinence now it was a game changer and I have great respect for you.

But it made you the person you are today. It sounds like you are doing well and have a great girl that respects and understands you. All that bull shit then made you a better person now. You have compassion and respect for people that most people do not have. Just live in today and forget the past. I have not been to 1 class reunion and I graduated in 94.

Soggy247 said:
My gf has a bm over night at least 3 times a week. She tends to sleep through also. She is very embarrassed about it, but i do my best to make her feel ok. I think its the smell that she gets embarrassed by.Hahn
Nullo. Have her take some and will deodorise. Othe wise just be supportive and love her. She will come around more.

Only if it is a blowout situation.. if contained in the brief i wont wakeup. If it has migrated up and out the back I'll wake due to cold wet back.

Yes, in my case i do have also most of BM during night, in part caused by medication I take that causes nightmares very often which augment a lot the possibilities of bowel accident. And also, as many of you do I don’t change immediately, instead I turn side and keep sleeping until it’s time to wake up. Sometimes I don’t even awake but normally I do because of the nightmares. Thanks for sharing, it’s very enriching and liberating to hear your experience as it is to speak about yours, too. Regards to everyone!

Reactions: Diaperman95 and jessraven
I had a scare recently. I recently had a dream where I was in need of an urgent BM. In the dream I found a toilet but decided that it was too dirty to use and continued searching. Had I used it, I think it would have had real world repercussions! Thankfully, the dream morphed into something else until I did wake up later. I was able to put off that BM until I got up later on. (whew)

Reactions: LordDuque
DiaperDiva said:
I usually sleep through the night, through my BM. It don’t wake up when it is happening, and any discomfort after doesn’t wake me up either.

If I wake up for some reason in the night and I have already messed, I have no trouble falling back asleep. Changing can wait for the morning especially if I can expect I will continue messing.

In the morning I’ll push to make sure I am finished and then change shortly after.
Same for mine

greatlake5 said:
Sometimes I'll awake and I know it's uncomfortable but I'm too sleepy to change my diaper. In the early morning I just clean-up and hit the shower.
Funny that sometimes I'm sleeping but I'm dreaming. It feels kind of odd when I wake-up and I can feel a load in my diaper. I must have dreamed it when I was pooping. By then I'm too sleepy and just go back to sleep. When I get up I'm surprised about I was dreaming it but then I remember. Most of the time I don't remember my dreams. But these I do.

Well I woke up yesterday in a very stick poop diaper. I did not even realize until I rolled over to hug the wife and she asked... "is that me or did you shit"? I was like it must be you as she checks her ostomy but then she goes "it is sealed good and I changed it last night before bed it has to be you". Sure enough she was right it was me and I never knew it happened. I think it was a pretty wet one but the juicy part had soaked into the mega max while a sleep so when I woke I did not have that greasy wet feeling I normally have around my anus. My stomach was a bit borderline when I went to bed. So Hind sight I should of done a enema or suppository first. Man this poop shit keeps happening more and more I had a near miss earlier barely making it to the porcelain thrown at the bowling alley. I rolled a few games and as leaving that urge hits again. I made it home and keys in the door and let out the hugest longest wet fart lost a little, then as I make it down the hall grabbed a diaper and chux pad out of my hall way diaper closet and kick my shoes off and dropped my jeans and as I stepped out of the jeans I just erupted. Then to compound it worse My stomach and the gastroparesis made me start throwing up repeatedly so I lean over the toilet throwing up and every time I am heaving I could just fill more and more coming out. Wow what I clean up it was. It seams it almost always happens when I already feel sick and I am tired of fucking with diapers but don't dare go without any. This fecal IC seams to be getting worse not better.

• Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 59603, Omg301, slimjiminy and 1 other person
if wet it depends on how wet like if i wake up soaked i will change but for messy i always change right away

Diaperman95 said:
Well I woke up yesterday in a very stick poop diaper. I did not even realize until I rolled over to hug the wife and she asked... "is that me or did you shit"? I was like it must be you as she checks her ostomy but then she goes "it is sealed good and I changed it last night before bed it has to be you". Sure enough she was right it was me and I never knew it happened. I think it was a pretty wet one but the juicy part had soaked into the mega max while a sleep so when I woke I did not have that greasy wet feeling I normally have around my anus. My stomach was a bit borderline when I went to bed. So Hind sight I should of done a enema or suppository first. Man this poop shit keeps happening more and more I had a near miss earlier barely making it to the porcelain thrown at the bowling alley. I rolled a few games and as leaving that urge hits again. I made it home and keys in the door and let out the hugest longest wet fart lost a little, then as I make it down the hall grabbed a diaper and chux pad out of my hall way diaper closet and kick my shoes off and dropped my jeans and as I stepped out of the jeans I just erupted. Then to compound it worse My stomach and the gastroparesis made me start throwing up repeatedly so I lean over the toilet throwing up and every time I am heaving I could just fill more and more coming out. Wow what I clean up it was. It seams it almost always happens when I already feel sick and I am tired of fucking with diapers but don't dare go without any. This fecal IC seams to be getting worse not better.
Sorry to hear that. :"( It seems to only get worse over time. We're here for you during your struggles. And I'm not IC but sympathize.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95
Thank you It is what it is, I am just going to do what I have to do! If that means diapers 24/7then so be it. I am not loosing sleep over it. Thank you & all of you that are supportive members!!!! :love:

Reactions: Omg301
greatlake5 said:
Most of the time I sleep like a rock. But every once in a while I'll awake. And it's when I felt a load in my diaper. Most of the time I have BM accidents when I'm sleeping and I don't notice until the next morning. Sometimes I'll awake and I know it's uncomfortable but I'm too sleepy to change my diaper. In the early morning I just clean-up and hit the shower.

Do IC people wake-up in the night and try to change yourself? I admit that I rarely change myself until it's in the morning. Do you go back to sleep?
I don't often wake up these days if I have a BM accident overnight. If I do, I usually wait until morning for a change.

I've never woke up with a messy diaper, but when I got to bed with an upset stomach, I'll wear a diaper so I can get some actual rest. Usually, I use the toilet a few times before bed, then diaper myself. In the middle of the night, I may wake up and have to go. I'll mess my diaper and go back to sleep. When I wake up, I feel refreshed in a poopy diaper. As long as I don't have diaper rash, I like the feeling of waking up in a dirty diaper

I have woken up to a bowel accident a few times, and aside from the immediate unpleasantness, it is generally not a full bm so I still have to follow my usual morning routine. Often if I have an accident overnight, I then have an accident later on in the day it’s almost like my bowels get off schedule and take a day to reset.

Back