Do You ABDL Can be Genetic???

Do you think we ABDLs will pass our ABDL interests down to our kids genetically?

• Total voters

ABDElsa

TheFrozenABDL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
For those of you ABDLs who have a S/O and Children, do think ABDL could be genetic? Like do you think your love of Diapers/Regressing will be passed onto your kids? Will they have a similar mind-set to you? Or do you think ABDL has nothing to do with genetics and therefore will not be passed onto children of ABDLs? As far as I'm aware no one else in my family is an ABDL so, I certainly didn't get it from them. However being an ABDL myself if I were to in theory have a family and children, do you think any of my children would be ABDL like me? Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this subject in the comments section down below, and as always...Stay Diapered!🧷:)
-Baby William

There are probably genes that contribute to a person becoming an ABDL, but 2 ABDLs are probably not going to have a child who's ABDL too.

however, I know that you can inherit something without it being genetic, so I suppose certain benevolent attitudes may allow the child to accept and nurture any "seeds" of ABDL within them. and while it's evil it is hypothetically possible to groom someone into it.

as I said earlier... there's probably a genetic component, but I don't think being ABDL is genetic the same way as something like bedwetting is. It's too complex of an identity to be the result of a single gene... lots of people have different reasons for becoming an ABDL, get different things out of it, and could have been drawn to different communities if they nurtured their "seed" differently. and those aspects could have manifested based on a mix of genes and circumstances.

It is notable there are a lot of women into ddlg stuff who call themselves littles without really liking diapers while there are a lot of men who are more interested in the sort of ABDL stuff you hear a lot about on here. both are similar communities but there does seem to be a gender difference.... speaking of gender it seems that there are a lot of trans people into ABDL too.... does anyone know what the racial breakdown is like.
regardless of the answer, it's hard to know what part of all of this is nature and what part is nurture.

• Love
Reactions: Serendiapity, Cottontail, bbbinkie and 1 other person
My mom is also a regressor
I think it's more about how mental health issues can run in the family which brings mentally unwell people to this community

• Sad
Reactions: disabledinconben and ABDElsa
JaysonTheRegressor said:
My mom is also a regressor
I think it's more about how mental health issues can run in the family which brings mentally unwell people to this community
That's great that your Mom is a regressor too! No wonder she helped you build your own nursery in your Sister's old room! However it's sad about your mental health issues. Sorry to hear about that. Do you and your Mom regress at the same time? What kind of regression activities do you do together?

Reactions: JaysonTheRegressor
SecretlyABDL94 said:
That's great that your Mom is a regressor too! No wonder she helped you build your own nursery in your Sister's old room! However it's sad about your mental health issues. Sorry to hear about that. Do you and your Mom regress at the same time? What kind of regression activities do you do together?
We love to watch cartoons and colour! Our favourite show to watch together is Molang!

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
My cousins eldest son was caught wearing pullups. She told me she had no clue as to why he was buying them. I spared her the details as to why this might be happening.

So maybe it is genetic?? Maybe it's just way more common than we know.

• Wow
I've worn diapers beneath my jeans but I don't think the desire came from my genes.

My family does have a history of mental illness and addictive behaviors and given that ABDL does have a component of addictiveness attached to it and that most of us are diagnosed with some mental health related condition or another, I wouldn't rule it out as a cause. I just know that no one else in my family feels the same way I do about diapers. And that includes one brother who was a bedwetter and another one who had IBS.

• Love
Nope, probably not. One of the ways they test whether there’s a genetic component is through twin studies. Identical twins have the same DNA, so if one twin has a condition with a 100% genetic cause the other should have it to. Of course there’s variations between 0% and 100% that indicate both a genetic and environmental component to varying degrees.

However, it would be difficult to test this in real life for ABDL, but I would presume to say there’s no genetic component. After all, how many individual identical twins have you heard of being ABDL let alone both?

In addition, ABDL is a mental construct. If you never came across diapers ever, you’d never want them, indicating it’s purely environmental.

• Love
My answer if there was an option would be

Don’t know and I don’t expect I’ll ever find out.

I’ve never shared this side of me with either my parents or children and don’t intend too.
That said, I never picked up on my children having an unusual liking for nappies when they were younger and I know that I told my Mum at around 3 years old that I wanted to wear nappies and plastic pants again.

• Love
Reactions: Serendiapity, ABDElsa and tam1623
Epigenetics is the study of how gene expression can be modified by the environment, so there could be a genetic element in ABDL desires in the sense that they could have arisen from early life experiences that modified the way some of your genes are expressed. This would make sense since diaper love and infantilism are much stronger and longer lasting than just about any addiction. Nearly all addictions can be overcome with will power and/or proper treatment. This doesn't appear to be the case with ABDL desires, which tend to last a lifetime no matter how strongly an individual might struggle to eliminate them through treatment or force of will.

• Love
I’m sure there are cofactors, but nothing I can say that’s causal. Bed wetting, conditions that cause incontinence, late training, ASD. Sure, some factors, but how we relate to diapers and our exposure to them is largely a nurture factor in the absence of everything else. So are younger siblings in diapers, abuse, non-genetic conditions that lead to diapers. Too many variables to make this an easy answer.

I know I had a non-genetic medical condition that afflicted me early and likely figures into my desire for diapers.

More likely than not, ABDL is a convergent condition that comes from many paths. And it’s worth noting that we all relate to this community in different ways. To me, it’s an idea that gets stuck in the mind and grows given the right fertile ground, like a weed.

Nothing wrong with weeds… I happen to have great affinity for mint.

blaincorrous said:
More likely than not, ABDL is a convergent condition that comes from many paths.
I firmly believe ABDL desires are due to imprinting, which means they tend to be strong, life long desires that form an integral part of personal identity. They don't appear to be curable or unlearnable, as is the case with most psychological disorders not caused by physical defects. The specific circumstances that lead to ABDL desires becoming imprinted will vary with each individual's situation, leading to the "many paths" concept you refer to, but the fundamental nature of nearly everyone's ABDL desires indicates, to me, they are an imprinted characteristic rather than a psychological disorder, as far as those disorders are commonly understood. No doubt there are some rare instances where ABDL desires actually are due to an individual's psychological problems, but in those cases the desires can likely be overcome using modern, psychological approaches.

Reactions: Serendiapity and CheekyCharlie
Nah, I don't think so. Pretty sure mine started with an early pee fetish so I don't see passing down kinks through genes lol. I do however think some people are programmed certain ways to enjoy some things. We all have some trigger that set it off, even vanilla people have a trigger for something.

• Love
Reactions: Drifter and ABDElsa
Girlowl said:
We all have some trigger that set it off, even vanilla people have a trigger for something.
Vanilla people have many triggers for various heterosexual desires.

Drifter said:
Vanilla people have many triggers for various heterosexual desires.
Exactly. Certain smells or sights. It may not be "extreme" like what people think of as kinks, but even they have *something*. And some just haven't been introduced to the right "extreme" kink. Some sprinkles for their vanilla lol

I don't believe in a "diaper gene," no. But might there be some genetic predispositions? Well, … sure! I mean, having a Y chromosome certainly appears to be a big one. :) But perhaps there are specific genes that make a person more or less susceptible to developing ABDL attachments and behaviors. As a (possible) example of the latter: We seem to have a large number of autistic ABDLs. Autism definitely has genetic roots, and a characteristic of autism is a tendency to develop strong attachments to things and routines. Autistic children also spend more time in diapers (on average) than non-autistic children, so if there's an element of chance in becoming ABDL, and if it relates to the amount of time one wears diapers for need as a child, then autistics obviously get to roll the dice a few more times than the rest of us do.

It is interesting to wonder about for sure!

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and CheekyCharlie
Cottontail said:
I don't believe in a "diaper gene," no. But might there be some genetic predispositions? Well, … sure! I mean, having a Y chromosome certainly appears to be a big one. :) But perhaps there are specific genes that make a person more or less susceptible to developing ABDL attachments and behaviors. As a (possible) example of the latter: We seem to have a large number of autistic ABDLs. Autism definitely has genetic roots, and a characteristic of autism is a tendency to develop strong attachments to things and routines. Autistic children also spend more time in diapers (on average) than non-autistic children, so if there's an element of chance in becoming ABDL, and if it relates to the amount of time one wears diapers for need as a child, then autistics obviously get to roll the dice a few more times than the rest of us do.

It is interesting to wonder about for sure!
Yeah I'm an Autistic ABDL. While I didn't spend more time in Diapers than non Autistic people, and was potty trained at about 2 I think. There was 1 thing I was unaware of that could possibly have contributed to me liking Diapers. I was frequently in and out of the hospital for asthma, ear infections, pneumonia and more! So, after being potty trained I think my Mom said at the age of 3-5 the only place they could an IV in me at the hospital was in my foot being I was so small. So, while in the hospital I was put back in Diapers. But other than that that was it. I was never a bedwetter and I'm not incontinent so, that's the only time I had to wear Diapers after being potty trained.

I have a close family member about my age that is also abdl so I’m in the anything is possible camp though numerically this is probably just an extreme outlier.

• Love
Reactions: disabledinconben and ABDElsa
JaysonTheRegressor said:
We love to watch cartoons and colour! Our favourite show to watch together is Molang!
Do you both dress the part too when regressing (Diapers/Onesies/Pacifiers)? Do only you dress the part if your Mom doesn't wanna wear Diapers/wear a Onesie/suck a Pacifier? Or do you both just regress without Diapers/Onesies/Pacifiers?

It would be a dream come true to spend time with my Mom doing ABDL activities and wearing Diapers, Onesies, and sucking on Pacifiers! Unfortunately it'll never happen seeing as my Mom is not ABDL :-( However, this gives me an idea💡I know a way to make my dream come to life without it actually happening...🤔
STAY TUNED!

Last edited:
Back