Do you recall the moment that triggered your DL indulgences, or 'where it all began'? (Not fantasy)

I remember opening up to a girl friend of mine when we were both at the age of about 7 or 8 how good it would feel to wear and she agreed and we both shouted I want a nappy on! Loudly continuously for a few minutes. Her parents were confused to hell lol šŸ˜‚

I don't recall the exact time; but, I recall the circumstance. But first, know I have always had a strong pee fetish back to childhood (pre-teen days). Anyway, in 2007 I lost my prostate to cancer. Of course, one of the possible effects is varying degrees of incontinence. I did use guards for about 6 months as I would have stress ic most every day for 2 or 3 months. As time moved on the stress ic completely disappeared and I quit wearing the guards. About 3 years later I was on another social media web site geared to a lot of different fetishes. That was when I first discovered there are a LOT of people who like pee as much as I do; and, a lot of them wear diapers for fun. I'm ignorant in that I had never really considered wearing diapers as a way to enjoy pee. Well, that did it. How on earth could I explain that to my wife? I couldn't. Finally, in 2017 I wet the bed one night. Knowing ic is a possible consequence of losing one's prostate, I immediately told my wife I would be wearing diapers from that night on and she was fine with it. Within 2 weeks I purposely peed a bit in my pants during the day and announced I would be wearing 24/7. It did take me another 3 years to admit to liking to fill my diapers with pee.

In the final analysis, I am more a PL (pee lover) than a DL; but, I really do enjoy wearing them even if I'm not peeing in them (such as when wearing panties). They are just plain comfortable and comforting.

Iā€™ve been drawn to diapers for as long as o can remember. As a kid, I was always hyper fixated on any diaper I came across whether it was a diaper on a toy doll or the diapers on the church nursery. I was a bedwetter until I was 14 and I only stopped because I was tired of being anxious any time I stayed the night somewhere. It wasnā€™t until college that I started ordering adult diapers using them.

Reactions: Nzdiaperboy
My brother was in diapers till age 10ish and that fascinated me. Also I was put back in goodnites when I was about 5 for bed wetting for a few months. When I was about 19 I came across a photo of a girl on intsagram in a old style tena slip maxi and that was the tipping point of becoming DL

Reactions: LuvMyDiapers
There were two important moments in my childhood. I wore Goodnites for bedwetting until I was 12, but the first moment for me came when I was about 7 (I think). I had a dream one night that I wore and used diapers, and when I woke up I knew I wanted them. Strangely it didn't occur to me that I had them in my Goodnites. Not long after I was at my regular daycare, leaving the bathroom when I saw one of the toddlers' diapers on the floor in the hall. I stared at it for a good minute, tempted to take it, but I decided against it since I didn't want to get in trouble.

I had the occasional thought about diapers, but the next major development didn't come until I was 12 when my parents decided it was time for me to stop wearing Goodnites. I resisted at first, making the excuse that I wouldn't know when to go if I was asleep, but I eventually yielded and stayed dry at night afterward. I could have probably been out of them earlier, but I'd gotten in the habit of peeing my Goodnites whenever I woke up. I was officially out of Goodnites at night, but I still had some left over in my closet for a while. Eventually I started sneaking them on in my room and peeing in them. Even messed a little bit once. That was the first time I'd really indulged in my diaper interest.

For me it was past memories of being put back in diapers when I was 8. One day I happened to be on the diaper aisle in a store and I saw a box of Goodnites and I thought to myself my Mom wouldā€™ve prby put those on me too and I actually wanted to get a box of them but was too afraid someone would see me. So instead I waited until it was very late in the day when there were less people around and I walked back up there and bought them. Those were my first ever Goodnites that I wore and I was about 16 then. I would start and stop wearing them occasionally. When I was in college I wore them all time but then stopped because I ran out of them and I just decided to give them a break for awhile which was a big mistake. But in 2018 I started wearing them again and I havenā€™t stopped since. I think wearing them really helped me deal with some anxiety and depression and I donā€™t plan on stopping wearing them either.

Reactions: LuvMyDiapers
This is a bit of a long tale, make a coffee and get your reading glasses.

I was a bedwetter on and off until about 12, but it was never frequent enough to warrant wearing Drynites, so the nights that I didn't wet the bed, I would always wake up really busting to pee, and obviously at age 12-13, my sexuality was developing, and I specifically remember one cold morning, I woke up really needing to go, but it was too cold to get out of bed (I didn't know it at the time, but I was also horny), so I held it for as long as I could, until I let enough of a dribble out to wet the front of my undies, that sparked a connection between being desperate, having damp undies, and being horny. There is also at least one instance that I can remember of waking up in the middle of the night in a wet bed, putting a towel down, and going back to sleep, still in my wet pajamas, kinda wishing I had Drynites or something. I remember mum putting me in a nappy when I was 5 or 6 as a joke (she used nappies as dressings for her horses injured leg while it was weeping), it must have triggered something, because I can still remember it, but that isn't the moment I became a DL, that was more progressive. When I was 14, my parents started renovating the house, starting with my bedroom, so I moved onto the sofa-bed in the living room, which is also where the computer lives, so now I had 24 hour access to the internet. It started with girls wetting themselves, then girls wearing and wetting nappies. I had been using sanitary pads and just wetting my undies over the toilet, I then made my own nappies with paper towels, rubbish bags, and packaging tape (with a pair of scissors nearby to take it off). This all happened between 14-18, but I never got a chance to try "real" nappies as I was living with my parents. One day, when I was 19-20, I was lying in bed with my girlfriend (she was house sitting for a family friend at the time, I wasn't supposed to be there, but we didn't care, no one knew), and we were discussing fantasies and kinks, and I mentioned that I was into wetting, and she said that she had always wanted to try it, so off to the bathroom we went (this house had a wet floor bathroom, so any mess would be washed down the drain), once we were back in the bed (minus undies, they were in a soaking heap in the shower), we continued out talk, and after a long and awkward conversation, I let her know that I really liked nappies, she was super supportive, she wasn't really that into it, but she was really understanding and non judgmental, so the next day we went around a couple of stores and came back with some girls Drynites (I had heard that they are better for more developed boys because the soak pad was lower down), a pack of dummies (Pacifiers for you Americans), and a baby bottle. That night we both slipped on a Drynight each (even though she wasn't that into it, my girlfriend wanted to give it a try in support), and it was heaven, we had a lot of fun that night, and our bodies hurt like crazy the next day. She made a comment of how cute I looked wearing a pink and purple Drynite, and she managed to convince me to wear a pair of her undies (I didn't take much convincing is I'm honest), which progressed to a dress, and even some pink fluffy pajamas, and some more childish garments.

And that is the story of how I became a Straight, Male, Panty/Nappy Wearing/Wetting, Crossdressing, Baby Girl. Probably more info than what OP asked for, but it was a journey.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, CortexDragon, ThatGuyFromThatThread and 6 others
I think I always loved my diapers ever since potty training. I do remember loving when I still needed a high chair at my grandmas and she had a plain wood one and a very cute baby like one. I always got the baby one. Loved it!

Reactions: ThatGuyFromThatThread
I don't think this was what triggered the desires, but I know this is what started getting me interested. I was about 8 years old. From time to time, my parents would mention that I was difficult to potty train, that I would cry and refuse to even try, and that I liked going down the diaper aisle. I was over 3 years old when I did potty train from what I was told, which in 1979, was pretty unusual. As an aside, I apparently didn't talk much until about age 4, but I also had two older siblings, so I would just point to whatever I wanted and they'd get it for me. Apparently, they "talked" for me. Maybe being the youngest, my parents were just lazy, or maybe they were just more laid back and letting me go at my own pace.

I remember being (ironically) horribly embarrassed whenever they would mention this story about my wanting to wear diapers and refusal to potty train. Then one night after my father told this story again at dinner and everyone had a chuckle, I was in the bathroom and went to wash my face. When I wet the washcloth under the sink, I remember thinking to myself "Huh...that almost looks like a diaper being wet (no idea how I would know that, I had no younger siblings and wasn't around any younger kids)...I wonder what it would be like to actually wear one." And just like that, I became obsessed with wanting to be back in diapers.

Makes zero sense to me, but that's what did it.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
Not satisfied with male pattern sexual response as a late teen, I learned Taoist practices to map orgasm to the acts of weeing and pooing.

Fast forward 12-years into marriage I had the pleasure of gastrointestinal surgery (donā€™t eat lightbulbs in Russia after homemade vodka inspired dare šŸ˜) and was sent home in a nappy.

My wife having no idea that Pandoraā€™s box was actually opioids & a 12-pack of hospital-grade 24/7s. ā˜ŗļø

Let the adventures begin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and ChocChip
When I was between the ages of 7 and 11, I remember two instances where I was really interested and tried to sneak wearing a diaper but got caught. I wet the bed until I was 15. My dad threatened to put me in diapers but never did. Way later in life, I had this urge to wet myself. I did with a bunch of towels and it kind of made me realize diapers were my thing. I have gone through the binge and purge cycles but trying to work on that. In the next few days, I should have 30+ diapers arriving and it makes me excited.

I was 16. I had no idea how many people were actually into this or would be in about 10 years. I don't even recall how I found whatever polls I was taking or stories I was reading, over the many years since. All I know is, it got more and more sexual from there.

Before that, I was just a Little.

Not sure what triggered me but I remember when I was 5 or so I just wanted to wear diapers. I used to dumpster dive for them and wear used baby diapers. (Gross, I know). I eventually stopped doing that for probably about 3 years and when I tried it again around age 8, it grossed me out so I somehow managed to get new diapers because I still wanted to wear and use. It was a sad day when I Couldn't to fit the largest baby diaper anymore and even sadder when I outgrew goodnights. Love my Abenas L4s now!

I was about 4 years old and my mom would put rubber pants on me for afternoon naps. I don't think I ever wet in them but I liked the feel of them and the sense of security they gave me. A year or two later, I was not put into rubber pants anymore and I would become very jealous of babies and toddlers who were obviously wearing diapers with (rubber) or plastic pants on. I'm in my 70s now and the thrill of my diapers and baby pants on me is as strong as ever.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and LuvMyDiapers
I recall being about 3 and getting my (cloth) diaper changed by my mom. I wasn't fully potty trained until age 4, but I've always had a fascination with diapers. I don't know why, really.

ThatGuyFromThatThread said:
I was 16. I had no idea how many people were actually into this or would be in about 10 years. I don't even recall how I found whatever polls I was taking or stories I was reading, over the many years since. All I know is, it got more and more sexual from there.

Before that, I was just a Little.
Age 4. Seeing kids around my age wearing diapers, having bedwetting friends at 8 or older, being small enough to still fit in a car seat or high chair, and the explosion since of things like GoodNites and booster seats that could have fit me as a teenager, if not fit an average adult, and a common side-effect I had to certain types of prescriptions being frequent bed and sometimes also pants wetting, started, continued or intensified it.

I don't recall being DL, at all, before 16, even though I was "going through changes" at 12. I wonder why that is.

Reactions: perlFerret
Drifter said:
It took me 30 years of searching as an adult before I ran across a known phenomenon that is responsible for the social/sexual, emotional desires people acquire in their youth that usually last a lifetime. The process is called imprinting. Imprinted desires may manifest themselves early, or the may remain hidden in the subconscious until triggered by something later - like puberty. Imprinting isn't just responsible for unusual desires, but determines many of the "normal" attractions most of us have, like heterosexual or homosexual attractions.

The hallmarks of imprinted characteristics are that they tend to be strong to the point where they feel like they are a part of your identity, not just an acquired taste; they tend to be permanent; they are resistant to psychological "cures" because they are not the result of psychological processes as we understand them; and any objects in the early environment, alive or inanimate, can cause strong attractions to those types of objects later in life, regardless of whether or not those attractions are socially acceptable.

Imprinting research in animals easily produces consistent, repeatable results. Many people who work with animals incorporate the principles learned from that research into their jobs, especially if their jobs involve breeding or reintroducing animals into the wild. Research on humans is restricted for ethical reasons, so you won't find research directly linking things like diaper love or balloon love to imprinting, but the link is obvious: Those are the kinds of things imprinting does.

Yupā€¦ This is exactly what happened to me. My mom helped me satisfy my curiosity at age 5 by taping the diaper I found in the closet on for me because it was a harmless thing to do. She had no way of knowing that for the next several hours of me wearing that diaper was resulting in my very first sexually pleasurable experience. Of course it was only natural for me to ask her for more diapers after the leftovers ran out, and when she decided that I shouldn't wear them because "only babies get to wear diapers", it was too late to erase what had been imprinted in my brain. That was 46 years ago and my sexual desire for diapers is still as strong as ever.

Reactions: Drifter
Imprinting, yes @Drifter ā€” I know the exact moment. Iā€™ve shared it before in a couple of ā€œhow did it startā€ threads, but here it is again.

I was 13, a nerdy, quiet kid, on my tummy in bed one Saturday morning reading an exciting book. I needed to pee pretty badly but my bed was warm, the floor was cold ā€¦ I was just going to finish one more chapter first. And then just one more.

I often delayed going to the bathroom until the last minute. On this day I started wiggling around and pressing myself into the bed to hold it in. The more I delayed the more urgently I was rocking myself against the sheets.

It started to feel really good down there ā€” so much that the feelings were the point and the book was forgotten. With my whole body saying ā€œjust donā€™t stopā€œ and showing me what to do I passed a helpless, blissful point of no return and came in a series of waves in my pyjamas.

And laying there trembling in the afterglow I thought Iā€™d wet myself as that amazing feeling happened, like I so often did when I waited too long as a little boy. And that was a little weird and embarrassing but at that moment the only important thing was whether I could make that feeling happen again. And I consciously lay there and decided that even if I found out I had to lose control and wet my pants like a little kid to get that feeling I was going to do it anyway.

I started rocking and thrusting again and in a couple of moments I was trembling with pleasure, with my eyes and my grin wider and the front of my pyjamas wetter.

It didnā€™t take me long to realize it wasnā€™t pee. But the helpless peak of loss of control sure felt like when Iā€™d peed my pants as a kid. I spent a lot of secret time in my room over the next few days making the feeling happen and finding better and better ways to bring it on. And from the very first moment my memories of losing control and having an accident were with me as I played, remade from embarrassing to very erotic.

I did it for real a few days later. I had to know what it felt like. I made myself desperate, put on two pairs of my underwear, held til I almost couldnā€™t, and completely peed my pants like a little boy. To get myself to let go I imagined being a baby in diapers again, who couldnā€™t help it or stop it. The relief of giving in and the warmth of the pee spreading all through my best-feeling most intimate places was absolutely amazing. It wasnā€™t an orgasm but I gave myself a couple of good ones right then and there through my peed pants.

And so my exploring and fetish began. Iā€™ve been playing with these kinds of feelings ever since.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Fleetwoodmac32192 and Deleted member 53185
It was greed what did it! šŸ˜
I was about seven and bedwetting; my sister, a few years older, also bedwet and I think that my parents thought that they were going to get two birds with one stone by implementing the bedwetting chart thingy.
It was 50p for a dry night; my weekly spends was 50p, so the incentive was there, even if my body wasn't.
I had to find a way of getting the dosh!
I knew nothing about nappies at that point and had to figure it out as I went. We lived in the local shop, so plastic pants were nickable; my first 'nappy' was my red, terry-towelling hooded jumper which I fastened to me with the sleeves tied at the front.
It was all sensory love at first feel and, during one sussing out session, I got the urge to see if it looked as good as it felt by looking at myself in the bedroom mirror. I'd not closed the bedroom door and my sister saw me and I saw her, with her hand over her giggling mouth, in the reflection in the mirror.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
Back