Do you "poop" your diapers or "mess" your diapers?

What do you usually call going #2 in your diaper?

• Total voters
I call it poop. Years ago I used to poop in my diaper sometimes (and occasionally in my underwear), but these days I can't trust it to be solid enough; changing a mushy poop diaper is no fun.

Dual incontinence here 24/7 full time no control bowel or urine so yes it's a necessity I wear thick diapers .

I always heard "did you go poopers? let's get you changed"

Reactions: AmberStarfield
I think messing just sounds more cute and infantile which is why I prefer to use it. “Did you poop yourself?” and “did you mess yourself?” Just have different tones to me? I also have autism though so I’m horrible understanding tone!

Reactions: Cookiejazz, theancientmariner, gmate1713 and 1 other person
I will say poop mess or loaded kinda interchangeably , but it’s rare that I have to say it , my aide has weird kinda sixth sense about knowing in advance .

Probably both, equally. Just depends on the context, like others have mentioned.

LilPuppyBoy said:
I think messing just sounds more cute and infantile which is why I prefer to use it. “Did you poop yourself?” and “did you mess yourself?” Just have different tones to me? I also have autism though so I’m horrible understanding tone!
I would kind of agree to that.

Reactions: WarmAndSquishy
Bruh, @blissfullyquirky, what is the difference between messing and pooping when they smell the same?

This is TMI

KrankyPants said:
This is TMI
I'm not sure there's any such thing as TMI here;)

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedTeddyBear, KrankyPants and bugme
I say poop because that's how other kids would say it

We are trying to teach the kids the proper names of things, so we usually say BM, urinate, toilet, etc. When playing with my wife, sometimes I feel like that is too mature and I use potty, messy, wet. I never use poop or pee - they feel too crude.

Reactions: theancientmariner
I try not to say either to be honest, I just ask for a change. My mom's call it messing though. Very rarely does the poop word get used in my house.

KrankyPants said:
Bruh, @blissfullyquirky, what is the difference between messing and pooping when they smell the same?
Different words invoke different thoughts and emotions. That's why languages have so many words with the same or similar meanings. I was curious why people chose to use the word they do.

Msherri1981 said:
Poop is when it is solid. Messing is when it's more waterer
That's the exact imagery those terms carry in my mind, although I didn't realize it until you pointed it out. That's why I prefer to say poop. But I think I'm going to use messing from now on to refer to watery poops. Poo feels like it's somewhere in between.

I poop my diaper, and it makes a mess. Haha....

bugme said:
We are trying to teach the kids the proper names of things, so we usually say BM, urinate, toilet, etc. When playing with my wife, sometimes I feel like that is too mature and I use potty, messy, wet. I never use poop or pee - they feel too crude.
Pee is a kid-friendly word. Many adults would say piss instead.

As stated before, messing makes a mess whereas pooping doesn't. The former is a variation of the latter. Furthermore, we tend to say we're "taking a shit" when using the bathroom, whereas messing makes it pretty clear that we're wearing diapers.
That, and I don't like the word poop. I just don't. It's easier for me to say I'm messing myself because to me it sounds nothing like pooping. It sounds more childish and, even though it doesn't make sense, less dirty/repulsive.

My carer asks if I have a present for her in my nappy. I have never worked out how a poo can be classed as a present

• Haha
Reactions: theancientmariner and (deleted member)
I never heard the term "mess or messing" to describe the deed, until I discovered the AB/DL community in the late 90's.
Growing up, it was always called "poop, pooping, poopoo or doodoo", so those are the terms I prefer to use.
The word "mess" implies something out of place or out of order, and I find diapers to be the proper and orderly place for my poop.

Last edited:
Reactions: P00P00pants, KCA and Hemix
If I was to day it in English (not my mother tongue), I'd probably say that I went poopy.

And for french, "j'ai fait popo" or "j'ai fait caca" sound equally good/childish to me 😁

Back