Do you drinks a water?

Tasmaniandevilpadded

Hypertension and disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Past I drank 20 fl oz bottle of Aquafina purifier water from my job. I wondered the water taste good and clean after one hour feeling like pee a lots. Another hour pee again because of my blood pressure to keep lowering before my blood pressure was high at few month ago. Because due my kidneys got diabetes, so I drink two liters soda (Mountain Dew or Dr. pepper). Do they drinking a water leading urinate more?

Reactions: KrazyJoe67
Well if you drink caffeinated beverages after drinking water it will cause you to wet more, as caffeine is a diuretic. I know if I drink 32-64oz of water over the course of a few hours after my daily dose of Caffeine I tend to wet through a MegaMax in that time.

Don't view it as a reason to avoid water, as staying hydrated is very important to maintaining a healthy body. But you may want to consider one or the other not both, and I'm not going to tell you how to live your life but I would recommend dropping the soda/pop in favor of water.

Last edited:
I like to have at least 40oz of water a day . I also like the Gartor ad G2 - Grape & Fruit Favor ...

Reactions: diaperdude and KrazyJoe67
ABDLPLANET said:
Past I drank 20 fl oz bottle of Aquafina purifier water from my job. I wondered the water taste good and clean after one hour feeling like pee a lots. Another hour pee again because of my blood pressure to keep lowering before my blood pressure was high at few month ago. Because due my kidneys got diabetes, so I drink two liters soda (Mountain Dew or Dr. pepper). Do they drinking a water leading urinate more?
I have diabetes as well. How long have you had it?

Reactions: diaperdude
pamperbud20 said:
I have diabetes as well. How long have you had it?
I was in hospital last two months because I got high blood pressure (hypertension) after nurse tried to bloodwork in three tubes. Tube of basic metabolic fillled my blood from my heart. Nurse ran to laboratory room and found glucose levels 120 of 130. I don’t surprise I have a diabetes. My heart is hurts because I have too much blood in my body and my kidneys have problem.

I’m pre diabetic and have quit drinking soda pop. Years ago you wouldn’t see me without a 1 liter Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper. Another thing that I don’t drink much of anymore is milk, but water, that I drink a lot of. Usually about (6) 16 ounce glasses a day or more. The water I have is pretty good, but I use a Brita pitcher with a filter to remove any contaminates rather than buying bottled water. Staying hydrated with water is far better for you than drinking caffeine and sugar rich soda pop!

Reactions: chuck, KrazyJoe67 and geka
I have one bottle of Dr. Pepper Zero sugar soda taste good without sugar and carbohydrates, but that soda is slightly sodium. I am wondering if I drink a zero sugar soda bottle. I don’t think so, they’re foods had too much sodium flavor like that.

It's common for people with IC to try to avoid drinking fluids but you can potentially do more damage or cause issues. Dehydration is one, but also if your not hydrating your urine can become concentrated and you can get infections or potentially cause your urine to smell. In the military they used to have pee charts and depending on color it specified how much water you should be drinking. No matter what your using to mitigate IC your going to have to change it and though it may seem like good idea less intake equals less products use but the alternative can cost more in long run like say urine is concentrated and you get a UTI but than you also get a yeast rash or diaper rash besides antibiotics the other solution is to hydrate and if using diapers or pullups to change more often.

As someone mentioned caffeine is a diuretic but alcohol is also as well as few other things. But you can have a healthy mix of things.

For me I take a diuretic because of health issues so I am wetting either way but personally feel different when properly hydrated. But because of some health issues I usually don't drink straight water or in large quantities because I used to only drink water and was getting dehydrated and felt like crap, so I usually consume on a normal day 1.5-2 gallons a day(if active day can be twice that). I do drink a lot of powdered Gatorade but with powdered version it's not only cheaper but I can make it how I like it so like I will alternate half gallons like one almost full strength next about half where it's like flavored water but I have many days I dial it back to half all day so I am getting electrolytes and water. Also if your doing any kind of activities where your potentially using water like exercise or working you know your body better than anyone so it's like I went away for Christmas and I knew by end of first day I didn't drink enough fluids because I didn't change as often as I normally do which could be couple different factors like what diapers was I using but for me I knew it was because of intake and I ended up drinking almost half gallon before falling asleep because I knew I would not felt worse the next day.

But here is the thing everyone is different I know some highly active disabled people who drink roughly the same but use a lower level of protection and for them it works, it does seem like many people hear often speak of using top of the line stuff but depending on person many people can and do use others just fine ya some change more or because of their activities they burn more but there is a fine line between under protected and over protected, and I will give you an example I drank about 2 gallons plus alcohol so last night I wore a high capacity diaper it was more than 50% wet when I awoke & I have tested it before ya I could of gotten a few more hours out of it but usually starts to smell so I changed. Yes there are times I will fully saturate one but will say for me I only use abdl & high cap for special use and I use something more practical for me.

A mix of water, juices, and some soft drinks.

Reactions: Diaperpee8
Jorelaxed said:
A mix of water, juices, and some soft drinks.
Yikes! If mixed able taste weakness beverage. Don’t do that!

Zeke said:
I’m pre diabetic and have quit drinking soda pop. Years ago you wouldn’t see me without a 1 liter Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper. Another thing that I don’t drink much of anymore is milk, but water, that I drink a lot of. Usually about (6) 16 ounce glasses a day or more. The water I have is pretty good, but I use a Brita pitcher with a filter to remove any contaminates rather than buying bottled water. Staying hydrated with water is far better for you than drinking caffeine and sugar rich soda pop!
Im a brittle diabetic have been since I was 3 im 55 now I drink a lot of water. So I know what you mean.

KrazyJoe67 said:
Im a brittle diabetic have been since I was 3 im 55 now I drink a lot of water. So I know what you mean.
I drink only water. When I dumped all the suguary items and sodas it most certainly improved my A1C. I remember when I first found out my A1C was in the 12 is range and I had nerve damage and neuropathy a lot then and it came at a cost. Ive lost a lot of weight now and I’m very active and and still struggle with some choices food wise but I'm able to keep my A1C in the 5ish range.

pamperbud20 said:
I drink only water. When I dumped all the suguary items and sodas it most certainly improved my A1C. I remember when I first found out my A1C was in the 12 is range and I had nerve damage and neuropathy a lot then and it came at a cost. Ive lost a lot of weight now and I’m very active and and still struggle with some choices food wise but I'm able to keep my A1C in the 5ish range.
That is great to hear.

KrazyJoe67 said:
That is great to hear.
It's tough. Has diabetes made you incontinent as well.

pamperbud20 said:
It's tough. Has diabetes made you incontinent as well.
No a bad motorcycle wreck I also lost both my legs

KrazyJoe67 said:
No a bad motorcycle wreck I also lost both my legs
Last seven years, my brother was motorcycle wreck after he got injured and brought his to hospital for emergency room. He pain so badly. Then he back to home from hospital, and I see his arms and legs are gauging around and ibuprofen medicine.

• Wow
I drink about 200oz (6000ml) a day at the moment, mostly pure water without sparkles. I have to avoid alcohol and caffeine, so i have got not much choice, sometimes i drink something with taste but no or very low sugar, like ice-tea. I never found a difference in the output, just differences in getting pain in the bladder.

I do not have Diabetes Mellitus, but Diabetes Insipidus Centralis.

Last edited:
Pino said:
I drink about 200oz (6000ml) a day at the moment, mostly pure water without sparkles. I have to avoid alcohol and caffeine, so i have got not much choice, sometimes i drink something with taste but no or very low sugar, like ice-tea. I never found a difference in the output, just differences in getting pain in the bladder.

I do not have Diabetes Mellitus, but Diabetes Insipidus Centralis.
I am also in the 200fl oz per day range. I have not been diagnosed with anything, but do have an appointment with an endocrinologist at the end of April - my general practitioner thinks it may be DI, too. Taking in fluid is a big part if my daily life and it is exhausting drinking this much.

berrt said:
I am also in the 200fl oz per day range. I have not been diagnosed with anything, but do have an appointment with an endocrinologist at the end of April - my general practitioner thinks it may be DI, too. Taking in fluid is a big part if my daily life and it is exhausting drinking this much.
The drinking part was not the problem for many years, but the neurogenic detrusor over activity as bonus on top is a pain in the arse, or better bladder. ;)

I try to drink plenty of water, juice and some soft drinks Dehydration is no joke.

Back