Do you push/strain when having a BM?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm double IC and when I have a BM, most of the time (~ 65%) I'm sleeping. The rest is when it's in the morning (and those rare daytime accidents). Obviously I don't feel anything when sleeping. Sometimes I awake but I'm too sleepy to do anything about it. But in the morning (~30%) I'm well aware when I'm pooping.
As soon as it starts (most is for strong urgency) I push it out. I'm not sure why I do this. Probably just trying to finish or maybe it's just a natural act. Do you push a BM out or do you just let it go with no straining? I'm sure there are some who simply have no control at all. I have some control but they are weak. At least when I'm trying to hold on it. Pushing is easier. I have better control with that. I think I push out a BM as just a natural act. No real pushing but I know I do. The only time I actually push in the morning is when I know I awoke with a load while sleeping. It's just a desire to finish what I had done when I was sleeping. Do you push?

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
greatlake5 said:
I'm double IC and when I have a BM, most of the time (~ 65%) I'm sleeping. The rest is when it's in the morning (and those rare daytime accidents). Obviously I don't feel anything when sleeping. Sometimes I awake but I'm too sleepy to do anything about it. But in the morning (~30%) I'm well aware when I'm pooping.
As soon as it starts (most is for strong urgency) I push it out. I'm not sure why I do this. Probably just trying to finish or maybe it's just a natural act. Do you push a BM out or do you just let it go with no straining? I'm sure there are some who simply have no control at all. I have some control but they are weak. At least when I'm trying to hold on it. Pushing is easier. I have better control with that. I think I push out a BM as just a natural act. No real pushing but I know I do. The only time I actually push in the morning is when I know I awoke with a load while sleeping. It's just a desire to finish what I had done when I was sleeping. Do you push?
In my case, due to the painkillers I take for the spinal injury (OxyContin 50mg/12h) make me with a quite severe constipation which at the same time causes the BM to be much less frequent as consequence. at th same time when I have one I do have to push because if I don‘t I cannot even walk cause the sphincter is so expanded and poop so hard it’s impossible to break it. So, as discreet as possible if you’re in public you have to finish your stuff. In fact sometimes you have even to lower your pants and diaper to create space for it as it like a real stone. At least as I got no sensitivity in one side its less painful and I can seat at least! But I remain optimistic this way at least just happens twice a week or so before it was everyday sometimes more than 1 and you finish a bit tired it’s more difficult to bear than just bladder even if I make my life just as before, but I recognize that bowel issues are harder socially than just pee.

just

Reactions: WendyLittle
LordDuque said:
In my case, due to the painkillers I take for the spinal injury (OxyContin 50mg/12h) make me with a quite severe constipation which at the same time causes the BM to be much less frequent as consequence. at th same time when I have one I do have to push because if I don‘t I cannot even walk cause the sphincter is so expanded and poop so hard it’s impossible to break it. So, as discreet as possible if you’re in public you have to finish your stuff. In fact sometimes you have even to lower your pants and diaper to create space for it as it like a real stone. At least as I got no sensitivity in one side its less painful and I can seat at least! But I remain optimistic this way at least just happens twice a week or so before it was everyday sometimes more than 1 and you finish a bit tired it’s more difficult to bear than just bladder even if I make my life just as before, but I recognize that bowel issues are harder socially than just pee.

just
I was given stool softeners because of the morphine I was given for my back problems, stopped taking it and went a more herbal route for the pain, till got pain, less than before. On a massive plus side, I'm at least have regular (mostly mornings) BM's.

Reactions: LordDuque
WendyLittle said:
I was given stool softeners because of the morphine I was given for my back problems, stopped taking it and went a more herbal route for the pain, till got pain, less than before. On a massive plus side, I'm at least have regular (mostly mornings) BM's.
Wow that’s awesome. Even in the risk of looking like a bit naive, when u speak about herbal I suppose quite convinced that you’re not talking homeopathic but wonderful buds of weed, don’t you?
I use them too, in fact I’m in a relatively low dose and for years thanks to its eff as booster of other drugs (and opiates in particular it’s exaggerated) but black market of course here in Spain it’s illegal (well all Europe except the Netherlands) but just two months ago the medical use has been approved and now they’re with the commission that has to decide who, where and how it’s gonna be distributed. Before Christmas it has to be decided and for sure that I’m one of the kind of patients that I’m absolutely sure will be accepted as “prescriptional “ and th we’ll see. But I’m optimistic and believe that itll be better no matter how.

thanks very much Wendy for sharing the info. Best regards

• Love
Reactions: WendyLittle
LordDuque said:
Wow that’s awesome. Even in the risk of looking like a bit naive, when u speak about herbal I suppose quite convinced that you’re not talking homeopathic but wonderful buds of weed, don’t you?
I use them too, in fact I’m in a relatively low dose and for years thanks to its eff as booster of other drugs (and opiates in particular it’s exaggerated) but black market of course here in Spain it’s illegal (well all Europe except the Netherlands) but just two months ago the medical use has been approved and now they’re with the commission that has to decide who, where and how it’s gonna be distributed. Before Christmas it has to be decided and for sure that I’m one of the kind of patients that I’m absolutely sure will be accepted as “prescriptional “ and th we’ll see. But I’m optimistic and believe that itll be better no matter how.

thanks very much Wendy for sharing the info. Best regards
Yes, yes my friend....beautiful stinky buds. Mine are prescription, cost me a bit to get the consultations/approval 100gbp, then 150gbp per prescription, 30gms of flower I get a month from them.

Just got my latest lot delivered by secure courier yesterday.
I'm sure that with all the money the government will make off medical cannabis, they'll definitely approve it, even with the naysayers, uneducated and the possibly of religious groups saying it's bad too! (rolling eyes...Lol)

By the sounds of it, you would be on the list to qualify as a patient, I'll have my fingers crossed for you :)

Reactions: LordDuque
WendyLittle said:
Yes, yes my friend....beautiful stinky buds. Mine are prescription, cost me a bit to get the consultations/approval 100gbp, then 150gbp per prescription, 30gms of flower I get a month from them.

Just got my latest lot delivered by secure courier yesterday.
I'm sure that with all the money the government will make off medical cannabis, they'll definitely approve it, even with the naysayers, uneducated and the possibly of religious groups saying it's bad too! (rolling eyes...Lol)

By the sounds of it, you would be on the list to qualify as a patient, I'll have my fingers crossed for you :)
I understand your point but don’t be so sure thinking about the money because if it were so the would also have approved the part of the law proposition that was refused, the one that spoke of making legal too the ludic use, and they didn’t, in fact wasn’t even close. And why do I say so? Because here to the patients it’s going to be prescribed it’ll be almost free for all of us, and I explain myself. Till this moment it was just permitted to patients of multiple sclerosis and not buds nor anyt but just the sativex, you know? That inhaler with a patent of the plant and that’s owned by….BAYER!!! (Always bayer, fuck)😛

and I put another example to you of how things work in here: diapers. Diapers are prescribed by the health public insurance, and most of us are disabled more than 65% so we don’t pay for them even a part as working people. And as it’s the govern who pays and most of us are people with dementias or mental serious issues and the other most would rather die than signifícate them as IC publicly. So what do brands here.? They have a cartel they pact prices and so they sell medium quality diapers at the price of premium ones. Results we the patients cant get those because they’re not sold in Spain. And even when they got caught and paid a fine (very tiny furthermore IMO) and you that changed something (was 5 years ago?) not at all!!

we have an amazing public health but as you can see has its own problems. Now I’m going to court to sue the administration for that (because I found past sentences that made them pay absorbents that weren’t in the prescription catalog) so I hope I’ ll make them pay my premiums (for the same money not more! But abroad). In fact I started realizing this when I went working in Paris 10 years ago and saw there were better diapers of the same brand and for the same price! And I was astonished. And thanks for crossing fingers 😁

Last edited:
I do not push it out. If I feel one happening I try to get to the RR. If it is liquid I just relax my body and let it happen.

I normally will give a slight push while using my diaper. Just so I don’t stop going incase I technically run out of room in it. With the enema it just comes out no need to push. If I’m having a play session then I’ll bare down as hard as I can while masturbating. I try to time the climax and going at the same time.

Yep as due to my coeliacs my BM’s viary in consistency from quite runny to goat dropping

DandyAndy said:
I do not push it out.
When I'm awake and I feel a growing urge (which can be uncomfortable), I just can't help myself from pushing. Almost all of the stool is "normal."
I try to maintain healthy diet and daily physical exercise. My diet includes a balance of fiber along with daily intake of psyllium husk. So I'm rarely constipated. BM's are effortlessly. I typically have one or two BM's per day and not surprisingly they are extremely large. Consistency varies from firm to soft and all are solid. I really don't like loose stool. Makes it difficult to clean my diaper. Like I said I push with little effort and I rarely strain hard. It's just feels natural. Because of my pelvic floor dysfunction, I have little sensation until I feel it when I have to go along with weak or little sphincter control. Which means it's a perfect storm.

• Love
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and Ashton84
I push to make sure it's all out. I hate just getting in a new diaper and more comes out... I learned this years ago when I first started having issues with BM, my past caregiver actually told me to push out to make sure i'm done before she changed me. She assured me it was nothing to be embarrassed about.

Reactions: greatlake5 and DiaperDiva
Ashton84 said:
I push to make sure it's all out. I hate just getting in a new diaper and more comes out... I learned this years ago when I first started having issues with BM, my past caregiver actually told me to push out to make sure i'm done before she changed me. She assured me it was nothing to be embarrassed about.
Let's face it, nobody likes dirtying a new diaper when it's still clean after a few minutes. Or even a few hours. I have a practice of not cleaning up until I know I'm finished in the morning. I usually have a BM while sleeping. So when I get up, I go through my morning routine and if I haven't had one yet I lay back, lift my knees and I'll push. Even if I don't have much control (external sphincter), I can still actually push. Nothing wrong with my abdominal muscles. And there's nothing wrong with finishing the job.

Reactions: Ashton84
It's always been a habit of mine to push/strain.

Ashton84 said:
I push to make sure it's all out. I hate just getting in a new diaper and more comes out...
I usually have a BM early in the morning. Sometimes I have one while sleeping but often I'm just awake when I first get up. I don't really don't have to push. It just happens. Most of the times the stool is solid though not actually firm. It just slides out. It's always easier to help so I do push.
greatlake5 said:
I lay back, lift my knees and I'll push. And there's nothing wrong with finishing the job. .
I'm already still in bed. If it hasn't completed I lay on my back and "finish the job." Nobody likes a BM in a fresh diaper after you've already changed.

Reactions: greatlake5
Back