Do you feel, or have you ever felt shame waring diapers, and if yes, then why?

I do feel a little shame about choosing to wear and wet but mainstream society is more accepting of ic issues now. The more I openly shop for adult diapers in stores the less shame I feel. I have recently stopped choosing my clothes to hide my diapers. Still keep them fully covered but don’t deliberately choose baggy trousers now when I wear.

Reactions: SebUK97
I do and don't feel shame. When I have accidents, I'm a little upset I didn't make it and have to go back in pull-ups. I want to stay dry and not have accidents! Maybe one day I'll make it!

Kayleigh, I feel the same as you shame and embarrassment for wearing diapers and plastic pants off and on for so many years. Buying, Wearing, and purging off and on for so many years in SECRET. I never told my wife of now 42 years that I wore diapers. I served in the Military for 24 years and then another 4 years. So I have had this persona of a strong, confident Military Senior NCO. When in secret I would wear and wet my diapers and plastic pants in secret. Then this sickness hit the WORLD a little over 3 years ago called COVID 19 after spending 11/2 months in hospital about 3 weeks of that in a coma with Doctors telling my wife to prepare herself for me not making coming home. I came home but I came with a diaper on and tried to fix myself I managed to wear Pull-Ups for a few months and then I started wetting the bed and then wetting the Pull-Ups to the point that I was wetting my pants and embarrassing myself in public luckily not close to any friends or acquaintances. I had mentioned being incontinent to my Doctor and nothing. I am now wearing Diapers and Plastic Pants every day wetting when I sleep and having to change my diapers 2-3 times a day I do this in front of my wife as I had to tell her I was Incontinent I am not obvious about wearing my diapers and plastic pants I wear my big shorts over my plastic pants and always wear t-shirts to hide the rustle of the diapers and plastic pants and to cover the backside of my pants should things start to show. Tomorrow I have my doctor's visit I am having issues with no feeling in my and my Incontinence. Now after saying all the above I am starting to accept my diaper wear. Time to go grocery shopping with my wife wearing my diapers and plastic pants. ;)

Reactions: perlFerret, SebUK97 and BabyLouise
Davvyboy said:
For many years I was deeply ashamed and confused about my desire to wear nappies.
It was enormously stressful.
But it just wouldn’t go away.
Eventually I sought counselling and that made all the difference.
Wearing nappies does not define us…it is something that we get joy from ❤️
I can't disagree with that. :)

Reactions: Davvyboy
mistykitty said:
When first starting yes a lot just because of all the stereotypes about it being for younger age groups. Discovering adisc helped me get better at dealing with this when I realized I wasn't alone. I occasionally still have it occur but much more rarely than b4.
Yes, we are not alone. We are all part of a unique community. :)

Reactions: Davvyboy and mistykitty
mistykitty said:
When first starting yes a lot just because of all the stereotypes about it being for younger age groups. Discovering adisc helped me get better at dealing with this when I realized I wasn't alone. I occasionally still have it occur but much more rarely than b4.
Yes, we are not alone. We are all part of a unique community. :) Just noticed that happened twice, not sure why? :unsure: Guess to reinforce the message. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
DLAce2010 said:
I do and don't feel shame. When I have accidents, I'm a little upset I didn't make it and have to go back in pull-ups. I want to stay dry and not have accidents! Maybe one day I'll make it!
Staying dry is important, pull-ups and diapers help us to achieve that goal. :)

Reactions: mistykitty and DLAce2010
SebUK97 said:
Staying dry is important, pull-ups and diapers help us to achieve that goal. :)
I've stayed dry so far! I kinda feel like I have to go, but not bad enough to stop what I'm doing. I'm gonna try and hold it till I get home. I hope I can stay dry!

fredy552 said:
Kayleigh, I feel the same as you shame and embarrassment for wearing diapers and plastic pants off and on for so many years. Buying, Wearing, and purging off and on for so many years in SECRET. I never told my wife of now 42 years that I wore diapers. I served in the Military for 24 years and then another 4 years. So I have had this persona of a strong, confident Military Senior NCO. When in secret I would wear and wet my diapers and plastic pants in secret. Then this sickness hit the WORLD a little over 3 years ago called COVID 19 after spending 11/2 months in hospital about 3 weeks of that in a coma with Doctors telling my wife to prepare herself for me not making coming home. I came home but I came with a diaper on and tried to fix myself I managed to wear Pull-Ups for a few months and then I started wetting the bed and then wetting the Pull-Ups to the point that I was wetting my pants and embarrassing myself in public luckily not close to any friends or acquaintances. I had mentioned being incontinent to my Doctor and nothing. I am now wearing Diapers and Plastic Pants every day wetting when I sleep and having to change my diapers 2-3 times a day I do this in front of my wife as I had to tell her I was Incontinent I am not obvious about wearing my diapers and plastic pants I wear my big shorts over my plastic pants and always wear t-shirts to hide the rustle of the diapers and plastic pants and to cover the backside of my pants should things start to show. Tomorrow I have my doctor's visit I am having issues with no feeling in my and my Incontinence. Now after saying all the above I am starting to accept my diaper wear. Time to go grocery shopping with my wife wearing my diapers and plastic pants. ;)
I'm glad that you made it through the Covid-19 ordeal. It really was a very frightening time! Glad your wife is supportive of you, and you no longer have to keep it a secret. (y):)

Reactions: fredy552
Being a DL, yes, I sometimes do feel shame about my desire to wear diapers. When I started wearing diapers occasionally around the age of 18, I remember being super ashamed about it and often taking my diaper off without even using it. Over the years it has gotten much better, although I had several incidents of canceling diaper orders and even throwing out whole packs of diapers in an attempt to be done with them for good.

Nowadays I don't feel much shame about it in most situations, at least at home. Only after 'enjoying myself' in my diapers I feel a strong urge to take them off and not wanting anything to do with them, but that usually doesn't last longer than 20 minutes or so. Though, I still can't see myself wearing for instance at a doctor appointment. When out in public, I noticed that I feel slight embarrassment when being around women my age I consider attractive. Then I sometimes start to wonder what I am actually doing, being a young guy wearing and using diapers voluntarily.

Last edited:
Reactions: SebUK97, Davvyboy and deanlamark80
diapers4life said:
Being a DL, yes, I sometimes do feel shame about my desire to wear diapers. When I started wearing diapers occasionally around the age of 18, I remember being super ashamed about it and often taking my diaper off without even using it. Over the years it has gotten much better, although I had several incidents of canceling diaper orders and even throwing out whole packs of diapers in an attempt to be done with them for good.

Nowadays I don't feel much shame about it in most situations, at least at home. Only after 'enjoying myself' in my diapers I feel a strong urge to take them off and not wanting anything to do with them, but that usually doesn't last longer than 20 minutes or so. Though, I still can't see myself wearing for instance at a doctor appointment. When out in public, I noticed that I feel slight embarrassment when being around women my age I consider attractive. Then I sometimes start to wonder what I am actually doing, being a young guy wearing and using diapers voluntarily.
Yes, i do understand the feelings you have experienced. I think a lot within the community who wear voluntarily sometimes experience feelings of guilt causing them to purge, which can be the only way to rid their minds of the guilt feelings. It can be very expensive doing that though.

I'm glad that you don't feel shame so much anymore. in relation to wearing in public or to a doctor's appointment it's not for everyone, but it is also not compulsory either. Adopting a balance of what you feel comfortable with, and equally what you don't is really important. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: diapers4life
Yeah 🥲, my current environment plays a role, so I wear them occasionally.

• Sad
Ok. I’m a bit late to responding to this post, but here goes: Do I feel shame? Yah, I used to. But not anymore. Here’s the backstory.

Having been continent (I used to call it “normal”) and then going to incontinent overnight (quite literally) was a shocker. And then having to wear a diaper! WOW. The final blow to my deflating ego was when I got rid of my regular underwear knowing I would not ever be going back to using it!

Yes, I hated any situation where I had to “strip” down to my so called underclothes; mostly medical appointments. Why the shame? Because I wasn’t “normal” and I hated displaying that. Then it dawned on me: I am just me (hence my screen name); I am normal. I just have a different type of underwear. And if someone is offended, then that is on them. I need it (diapers) like someone might need a cane or a crutch. It’s just a tool.

To be totally upfront, it was my wife who was pretty much yelling at me that she used absorbing products for her time of the month; why couldn’t I use absorbing products for all the time?!? Brilliant, eh?

So now, there is no shame on my part. I even share my story with anyone who might need the help. I recently did with a neighbor who went thru a prostate procedure that has unexpectedly left him incontinent.

Quick PS: I do get a little mifffed if I leak and soil someone else’s furnishings. Ugg! Definite embarrassment (shame :oops:) then because I could have prevented the damage!

Jodie said:
Yeah 🥲, my current environment plays a role, so I wear them occasionally.
🫂

JustMe said:
Ok. I’m a bit late to responding to this post, but here goes: Do I feel shame? Yah, I used to. But not anymore. Here’s the backstory.

Having been continent (I used to call it “normal”) and then going to incontinent overnight (quite literally) was a shocker. And then having to wear a diaper! WOW. The final blow to my deflating ego was when I got rid of my regular underwear knowing I would not ever be going back to using it!

Yes, I hated any situation where I had to “strip” down to my so called underclothes; mostly medical appointments. Why the shame? Because I wasn’t “normal” and I hated displaying that. Then it dawned on me: I am just me (hence my screen name); I am normal. I just have a different type of underwear. And if someone is offended, then that is on them. I need it (diapers) like someone might need a cane or a crutch. It’s just a tool.

To be totally upfront, it was my wife who was pretty much yelling at me that she used absorbing products for her time of the month; why couldn’t I use absorbing products for all the time?!? Brilliant, eh?

So now, there is no shame on my part. I even share my story with anyone who might need the help. I recently did with a neighbor who went thru a prostate procedure that has unexpectedly left him incontinent.

Quick PS: I do get a little mifffed if I leak and soil someone else’s furnishings. Ugg! Definite embarrassment (shame :oops:) then because I could have prevented the damage!
I'm glad you no longer feel shame or embarrassment. Becoming incontinent can be difficult to reconcile with, but shouldn't be. Something within us, when confronted with new found situations kicks in, and we learn to adapt and overcome.

It is wonderful that you have a supportive wife, as they say, "Behind every good man is a great woman". :) It's also great that you were able to provide support to your neighbour.

• Love
Reactions: JustMe
Back