Do you have any weird/ unique recipes?

Therambler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I have a recipes that sound like they should not go together but they really do.
#1 Chocolate Mayonnaise cake
300g Self raising flour
290g sugar
200g Mayonnaise
4 tablespoon of cocoa powder
100g melted chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Method
#1 mix flour, sugar and mayo together
#2 dissolve cocoa powder in water and stir in vanilla essence
#3 combine all the ingredients stir in the melted chocolate
#4 bake at 180c for 30/40mins
#5 leave to cool and enjoy

Please I would love to know what others recipes are

• Love
Reactions: TeeMousy and littledub1955
I got this recipe from the journal of Christopher Columbus from his discovery voyages, it's for cooking bald eagle.

Take one adult bald eagle and place in a large pot
Place a large stone in the pot
Add vegetables and seasoning

Boil aggressively for four hours

Remove bald eagle and throw away

Eat stone

🤣

It was his attempt at humor regarding the very unfavorable taste of eagle, considering when it was written, comic genius.

• Haha
Reactions: littledub1955, Therambler, Lightstreak2553 and 1 other person
Ketchup on Ritz crackers! That is my little me talking!!! :p Ketchup on anything really. Nuggets, potatoes... even fish sticks, but more like ketchup and mayonnaise on fish sticks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin
I don't know if this is odd as I discovered the recipe on You Tube but you take a tomato, cut the top off and hollow it out like a jack-o-lantern. Then you put some mozzarella cheese in the bottom of the tomato and put some diced chives on the cheese. I used dried onion flakes as it's easier and cheaper. Then you crack an egg and let the raw egg fall into the tomato. Then put salt and pepper and more mozzarella cheese on the egg.

Put some olive oil in a baking dish and put the tomato on the oil and into the oven set at 400 degree F. and cook for 30 minutes. I've discovered that if it's a large egg I need to cook it for 32 minutes. It sounds weird but it tastes really good and and kitchen smells good too.

• Love
Reactions: denimchicken, littledub1955 and Therambler
KrankyPants said:
Ketchup on Ritz crackers! That is my little me talking!!! :p Ketchup on anything really. Nuggets, potatoes... even fish sticks, but more like ketchup and mayonnaise on fish sticks!
Mustered on French fries sawy that on an episode of JAG
Ranch like ketchup is good on anything I've heard some people add it to Pizza.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955 and KrankyPants
Since mayonnaise is a fat it does well sweet or savory from chocolate cake to grilled cheese it’s good for it .

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955
Shannara said:
Mustered on French fries sawy that on an episode of JAG
Ranch like ketchup is good on anything I've heard some people add it to Pizza.
Yes, I have had ranch on pizza and it is a good combination, not my favorite, however. I love pepperoncini peppers on pizza, lolol!

Reactions: Kirisin
I've had mixed reactions to this, but I love it: peanut butter french toast. Just add a big dollop to your traditional french toast recipe and mix in like any other ingredient. It's been a thing in my family for generations and it's delicious.

KrankyPants said:
Yes, I have had ranch on pizza and it is a good combination, not my favorite, however. I love pepperoncini peppers on pizza, lolol!
A couple of my favorites a friend introduced me to so simple

I like mustard on my Colby/Jack grilled cheese sandwich the mustard gives it tang to it my wife stuck her nose up at it till I got her to take a taste now she is hooked

This is a cheap meal favorite Introduced to me by one of my coworkers wife one day on our lunch break

Top Ramon noodles your choice of flavors i like beef my wife likes the chicken and my mother inlaw like oriental

crush the noodles in the package cook as normal drain off most of water leaving a bit then mix in the seasoning that comes with it and about 1/3 a can of cream of mushroom soup stir and serve the whole thing is a single serving probably cost a dollar to make a can of pop maybe another .50 cents and some Ritz crackers an additional .50 cents these are the typical comfort meals

Give it a try I hope you like it
we eat so much of this we by the Ramon and cream of mushroom by the case but then we use Cream of Mushroom on everything.

As you can see from this and previous posts we use ranch, Mustard, and cream of Mushroom soup and fresh mushrooms on everything

Reactions: littledub1955
fleckothefennec said:
I got this recipe from the journal of Christopher Columbus from his discovery voyages, it's for cooking bald eagle.

Take one adult bald eagle and place in a large pot
Place a large stone in the pot
Add vegetables and seasoning

Boil aggressively for four hours

Remove bald eagle and throw away

Eat stone

🤣

It was his attempt at humor regarding the very unfavorable taste of eagle, considering when it was written, comic genius.
Dam I want to try this but got no large stone😀😁😀

• Haha
Reactions: littledub1955, fleckothefennec and Kirisin
Lightstreak2553 said:
I've had mixed reactions to this, but I love it: peanut butter french toast. Just add a big dollop to your traditional french toast recipe and mix in like any other ingredient. It's been a thing in my family for generations and it's delicious.
I work in a prison and we always serve peanut butter with pan cakes and French toast

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Lightstreak2553 and Therambler
Lightstreak2553 said:
I’ll have to try that. I normally use vanilla extracts and cinnamon powder in the mix.

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
Babybear2006 said:
I work in a prison and we always serve peanut butter with pan cakes and French toast
I've never thought to add peanut butter to pancakes before. I'll have to try that. It sounds delicious. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: littledub1955 and Babybear2006
Babybear2006 said:
Free Weezy

Reactions: Babybear2006
Babybear2006 said:
Lol, that it cool 😎 "Don't you arrest me or imprison me" ROFL. I'm sure you've been teased before...

KrankyPants said:
You have a cool job, @Babybear2006! I like that!
It sucks at times, I have plenty of horror stories from working there

KrankyPants said:
Lol, that it cool 😎 "Don't you arrest me or imprison me" ROFL. I'm sure you've been teased before...
We use pepper spray

Lightstreak2553 said:
I've never thought to add peanut butter to pancakes before. I'll have to try that. It sounds delicious. Thanks for the idea!
Its because we don't serve bacon or sausage at breakfast but have to give them protein

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
I've always enjoyed eating peeled cucumber slices with salt and vinegar added to them. They taste even better if you use field cucumbers.

Back