DL becoming part of my daily routine

jessicalondon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I haven’t posted on ADISC much recently.

I’ve been in a diaper every day for 46 days. I’m focusing on incorporating DL into my daily routine, so that it is as usual and unremarkable as turning on the coffee maker, putting in my hearing aids, and feeding my cats, instead of a weird thing that I do that it would be better if I didn’t do.

It took a long time for me not to hate my need to wear a diaper, and not to purge after a binge. Reading here, and reading Dylan Lewis helps me see being DL as my normal. I’m coming closer to being as fine with DL as I am with enjoying reading or tending my flowers.

So I’ve kept to myself to give myself time to focus as I felt I needed to. Why I’m posting this today is that I want to express how much it has helped me to have access to other people like me and the inclusion I feel here. Even when I don’t post much, I check in, and that has been a positive thing.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, newAB43, Jorelaxed and 23 others
Good to hear you're embracing your normal. It can take time for us DL's to do so, but when you come to accept it, life is so much better.

Reactions: freedom69, Jorelaxed, Davvyboy and 4 others
Furrytum said:
Good to hear you're embracing your normal. It can take time for us DL's to do so, but when you come to accept it, life is so much better.
You are so right. It is so much better to let myself enjoy what feels so good and to nurture this need to be in a diaper 24/7.

Reactions: freedom69, Furrytum, Jorelaxed and 4 others
jessicalondon said:
You are so right. It is so much better to let myself enjoy what feels so good and to nurture this need to be in a diaper 24/7.
Good for you. Yes, I have struggled with acceptance for a very long time, but I have found that by engaging with other people on ADISC and a couple of periods of extended diaper wearing at the weekend has helped to stem the binge/purge cycle.
After last weekend’s period of being in nappies for four days, I feel a lot more comfortable in myself and have been equally relaxed over the last week of not wearing.
I now know that the need to be in diapers from time to time will not go away, at the moment I don’t need them, but this time the diapers are at the back of the cupboard and not in the trash.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Davvyboy, IamtheLorax and 4 others
Go Jessica!

Reactions: jessicalondon
jessicalondon said:

I’ve been in a diaper every day for 46 days. I’m focusing on incorporating DL into my daily routine, so that it is as usual and unremarkable as turning on the coffee maker, putting in my hearing aids, and feeding my cats, instead of a weird thing that I do that it would be better if I didn’t do.

It took a long time for me not to hate my need to wear a diaper, and not to purge after a binge. Reading here, and reading Dylan Lewis helps me see being DL as my normal. I’m coming closer to being as fine with DL as I am with enjoying reading or tending my flowers.

So I’ve kept to myself to give myself time to focus as I felt I needed to. Why I’m posting this today is that I want to express how much it has helped me to have access to other people like me and the inclusion I feel here. Even when I don’t post much, I check in, and that has been a positive thing.
I’ve did the same thing, so much happier since I embraced wearing diapers. I don’t wear everyday but most evening I’ll get diaped up and wear to bed.

Reactions: freedom69, Jorelaxed, Davvyboy and 2 others
jessicalondon said:

It is a wonderful thing to really have the support and also for me to know it’s going to be ok because I’m not alone.

• Love
Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Jorelaxed, Davvyboy and 3 others
That's awesome. I've liked for a long time but social around never jumped in until this past year.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, jessicalondon and Deleted member 39193
So glad to hear it, @jessicalondon. :) I've been doing my best over the last two years to normalize diapers in my own daily routine, and it's been a good move for my mental health. It's funny, too: I've told myself so many times that "I've accepted it," and then, a year or two later, I'll feel even even better about it all. Clearly, self-acceptance is not some binary thing that you either have or don't. I continue to experiment, and I continue to hang out here, because it continues to help.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, robdl15, Davvyboy and 4 others
I'm glad to hear you're embracing yourself! It's been a definite struggle for me because I was at first so alone with everything involving ABDL. I learned that my partner has the same interest in it, and felt a bit better. The more I tried to reject it because I felt it was too weird of an interest, the more I thought about it to the point it became insistent I do it. I realized after some months of not really thinking much of it that I should just embrace it. Took me over a year to finally get to the point where I'm now wearing around my partner and I feel so great! I wore one to bed last night and it was amazing.

Reactions: freedom69, Davvyboy and jessicalondon
I love being a PAMPERBOY!!!! When I started wearing diapers, I was nervous on how it would turn out, but got over my fears of this lifestyle, now I wouldn't change a thing, I'm so much happier now I wear EVERY DAY 24/7!!!! DIAPERS ALL THE WAY!!!!

Reactions: Magicalgirl101, jessicalondon and QTnPLASTIC
Happy to hear your finely getting more comfy with them !
It took some time before I got use to them and now it just normal clothing ..

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Davvyboy, jessicalondon and 2 others
Idk, I think if my DL became routine I'd lose the anticipation and excitement of getting to wear a diaper. I like to look forward to getting diapered up and sometimes the anticipation of it will be days before. When I finally do get to diaper up it's very exciting to me. I don't want to lose that because I really enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jessicalondon, Nervosa and Deleted member 39193
Nowididit said:
Idk, I think if my DL became routine I'd lose the anticipation and excitement of getting to wear a diaper. I like to look forward to getting diapered up and sometimes the anticipation of it will be days before. When I finally do get to diaper up it's very exciting to me. I don't want to lose that because I really enjoy it.
For me it’s been a question of finding the perfect balance. During my recent long weekend in nappies I mentioned in my blog that I wouldn’t want to wear full time as I too want nappy time to remain ‘special’. But, I needed those four days of 24/4 to help me to ‘normalise’ it enough to stop me from panicking and throwing everything thing out in another purge.

I think I have found that balance at long last. At the moment, I’m not feeling the need to be in nappies, but when I do again I also want to find it exciting again and hopefully, if it’s another weekend of three or four days in nappies, I would like to look forward to it in anticipation in the days leading up to it.

Maybe I’m just a very complicated being? 😊

Reactions: Jorelaxed and jessicalondon
Jessica:
I am also adjusting to being able to wear whenever I want now that I am living alone during the week. I have ranged from wearing all day, just pulling them down for #2, to just wearing overnight. And also making sure I have some nights undiapered so that I don’t become a bed wetter. Have ventured out in a diaper just a few times but only when I was staying local.
I must say that i never envisioned wearing as much as I am now, always being afraid of giving in to it so much. But I am really enjoying it.
Good luck on enjoying your balance. It sounds like we are both on a similar journey.

Reactions: Davvyboy, jessicalondon, Deleted member 39193 and 1 other person
@jessicalondon, that is really awesome that this facet of yourself is something acceptable in your life. It really sounds like you had some serious changes of heart in getting here.

I was also on a binge and purge cycle during my college years, struggling with feeling disgust and confusion to desiring returning to diapers as a fantasy slash fetish... perhaps linked to being Autistic and hypersensitive. Getting out of the habit of negative self-talk is still an ongoing issue, and having an open forum for sharing this really is a blessing. Thanks for sharing!! 🥰❤️

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Davvyboy, jessicalondon and 1 other person
DLmikey said:
For me it’s been a question of finding the perfect balance. During my recent long weekend in nappies I mentioned in my blog that I wouldn’t want to wear full time as I too want nappy time to remain ‘special’. But, I needed those four days of 24/4 to help me to ‘normalise’ it enough to stop me from panicking and throwing everything thing out in another purge.

I think I have found that balance at long last. At the moment, I’m not feeling the need to be in nappies, but when I do again I also want to find it exciting again and hopefully, if it’s another weekend of three or four days in nappies, I would like to look forward to it in anticipation in the days leading up to it.

Maybe I’m just a very complicated being? 😊
Nah, you're not that complicated because I feel the same way you do. You were just more articulate in the way you stated it.
Diaper times are special to me too. I look forward to days off when I can pad up and just lounge around.
Wearing everyday would be like observing Xmas every day. It would lose its magic and excitement.

Reactions: jessicalondon, MetalDan86 and Deleted member 39193
Shortly after I wrote the post that began this thread, I didn't want to be in a diaper. That lasted until yesterday. I thought about putting on a diaper, but I didn't. I sort of watched how much I wanted to, just to see how intense my need & desire would be.
This morning I woke up wanting to be in a diaper, and I put one on first thing. I am currently locked in my diaper harness with a nicely wet diaper. I'm not sure when I'm allowed to change it, and that's ok.
It is so interesting to see the desire and the need fade and come back. Now that I don't purge, I have plenty of diapers on the "nursery shelves" in my closet.

Embracing that I am DL really feels good.

I don't know who will see this follow-up post, but if you commented above, Thank You. I appreciate your supporting words.

• Love
Reactions: RoseofThorns, Davvyboy, diaperdude and 2 others
jessicalondon said:
Shortly after I wrote the post that began this thread, I didn't want to be in a diaper. That lasted until yesterday. I thought about putting on a diaper, but I didn't. I sort of watched how much I wanted to, just to see how intense my need & desire would be.
This morning I woke up wanting to be in a diaper, and I put one on first thing. I am currently locked in my diaper harness with a nicely wet diaper. I'm not sure when I'm allowed to change it, and that's ok.
It is so interesting to see the desire and the need fade and come back. Now that I don't purge, I have plenty of diapers on the "nursery shelves" in my closet.

Embracing that I am DL really feels good.

I don't know who will see this follow-up post, but if you commented above, Thank You. I appreciate your supporting words.
So happy for you. Today I have embraced my thankfulness to wear diapers. I wore one with plastic pants to the theater to see Avatar. I was able to see the entire movie, but when I stood up I couldn’t make it to the bathroom and emptied because I couldn’t stop. No accident so I was so glad.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, jessicalondon, MetalDan86 and 1 other person
Glad that you took/taking time to really work on things like this. I hate that to so many out there that those of us wearing and using diapers makes us either babies or nursing home bound all because that is what is was drilled into our heads in order to get through potty training. If we need diapers for medical reasons, safety reasons, secure reasons, it shouldn't matter. What matters is that our "underwear" is our "underwear" and we do what is needed in order for us to live the quality of life we want to live. Quality of life isn't just making it through day to day, but allowing us to live and live happy. I personally and so thankful that there are really good adult diapers out there that I can wear so that I don't have to live the life of a hermit, I live the life of a normal person. I just have to change my "underwear" more often.

Reactions: jessicalondon
Back