Status
Not open for further replies.

clothbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Well I guess i thought the only disposables sold were Depends as all I wore were cloth diapers as the disposables just were not fun.
Cheap styles of baby diapers.

So all my cloth diaper supplies are gone...sold and now all in on disposables.

One of the biggest changes is my wife now loves disposables...no smells...no diaper pail...no well this past year I decided to try disposables.

I have used cloth always with plastic pants and pins.

A baby from the 50's.

So,I did not keep up with all the new products on the market from Rearz,Tykables,and so on.

Thought the only plastic backed were Depends. What a surprise with all the fun prints and styles.

I do not like the cloth backed hybrid or the hybrid two tab diapers.Just plastic backed four tabbed diapers.

My wife is now so supportive that she loves seeing me in diapers more that ever, and expects diaper changes during the day.

I hope all you DL's or ab's can get to a point that your spouse or lover can be like my wife...very supportive.In fact the other day she asked where is your pacifier. Well I have had a virus and it was hard to suck my paci. Back sucking now.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 74
Like you, I'm a 50's baby. Just cloth diapers and plastic pants for most of my diapered life. With the new generation of disposables I'm now diapered in a disposable 5 or 6 nights out of 7 nights a week. Betterdry and Crinklz are my favorites now. Fit great, hold gallons and best of all no laundry. Sometimes though a cloth diaper and plastic pants is just what I need. More for my mind than my sleep. Just started wearing onesies and that completes the nighttime clothing selection for me. Onesiesdownunder.com are the best IMO

Yes, disposables are much more convenient, and when I travel or am away from home for a few days, I wear them. But most of the time I wear my cloth diapers and plastic pants because that is what I am used to.

Being a 90's Baby, I prefer disposables, after all, they were the diaper I was raised on, so it makes sense that when I want to regress, I want to be taped up snug in a disposable. I know and understand completely the knocks against disposables; they add to land fill mass, they aren't easy to recycle or breakdown, but certainly, the ecological footprint I'm leaving as a result of my AB side pales in comparison to the mark actual babies are leaving and will continue to leave as I don't see disposables getting fazed out any time soon.

I tried a cloth diaper only once, with my former Mommy friend and I have to say, I don't get the hype. Maybe it's one of those deals where you had to be there at the time or you had to grow up on them to truly enjoy them, but I found the material very itchy, the absorption factor was less than stellar, plastic pants always make me feel hot and sweaty and the clean-up is far more taxing on everyone involved. My Mommy friend had to wash the darn thing for hours on end, after doing so, she told me, "I think Mommy is gonna stick to disposables from here on out".

Disposables are comfy, convenient, aesthetically pleasing, highly functional and they bring a nostalgia factor and sense of realism to my regression time that is unparalleled. So yeah, Disposables win for me hands down.

I'm a '60s baby, so I'm sure I was raised with cloth diapers too, which may explain my affinity for them. That said, I don't wear them very often and find the laundering and care of them and the accompanying plastic pants to be burdensome. I also have a hard time figuring out when they're on the brink of leaking. They don't swell like disposables, so there is no "feel" to them when they're at capacity. Yes, I could stick my hand down there and check to see how far the wetness has progressed, but I'm not used to having to do that.

I think at least some of the attraction is that cloth diapers are kind of clothing, so it feels extra naughty to wet a cloth diaper. When I want that kind of thing, I pull a cloth diaper and plastic pant out of my collection, use it, and then I'm done for at least another couple months. It's an itch that needs to be scratched for me, but only every so often.

-RMS

I’m a late 50s baby, and cloth diapers and plastic pants were all there were.

When you’re in cloth diapers and you have someone caring for you, diaper changes become languid and very personal. Disposables have a way of “hiding” what diaper manufacturers call “the insult.” When I’m wearing a cloth diaper, on the other hand, whatever I’ve done is pretty evident.

It’s also hard to rush through a cloth diaper change. Just rolling up a wet adult diaper or rinsing a dirty one takes time. There’s no “quick swap” as with a disposable. Again, if you’re caring for yourself, the time requirements and the process of changing might be negatives, and often are. But when you have someone caring for you, being in cloth creates a vastly different experience.

Last edited:
sbmccue said:
I’m a late 50s baby, and cloth diapers and plastic pants were all there were.

When you’re in cloth diapers and you have someone caring for you, diaper changes become languid and very personal. Disposables have a way of “hiding” what diaper manufacturers call “the insult.” When I’m wearing a cloth diaper, on the other hand, whatever I’ve done is pretty evident.

It’s also hard to rush through a cloth diaper change. Just rolling up a wet adult diaper or rinsing a dirty one takes time. There’s no “quick swap” as with a disposable. Again, if you’re caring for yourself, the time requirements and the process of changing might be negatives, and often are. But when you have someone caring for you, being in cloth creates a vastly different experience.

I would say for those of us from this generation. You nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back