Do any friends know?

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Curious have you all told any of your friends about wearing? I have usually been so shy about it but have told a few friends this summer and have been surprised how it has not been a big deal and they were cool with it. The other night one friend even asked if i wore one out which felt fun!

Reactions: checkingoutall and Panlantern
padded1989 said:
Curious have you all told any of your friends about wearing? I have usually been so shy about it but have told a few friends this summer and have been surprised how it has not been a big deal and they were cool with it. The other night one friend even asked if i wore one out which felt fun!
Nah it would be social suicide.

Reactions: littledreamers333, shannara6767, TreeLad and 1 other person
I think if I told any of my friends that I'm into nappy wearing, they would probably think I'm joking. But there is one guy who I sometimes have a drink with in the pub. and one day while we were in there, he went for a pee. when we had been there a while he offered to drop me back home as I had walked to the pub. before we left he asked me if I need a pee before we went. so I told him no I was fine. what he didn't realise was I was wearing a rather wet lil bella. it was a bit smelly but no one noticed.
I think in future if any one comments on the fact that I don't need to go for a pee in the pub, I'll just say its because of the medication I'm on.

Reactions: TreeLad, Panlantern and padded1989
All my friends and family knows. Sometimes i need to change when with them. No big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: checkingoutall, TrueHero and padded1989
No, and they will never know. I wear occasionally and just for fun in private, never around anyone. No interest in make this public to anybody, not now, nor ever.

I usually only share it with significant others who I really really trust trust, and of course local Ageplay community, but about four years ago I told my bestie.

I felt it was a need to know basis. Would it improve anything if I "came out of the nursery" to her? She's kinkfolk too and our streams were coming close to crossing.

For the longest I was pretty sure she knew and was just waiting for me to tell her on my own time. We would usually go to Pixar movies opening week. If we were in Target, we would always stop by the Star Wars toys. She told me she went to an Ageplay panel at a kink gathering. There's a lot of examples, but att times I was sure she was trying to give me the onramp to "coming out of the nursery" to her....

....or she had no idea.

When I finally tell her I'm a Little and wear diapers to reinforce the headspace, she went from I had no idea to of course you are. She was like we do a lot of Little things. I find out she had a MD/LG dynamic with a woman. In that first weekend I showed her my place for good coloring books.

Over three conversations I explained as much as I could. Told her how trauma kind of encoded this in me. How after a lot of introspection it was a coping mechanism that has helped more than hurt.

A month later she had me on a blind date with a Mommy Domme friend of hers.

My bestie will low key Little me when around other friends. Wink & nod, but no one else would be picking up on it.

It went really well.

I'm really close to telling bestie #2.

• Love
Reactions: Brumas94, littlemoosey, babyamelia and 1 other person
Most people know I wear nappies.

Reactions: checkingoutall and TrueHero
padded1989 said:
None of my friends know, though a couple may suspect. I see no reason to tell anyone. I ask myself, "How would this friendship be improved by making this disclosure? How would it make anything better?" It usually doesn't. There's simply no need to bring it up. Even if others wouldn't criticize or judge me, I suspect that the consensus would fall under the rubric of "TMI" = Too Much Information. It's not necessary for everyone to know everything about my private life. And they probably don't want to know, anyway.

Reactions: Ali123 and dous
Yes, I’ve told friends and family.

Reactions: checkingoutall
No one in my family and none of my friends know and I plan on keeping it that way.

Reactions: dous and littlemoosey
Nope. It's none of their business what kink I'm into.

Last edited:
Reactions: ik02, dous, littlemoosey and 1 other person
Absolutely not.

The only friends who know are here, and a private Facebook group for the same lifestyle. They wouldn’t out me bc they all wear. My family? Two people, I told once that I’ve worn something overnight a few times. They think it’s bc I’ll sneeze and trickle. It’s my private business and it’s on a need to know basis. In general, my friends and family don’t need to know, and they have no idea I’m into the kinks I have.

Reactions: dous and babybenji
I keep two life’s separate. It’s easier that way, I think it’s better to avoid complications

Reactions: oldskool and dous
None of my friends know.

My mother knows. I told her once after I thought she’d caught me.

Other than that, just therapists and spiritual advisors.

Since I have to wear 24/7 there has been times I have had to let others know but it's always on a need to know bases. Over the years I learned how to manage my diaper changes depending on the type of fluids I drink, how much I drink, and the quality of the diapers. Now that diapers have gotten so much better, I don't have to change as often so I don't need to really let others know. Now do any of my family and friends know that I was a diaper lover before I lost full bladder control, no, no family other than my wife knows that. My best friend is the only one that knows my full history about my diapers, love for them and what all I did growing up, getting older and what I am doing now as being old.

Diapers are underwear, so why should others really need to know what type of underwear you are wearing unless there is a true need.

All of my close friends (20+ people) and my entire family are all well aware of my issues. Kind of impossible to hide when you've racked up in excess of 700 days hospitalized. Thankfully the past few years have been slightly better on the hospital stays front though kind of worse on other fronts.

I keep saying this over and over and over...IF you exude CONFIDENCE in yourself, people will NOT take issue with anything with you (I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who needs to wear though this can apply to ANYONE!) whereas if you're acting all ashamed, lacking confidence, everyone somehow picks up on that and then looks for something to rib you with. Sorry...not feeling well, not enough sleep. Hope the words I chose make sense.

CptKirk

Reactions: checkingoutall, LePew and barkd74
Yes, I’ve told some friends and family. All good.

Reactions: checkingoutall and TrueHero
I told 2 of my best friends. No problems. One I chat with almost every day. We joke around with each other and my diaper wearing isn't off limits.

He called me up one time I was sleeping in and needed a hand with something on the computer. After getting up and realizing I absolutely soaked myself overnight, I said "sitting down isn't a good idea right now because apparently somebody peed my night pants like a lot." We proceeded to make drunk jokes while I changed my diaper with nice loud tape sounds lol.

• Haha
Reactions: checkingoutall, jamie2305, barkd74 and 3 others
I have one friend that I've told. We were invited to a day on the lake at a mutual friends home. I hesitated at first and he kept on me about getting out and having fun. I finally explained that I'd need to be able to change once we got there and before we left hinting to the fact I have issues getting to the bathroom and have been using new medication so I need to wear "protection". He totally understood and told me "well, that's what they make those things for". He's a great friend and wouldn't be likely to share my issues with others. Our friend didn't have any issues with me changing in their bathroom off the deck and I have a large backpack that I put my used one in while we partied on the lake. I was worried about nothing after all.

Reactions: checkingoutall, barkd74, padded1989 and 2 others
Back