Do you hate it when you go to sleep wet?

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
From reading the forums, I've observed that a lot of AB/DL love to be wet when going to bed. I don't. Being IC, I wear so that if I wet in my sleep, that the bed will remain dry in the morning.

So I hate it when I climb into bed and then need to go before I fall asleep. I could get up and use the toilet but by that point it seems like too much trouble, causing me to give in to the diaper. As a result, it means that when I do pee in the middle of the night, the diaper becomes extra wet. Then I have to live with that all night until I get up in the morning to change and shower. I wear a TENA Super brief + plastic pants, since it is more economical than a premium plastic backed diaper. I guess it is just my bad, laziness.

I usually try to empty myself when brushing my teeth before changing. But sometimes I am so tired at night that I forget. For example, I even left the car keys in the door on the weekend.. doh!

Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon, Babynie and 2 others
Usually I am dry when getting into bed but that never lasts long, however once my bladder has emptied it is usually not long until I am asleep.

Reactions: Diprs2
When I get into bed I am dry, however I don’t go to sleep until I have wet my diaper. I usually can pee a little and then go to sleep. In the morning when I waken I notice that I have peed several times when I was sleeping. I like the feeling of my diaper swelling up with pee.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BabyDragon23
To the contrary I love when I’m warm and wet!

I always go to bed with a fresh diaper.

Pre-wetting a night diaper is only safe for non-bedwetting ABDLs. Being a 24/7 diapered ABDL and also a nightly bedwetter, I can say that I absolutely love the feeling of a wet diapee and wouldn´t mind the wet feeling as I doze off (which is a quite soothing feeling, actually) if I didn´t also have a heavy output while I´m asleep. That´s why I like to change into my night diapee as close to bedtime as possible, so I don´t get leaks onto the bed... but if I need to go afterwards then I just go...

I wear mostly BetterDry10 or Crinklz to bed and they hold just fine for me, but if I go in them before falling asleep then it will be more likely for me to find small wet spots in the morning. On the few occassions I didn´t change before going to bed, well... you can imagine the disastrous mornings that followed.

Reactions: Diprs2 and wetaccident
Add a booster in and forget about it.
I'm ic and I swear my bladder just waits until I change for bed to release
I just started adding a booster in and just not worrying about it.... Does piss me off but what do you do. I feel for ya 🫤

Reactions: Diprs2 and Luvshugs
slimjiminy said:
From reading the forums, I've observed that a lot of AB/DL love to be wet when going to bed. I don't. Being IC, I wear so that if I wet in my sleep, that the bed will remain dry in the morning.

So I hate it when I climb into bed and then need to go before I fall asleep. I could get up and use the toilet but by that point it seems like too much trouble, causing me to give in to the diaper. As a result, it means that when I do pee in the middle of the night, the diaper becomes extra wet. Then I have to live with that all night until I get up in the morning to change and shower. I wear a TENA Super brief + plastic pants, since it is more economical than a premium plastic backed diaper. I guess it is just my bad, laziness.

I usually try to empty myself when brushing my teeth before changing. But sometimes I am so tired at night that I forget. For example, I even left the car keys in the door on the weekend.. doh!
since I am incontinent I make sure I have a dry diaper on when I go to bed I usually wake up soaked but I make sure I am dry when I go to bed if I'm not dry when I go to sleep I risk leaking

Napincolove said:
Usually I am dry when getting into bed but that never lasts long, however once my bladder has emptied it is usually not long until I am asleep.
Same here I am usually dry when I get in bed but wet before I fall asleep. I am always soaking wet by morning.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot and chuck
slimjiminy said:
So I hate it when I climb into bed and then need to go before I fall asleep

I selfcath before adding a diaper to nighttime, so usually i have got some time before the urge hits again. Sometimes this time, about 60 to 90 minutes, is not enough to fall asleep, when i need to go than, i so use my diaper instead of standing up.
Simple reason, when standing up, i will need additionally 60 to 90 minutes to fall asleep - so more ore less no sleep at all.
Only problem here is, when this happens it is mostly sure i will not wake up again and my bladder will release itself without me knowing, like the wet diaper is a clear signal "ready to release".

In the beginning i had bad feelings about being that lazy, but i helps my overall condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and slimjiminy
I love either way, just having a diaper on makes me ez to sleep wither wet or dry!

Reactions: Diprs2 and NappiedTruckDriver
I’m more of a “trying to stop;)” bed wetter than a DL. As such my bladder is always empty and diaper dry when I go to bed. Can’t say never, but I rarely let it happen before falling asleep or during the night.

not really

slimjiminy said:

I guess we wear extra thick nappies so we can be able to get away with this. Most cheaper medical nappies only hold one or two good wettings before becoming leaky in my experience. As a general rule of thumb I half the advertised capacity as they always seem to cause wet patches and leaks above this. The ones I usually wear can take four good ones before becoming a leaking issue (5000ml - 2500ml practical capacity). Personally, I love the feeling of the padding swelling on your butt area and find it pretty comforting. I call it "Bum Hugs"

Last edited:
You could add a booster to the front of your diaper, and if you wet right away, but are still awake, just pull it out of the front of your diaper. Have a bag, or pail near by before bed, and just toss it in. You should be able to do it right in bed, and your diaper will be like new.
I’m not a actual bedwetter, (not since 6) but it’s a thought.

i always change into a dry diaper before bed, so only once in awhile do I go to sleep wet. I prefer going to sleep dry since I typically wet once or twice at night and don’t want to have to change in the middle of the night. I have severe OAB so wetting almost always wakes me up, but I can usually go back to sleep…changing after a second or third wetting makes that more difficult, however.

slimjiminy said:

I like a dry diaper before bed time but am totally comfortable sleeping wet. Always worry about leaks tyhough.

Nope I wet just before bed and woke up 2 hours after that to an even wetter diaper , just one of those things

I always keep a spare diaper in the nightstand next to bed. If I happen to wet while I'm awake, I'll immediately change... If I wake up in the night and my diaper is wet enough that I feel wet, I'll change in the middle of the night. Because changing is so much of a pain, it keeps me from being lazy and not getting up when I can make it to the toilet :cool: . This minimizes the amount of time I get rashes and the amount of time I have to spend airing out with no protection on.

Due to my heavy bedwetting problems, I dislike going to bed wet.
I usually change into my nighttime diaper within 10 minutes of going to sleep.

Reactions: EcoIncon and NappiedTruckDriver
Back