Different Taping Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried this today, and suddenly the fit of my diaper is so much better. Thank you!

It's un-usual to say the least, what I do - the standard method - works for me so...if it's not broke folks! bringmesunshine p.s I do believe however that Maxine of NurseryThymes used this method with a Tena Slip a few years ago, it didn't last as I switched to Cuddlz two-tapes to keep with what i prefer...sort of!

Like a lot of other people I tried it tonight and surprisingly the fit feels so much better. Highly recommended

I've been taping similar to that for a while now, though nowhere near as extreme as they angled and overlapped the tapes in that video. The key is mainly that you don't cinch the bottom tapes around your leg contour, as this prevents the elastic around the leg openings from doing it's job properly. You're not relying on a watertight seal to prevent leaks, you're relying on the elastic raising the edge of the leak guard above the padding enough that liquids will run over the padding instead of out the side. Once you have the bottom tapes not pulling the leg openings so tight, the top tapes can do whatever you want without having much impact on the leaks unless you're laying down on your front.

I've been attempting this style for the second time since the night of monday the 31st...the first nappy I tried it with was a bad brand not-up-to-scratch but on monday night I 'employed' the technique on a Classic Tena Slip Maxi Med' (of which I still have many!). It was disconcerting at first, you think the tapes shouldn't ping off coz they're Teana tapes (pretty legendary) but (oooooh) they look like they're going to...of course they didn't off-ping and every tape stayed in place during night one...and night two same nappy (have spoken about this previously that that is my policy - to save ££ it's: same nappy for three nights, wet before start of third night and dispose come the morning): It is quite a tight taping, if you're not entirely satisfied with the positioning of your 'equipment' (gents) then here's the bad news - you're gonna have to except the situation because with this particular taping getting a hand in agterwards is impossible...unless it's just me......which I don't expect! So that's a downside but as you'd expect there's an upside and the comfort is incredible, I still don't think I'd do it often as - weirdly - I'm a man-of-habit more over hightened joy! I won't be attempting this taping style tonight - I just don't have enough faith in the tapes and this is justified as it's a testing lay-down for them...I wasn't even doing it as extreme as i the video...I don't think.

In conclusion though I still suggest you - any of you! - try this taping-method if you haven't, it makes your disposable kinda look a bit like a cloth-nappy (if that's understandable!) and the comfort is quite blissful! Happy Nappy Taping. bringmesunshine

So i tried this but it seems the same as normal taping to me.. maybe I'm doing it wrong or something. Hmm, guess I'll try again until I perfect it. >.<

Hmmm seems like a good idea gonna try this too

I agree with babymt above. Works best on larger cut diapers. My experience with right sized diaper, this technique will not prevent leaks any better, but may be more comfortable in some cases.

I've been doing it this way for about a week with Northshore Supremes and I really like it. I never much liked the bottom tabs pointing up and the top tabs pointing down approach before. But by pulling them pretty tight and overlapping or at least almost overlapping, it does make it fit better. I'm using size large so I agree that it probably helps because they are a bit big but I have some excess belly to deal with and I don't generally get size M because I want the diaper to rise up a little higher. This method definitely helps keep the top more secure. I'm sold on this! Gonna have to try it on some of my Dry 24/7s next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back