Do you use a changing pad with a table or a bed?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Do you use a changing pad or a bed? Or do you change standing up? I've read both ways. As an adult IC, I prefer changing at home in my own bathroom. And I stand up when I remove the diaper, clean up and shower (if I had a dirty diaper). And sometimes I dry after a shower and lay the changing pad on the bed. Then I diaper myself on the bed. So I suppose I do this both ways. During the day I again prefer to use my own personal business office and bathroom. At that point I usually stand up for changing.

In public? I hate public bathrooms but sometimes you have to (a really soaked diaper and the chance of a leak). Typically I don't carry a backpack with supplies I need. I do have an emergency pack in my car. I know about how long I'll be out. And I try to wear the right type of diaper (quality disposable, booster, plastic pant and compression shorts or a pocket diaper and inserts). Rarely do I need a change in public.

Sometimes my partner is here during the weekend and she likes to change me before we go to bed (never in the morning because I normally have a loaded diaper while sleeping). In the beginning I never let her change me but now I'm more comfortable now (and I admit I like it too). She likes to lay the changing pad and get me lying back on my diaper. Then she spreads my butt (and privates) with ointment) and then diaper me. Being a capable adult I usually don't like that. But there's something about being diapered and it makes me feel like a kid. Much like my mom did.

So which way for changing yourself? Changing pad on the table or the bed? Or do you stand up? And why?

Reactions: EcoIncon
Standing almost always. Never really thought about why... it's just the way I've always done it.

When my left arm was injured I'd lay on the bed to change but that was just as a way of keeping my diaper in place.

greatlake5 said:
In public? I hate public bathrooms but sometimes you have to (a really soaked diaper and the chance of a leak). Typically I don't carry a backpack with supplies I need. I do have an emergency pack in my car. ...
I don't carry supplies either since my F-IC episodes are rare, but I've had some close calls. The accidents at home I just go into the bathroom and stand in shower. Then shower after removal. I dread the day when I might have to change in public (diarrhea is so hard to clean up!)

When I go out for any length of time, I prepare for the worst allowing me to get home if there is a mess. I hate preparing for the worst, yet I know it's going to happen one day.

Back