Do you think your little personality is your true self?

Do you feel like your little side is your true self?

• Total voters
Edgewater said:
As a 24/7, U-IC and a true vanilla, I live in that hard, cold Real World 24/7. And, yes I am a Type 'A' personality, yes an asshole as being a jerk is just not being aware of the world around themself.

And, to be honest, I would not have it any other way!
Fair enough. You're very harsh but your words are also very true at times. This might be weird to say but In some ways you remind me of my grandmother.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Visitor2Earth said:
Adulting is difficult, but we must function in the “big boy world” in order to live, eat, pay our bills….and finance the “little” purchases that are even MORE necessary for us!

Vanilla people buy liquid comfort (alcohol) and/or drugs to help them to cope in the difficult adult world….we buy diapers and other “little” stuff.

I don’t know about you, but I’d rather relax using a simple diaper than use booze, nicotine and/or other drugs to relax!
Very true.

Visitor2Earth said:
Adulting is difficult, but we must function in the “big boy world” in order to live, eat, pay our bills….and finance the “little” purchases that are even MORE necessary for us!

Vanilla people buy liquid comfort (alcohol) and/or drugs to help them to cope in the difficult adult world….we buy diapers and other “little” stuff.

I don’t know about you, but I’d rather relax using a simple diaper than use booze, nicotine and/or other drugs to relax!
Not true for the majority of us Vanilla folks as some of us like the World straight on with no support tools.

Reactions: Visitor2Earth
Visitor2Earth said:

Yup! Never liked these substances anyway.

Reactions: Visitor2Earth
Yes but I think that is part of my ASD and i don't see it as ABDL. I have always been younger than my chronical age. I do fine as the adult me until I get very stressed out, then the little side wants to come out. I have always been this way. I'm on SSDI for a reason. I still work part time and attend to my kids.

Reactions: Tangela and Visitor2Earth
My little side is a part of me. It is not my whole self, because there are things that I enjoy about being an adult, and there are things I don't like about being an adult.

My little side helps me when I am feeling overwhelmed with adulting, and it helps me refocus with life. Yes, I love every part of being little from diapers, mommy cuddles, toys, etc. There is nothing I would give up from it. Yes, there are times that I wish I could be little again. It would be fun, but I know it won't happen again. I am ok with it. I will take the time I have being little, and I will enjoy it when I can be little.

I can’t say Abdl is my personality but definitely being a DL is my personality. I can’t go without my diapers. There to apart of my life any more.

Reactions: mistykitty
Cottontail said:
Hmm. I'm not really sure how to answer. I guess I'll put "yes," although to be clear that doesn't mean that my big side isn't my true self. They're both parts of a whole.
I agree, big me and little me are 2 parts that make a whole.

Reactions: mistykitty and safaridaze
KittyninjaW said:
Basically everyone has a personality they like to fulfill while being a adult, but it kinda is hard to pretend to be big when everything is hard to deal with. Anyway, I feel being little allows us to be our true selves unfiltered from being a adult and just be ourselves. At least it is for me, it may not be for others and I want to know your thoughts?
My little side is definitely a safety valve to me,
and when it opens I often wet myself, it's not sexual in any way at the beginning, but it can become more or less sexual while I am trying to sooth myself...

Sometimes I think it's alter-ego-by-degree: much of mine is based on actuality, some of it on things I've always wanted to be. And now's the time to try 'em out. 🥰🤗🥳

Reactions: mistykitty and BBBen
I nevar considered that I HAVE a "little" personality. Perhaps that has been an incorrect assumption. All my life I have wondered where I fit in.

I'm high functioning asd, physically clumsy, and incontinent I still have trouble understanding some jokes and responding to social cues. I am a loyal friend but don't make friends easily. I wear diapers and onesies but not babyish ones. Around the house I wear granny dresses because they're comfortable. So does my sister. No makeup or anything like that. But I wear pants, a shirt, and a sweater most of the time when we go out.

When my sister was widowed a few years ago, we moved into an apartment together. We're good company for each other. Her kids and grandkids visit and we visit them, but they have their lives and we have ours. When I was a boy, my sister was like a second mom. Now we're supposed to be just roommates, but it feels like we're sliding into old patterns sometimes.

I do enjoy a binky (the 18-24 month size, though, not the adult-sized ones.) And when my sister gets nostalgic about "the good old days when we were kids" she can convince me to let her feed me a bottle filled with Ensure without much objection from me. She has said she'd like to start taking care of bathing, diapering, and dressing me, but so far I have resisted that idea. But it's sounding more and more tempting.

So maybe I am a little. I don't know. Littles and old people are sometimes more alike than I had realized .

Reactions: BBBen, longallsboy and TeeMousy
Freddie07601 said:
I nevar considered that I HAVE a "little" personality. Perhaps that has been an incorrect assumption. All my life I have wondered where I fit in.

I'm high functioning asd, physically clumsy, and incontinent I still have trouble understanding some jokes and responding to social cues. I am a loyal friend but don't make friends easily. I wear diapers and onesies but not babyish ones. Around the house I wear granny dresses because they're comfortable. So does my sister. No makeup or anything like that. But I wear pants, a shirt, and a sweater most of the time when we go out.

When my sister was widowed a few years ago, we moved into an apartment together. We're good company for each other. Her kids and grandkids visit and we visit them, but they have their lives and we have ours. When I was a boy, my sister was like a second mom. Now we're supposed to be just roommates, but it feels like we're sliding into old patterns sometimes.

I do enjoy a binky (the 18-24 month size, though, not the adult-sized ones.) And when my sister gets nostalgic about "the good old days when we were kids" she can convince me to let her feed me a bottle filled with Ensure without much objection from me. She has said she'd like to start taking care of bathing, diapering, and dressing me, but so far I have resisted that idea. But it's sounding more and more tempting.

So maybe I am a little. I don't know. Littles and old people are sometimes more alike than I had realized .

There seems to be a lot of people with Autism who are adult babies. I don't exactly qualify as an adult baby because I don't wear diapers although I've been told there are adult babies that don't wear diapers, although it would be more unusual. I do have a lot of childlike / childish inclinations and interests. I also have Classic Autism - and also ADHD. I just wonder if being Autistic predisposes people to become adult babies. I've also known of other people who are adult babies (both Autistic and not Autistic) who became that way because they were bullied so much in school from elementary school to high school and even in college or university. I got bullied badly by others most of my life. I never really got along well with people my age (especially in the teen years and college years) because they kept bullying me, and that drove me away from them and actually resulted in me playing with and being friends with young children (although I did have elderly friends like grandparent like figures and old college instructors). I think I might have hung around toddlers and preschoolers too much and that did nothing to help my mind mature. I think bullying can also make victims "regress" and end up becoming more like a child as well. Could there be more Autistic people who are adult babies as a percentage of Autistic people as a whole, because we get bullied so much?? I think the answer may be, sadly, yes. Also, the elderly psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Autism many years ago (he passed away 2 years ago at age 89) mentioned to me that a lot of Autistic people have friends in the age extremes - which means young children or elderly people - because they generally aren't as judgmental and are more accepting at that age. He also told me a reason for that may be because the age extremes are the closest to God you can get. What he meant was that toddlers just came from God, and elderly people are going back to God soon. So they tend to be more understanding, as God is supposed to be more understanding and accepting. And I guess usually developmentally disabled people who function emotionally and socially or intellectually like preschoolers are also like that. Like those with Down Syndrome and those with more moderate Classic Autism like me (more severe than those who have much higher functioning Autism, or what used to be called Asperger's). Considering how I have been bullied all my life, I'm actually quite forgiving, but I think I got bullied too much so it affected my mental health, and social and emotional age.

Do you think Autistic people tend to be more in the adult baby realm because they are bullied? The number of adult babies I see who have Autism is rather alarming. I would say Autistic people make up 1-2% of the world population as a whole, but there is definitely overrepresentation among Autistics in the adult baby community.

I don't wear diapers, but I like children's cartoons, children's clothing that is more traditional like longalls / jon jons, T strap shoes / Mary Janes, pacifiers, kiddie amusement park rides, playing tag, and many other things.

- longallsboy

Reactions: KittyninjaW, BBBen and Freddie07601
longallsboy said:
There seems to be a lot of people with Autism who are adult babies. I don't exactly qualify as an adult baby because I don't wear diapers although I've been told there are adult babies that don't wear diapers, although it would be more unusual. I do have a lot of childlike / childish inclinations and interests. I also have Classic Autism - and also ADHD. I just wonder if being Autistic predisposes people to become adult babies. I've also known of other people who are adult babies (both Autistic and not Autistic) who became that way because they were bullied so much in school from elementary school to high school and even in college or university. I got bullied badly by others most of my life. I never really got along well with people my age (especially in the teen years and college years) because they kept bullying me, and that drove me away from them and actually resulted in me playing with and being friends with young children (although I did have elderly friends like grandparent like figures and old college instructors). I think I might have hung around toddlers and preschoolers too much and that did nothing to help my mind mature. I think bullying can also make victims "regress" and end up becoming more like a child as well. Could there be more Autistic people who are adult babies as a percentage of Autistic people as a whole, because we get bullied so much?? I think the answer may be, sadly, yes. Also, the elderly psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Autism many years ago (he passed away 2 years ago at age 89) mentioned to me that a lot of Autistic people have friends in the age extremes - which means young children or elderly people - because they generally aren't as judgmental and are more accepting at that age. He also told me a reason for that may be because the age extremes are the closest to God you can get. What he meant was that toddlers just came from God, and elderly people are going back to God soon. So they tend to be more understanding, as God is supposed to be more understanding and accepting. And I guess usually developmentally disabled people who function emotionally and socially or intellectually like preschoolers are also like that. Like those with Down Syndrome and those with more moderate Classic Autism like me (more severe than those who have much higher functioning Autism, or what used to be called Asperger's). Considering how I have been bullied all my life, I'm actually quite forgiving, but I think I got bullied too much so it affected my mental health, and social and emotional age.

Do you think Autistic people tend to be more in the adult baby realm because they are bullied? The number of adult babies I see who have Autism is rather alarming. I would say Autistic people make up 1-2% of the world population as a whole, but there is definitely overrepresentation among Autistics in the adult baby community.

I don't wear diapers, but I like children's cartoons, children's clothing that is more traditional like longalls / jon jons, T strap shoes / Mary Janes, pacifiers, kiddie amusement park rides, playing tag, and many other things.

- longallsboy
Short answer: I don't know.

Longer answer: For people living anywhere on the autism spectrum, the world can be a confusing, frustrating, unhappy, and even frightening place. Stimming and other behaviors, including creating relationships with stuffies and even becoming diaper dependent, can be viewed as ways to reduce pressure and find some happiness.

Unfortunately, those behaviors often earn us ridicule from others, sometimes including our family members.

SO, when one of us finds a way to create a peaceful, somewhat happy space for ourselves, there is reason to be happy. Especially when what we do harms no one.

I say again that diapers are my happy space. PLEASE understand that this is very important to me, whatever the psychology behind it.

Reactions: Visitor2Earth, BBBen, longallsboy and 1 other person
my little side is a strong part / make up of who i am. this part of me shines through in various ways and degrees depending on the situation. i don't try to control it but instead embrace it. having a string little side allows me to cope much better in life especial stress and anxiety. the cool part is those around me accept it as just me being me. a beautiful thing is i can see fun in just about anything as long as it is not influenced by negativity from others. recently we went to the movies with family members i asked my wife how many were going. she said 4 adults and 4 kids than she smiled and corrected that to say no 3 adults and 5 kids placing me in the kid category. i said cool than you are paying and i get popcorn with a drink (LOL). i believe allowing yourself to just be you as much as possible is important. we judge yourself harder than anyone else will. having a little side is pretty dam cool.

• Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW and BBBen
I put in the middle because I don't think it is 100% of my true self I think my big side is there somewhere but I do feel it probably is at least a large part of my true self. So I would say maybe 60-75% is little and the big side has whatever's left because my little side represent the more fun things about me and the big side is more of my serious attributes. Like many others said previously it's not one or the other both parts make up the whole.

Last edited:
My answer is: kinda.

I don't have a little personality, I don't like to pretend I'm a toddler, etc. I just like to be innocent. I like innocent things, I like talking about video-games, science, nature. I'm super interested in topics like "why the ocean is salty" and "how x works". I like nature and animals. I like being nice and I like some cute things.

Unfortunately for me, I live in a heavily sensual and mischievous culture. Everyone wants to act tough,be manly, individual. People talk about sex as it if is the ultimate goal in life, the more the better. I simply cannot identify with this culture. I feel so out of place everywhere, as if I don't understand what an adult is suppose to like and talk about.

As many other individuals with ASD are reporting, life outside your house is a game of play pretend that you are interest in the things other people are. It's like the ASD brain has this child-like innocence and curiosity that doesn't go away as you grow up. You are just a "child" that now works and it's independent.

I'm not immature by any means. I work, bought a house with my money, do the dishes, pay the bills, know how to work around unexpected situations, and over the years I gave many life advice to others.

I would love to live, or at lest frequent, a place where people are as innocent as me, not because they are naive, but because they feel like it. It's almost impossible to find where I live. In this sense I feel like, yes, my "little" personality is my true self.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen, Freddie07601, Visitor2Earth and 2 others
Tangela said:

I don't have a little personality, I don't like to pretend I'm a toddler, etc. I just like to be innocent. I like innocent things, I like talking about video-games, science, nature. I'm super interested in topics like "why the ocean is salty" and "how x works". I like nature and animals. I like being nice and I like some cute things.

Unfortunately for me, I live in a heavily sensual and mischievous culture. Everyone wants to be tough, manly, individual. People talk about sex as it is the ultimate goal in life, the more the better. I simply cannot identify with this culture. I feel so out of place everywhere, as if I don't understand what an adult is suppose to like and talk about.

As many other individuals with ASD are reporting, life outside your house is a game of play pretend that you are interest in the things other people are. It's like the ASD brain has this child-like innocence and curiosity that doesn't go away as you grow up. You are just a "child" that now works and it's independent.

I'm not immature by any means. I work, bought a house with my money, do the dishes, pay the bills, know how to work around unexpected situations, and over the years I gave many life advice to others.

I would love to live, or at lest frequent, a place where people are as innocent as me, not because they are naive, but because they feel like it. It's almost impossible to find where I live. In this sense I feel like, yes, my "little" personality is my true self.
This describes how I feel pretty similarly

Reactions: BBBen and Tangela
I'm both sides of me, little side and big side. There are things I can do when I'm little that feel natural to me, and things I can only do when I'm big that feel natural to me. For example, watching Bluey when I'm little is a totally different feeling than when I'm big, and I just flat out cannot skateboard when I'm feeling little. Both of these halves of the coins make me a whole gold dollar :)

Reactions: BBBen, mistykitty and KittyninjaW
Tangela said:

Unfortunately for me, I live in a heavily sensual and mischievous culture. Everyone wants to act tough,be manly, individual. People talk about sex as it if is the ultimate goal in life, the more the better. I simply cannot identify with this culture. I feel so out of place everywhere, as if I don't understand what an adult is suppose to like and talk about.

I totally agree!
Adulting is HARD!!!

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and mistykitty
Visitor2Earth said:
I totally agree!
Adulting is HARD!!!
Aggreed! It's very difficult.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and mistykitty
Back