Did your siblings know about your bedwetting?

goodnites

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm seeing a lot of stories about bedwetters hiding the fact that they wet the bed or wore diapers from their siblings and I thought it was odd since for me everyone knew. If you had siblings, and you were a bedwetter, did they know or was it taboo and no one would talk about it. If you wore diapers did they know?

So, yes my family knew i was a bedwetter, but that didnt stop my brother from teasing me about it from time to time when not home, he was older and if he was with his friends and such would elude at minimum to even openly say i was a baby or i had a water bed or peed the bed, etc.
I usually didnt react or anything to it as much as i could but it usually did the job of me not being around him. So that was the goal at minimum.

But, other than my family, my best friend and thier family knew about it, as i would stay with them from time to time and also he would stay with us a well in the summer, usually for week to weeks, his family an my family both had cabins and in the summer i would usually not be in the city and at his or my family's cabins most the summer.

As it were they needed to know as had to deal with the bedwetting when i was with them and my friend did know too, and was just a normal thing and really never had any teasing about the bedwetting and as later in life when i was able to take care of it myself got to the point that i got my own diapers and took care of everything (rode bike to the store for them (and other stuff) made money on some side gigs when even very little).

But, after taking care of it myself to that degree my parents one day were "Proud" of my not having wetting issues, and i just left it at that and hid any signs of it and didnt speak of it for a good 30+ years and only came up as a side thing but wasnt a big deal when it did.

So, in middle school My mom usually did diaper me at night, and also they always kept my bedroom door locked at bedtime anyhow for sleepwalking (i'd get into and do some wierd things (still do) sleepwalkin, quite dangerous things, digging through knives, razors, cosmetics/meds, food, reorginize things in the house and creat havoc. I guess i did throw fits/tatrums when i'd getup and not able to get out of room (dont remeber as was likely sleepwalking) so my room was pretty clear of anything dangerous. So in reality i'd need a diaper at night, but i do know they would check in on me when they would hear me up at night, but.

So, till i was taking care of it myself (IC that is) it was the normal bedtime and diapered and the door locked till gotten up for the morning. After i was taking care of it myself, parent would still lock the door when they went to bed for the night, and that was just usual till like a year before i left home (moved) they talked to me about not locking the door, which TBH i thought was just normal and never thought about the door being locked.

Once on my own, i soon was working (didnt finish college) and was making good money doing contracting and soon also had a GF that knew about things too, then also personal assistants for work/personal stuff (quite often on local and one that went on the road with me) as needed that for work things and also used for sleeping/sleepwalking issues as well.

But as it were, after at parents, my GF's and also the kids knew about the IC issues at night and it was just a normal thing, i'd gotten some questions from 5yo's about it (as the kids told them) which i'd be honest as it was a medical thing afterall. So, my family, friends (even to this day), kids, all know about the iussues even the sleepwalking and alike. And often parents of kids friends would know, but i'm not going to lie to them about it for any reason, that isnt worth the effort to me.

I understand the want to not tell people, but in all reality family and anyone you might stay with for any length of time is going to know or find out, and when/if they do i'm honest about it. I also dont go around introducing my self as "Hi, I'm a bedwetter, and you name is?".

But, i also understant the more want to hide it if it's not entirely IC and there is some kink or ABDL in the mix as well, as it's not like people talk about thier kinks or sex life much.

So, I really think that anyone that is/was a bedwetter/IC will ever be able to truly hide things for long without a huge amount of worry and stress in the doing so (i did fo a few years so i know, but also my parents were not real attentive or snopping around types and were gone quite often and kids were left alone at a rather young age without any sitters). So hiding this from family for me is not worth the effort and stress to do so, and whilst i dont flaunt it, i also dont really hide it either and if someone asks or eludes to diapers i just am honest and it's never been an issues in either business or personal for me, as all my GF's have understood, but i tend towards women that are a bit on the kinky side (not abdl but other areas) so that would make them more apt to be accepting of it vs women that are more towards the vanilla side of things, I've never been intrested in the prim and proper girls myself, and am really more intrested in women that are very intelligent as well and not really traditional, but to each thier own.

So, bottom line:
Yes, anyone that sees/asks will get the true story and know i have IC issues.
Also, that anyone that is IC should NEVER feel like they need to hide a medical issue, it's no different than having diabetes or high blood pressure or chrons or IBS and should be treated just the same, its not your fault or a choice, its just how your body is.

Peace!

Yeah mine did two older sisters.
My parents were very open about my incontinence I'd always get up and go downstairs for breakfast in just a vest and nappy before school then shower get ready and go.
Weekends I'd sit around like that for ages watching tv. Till i was maybe 13.
They obviously teased me from time to time

I have an older sister she knew and would sometimes put on my night time diaper... During warmer weather I'd wear a diaper and a t shirt around the house....

I have an older Brother and sister. Both knew about my bedwetting and were told not to upset me over it. Both were ok and my sister used to help with the nappies that I wore back then even when I was at the point of putting them on myself. They were cloth terry squares and she made sure they were tight enough and all was contained in the rubber or plastic pants. My brother never got involved.

Only sibling was a sister 8 years my senior. More than knew, in the early years I’d say she delighted in my bedwetting often encouraging me to drink water before going to bed. Come morning, when mom wasn’t around, she’d inquire as to whether I wet the bed last night. Unfortunately her interests changed leaving me to fend for myself.

My older brother and younger sister knew. I wet the bed until I was 14-15, it was embarrassing, my older brother tried to “out” me to my friends , he was awful, I’m pretty sure my bedwetting was down to his bullying in the first place!
It’s ok though , he’s a loser now 😆… karma

mrpegassus said:
My older brother and younger sister knew. I wet the bed until I was 14-15, it was embarrassing, my older brother tried to “out” me to my friends , he was awful, I’m pretty sure my bedwetting was down to his bullying in the first place!
Wow he "tried" to out you? Did your friends end up finding out?

My younger brother always ratted on me to Mom every time I wet my bed.

I only wet the bed from about 9 to 12 years of age, and I have a sister who is 5 years younger than me.

We (my parents and I) did not hide the fact that I wet the bed so I think my sister must have known.

However, I asked my sister several years ago if she remembers me wetting the bed and she said she doesn't remember.

mrpegassus said:
Yes my brother was similar, he would sometime just say it or other times elude to it, whatever he could to try to get to me, he was older so most the years had a hard time in an actual fight with him, but i took him a few times, once to the hospital with some nice stiches and ascar to rememeber.

So, your not alone on that front having a sibling that uses it against you when they can. He was careful to not do it when around mom for obvious reasons.

Reactions: mrpegassus
Only had a younger brother - yes he knew I peed my bed and had to wear diapers at night - he also wet his bed, but stopped at about 8, I was still wetting then and continued to do regularly into my mid teens - having been a late bedwetter himself he was always sympathetic - it was just normal for me to wake up with a wet diaper under my pj’s

Reactions: wetaccident and babyjunior03
goodnites said:
Wow he "tried" to out you? Did your friends end up finding out?
No luckily. he put a couple of my used wet diapers on the other side of my bedroom door so that when me and my friend was leaving after playing the PlayStation they would just be lay there when we opened the door… luckily I came out of the room before hand and shifted them quickly,
I’m not sure I would have been able to make a quick excuse up on the spot if I was questioned in that circumstance.

Bigbabybret said:
Yes my brother was similar, he would sometime just say it or other times elude to it, whatever he could to try to get to me, he was older so most the years had a hard time in an actual fight with him, but i took him a few times, once to the hospital with some nice stiches and ascar to rememeber.

So, your not alone on that front having a sibling that uses it against you when they can. He was careful to not do it when around mom for obvious reasons.
Same situation , he had 6 years on me so I had no chance growing up and he was and still is a sadist.
I didn’t put him in the hospital but I sure put him in his place when he tried intimidating me in my mid 20s .
Jeez, older brothers sure cause trauma 😆

Reactions: Bigbabybret
It was never any secret I wet the bed. My sister used to delight in telling anyone that her older brother was a nightly bedwetter. The mother's mafia in our street talked openly about their kids so if anyone was a bedwetter it was common knowledge.

Last edited:
Yeah I unfortunately don’t know how it could have been hidden lol. I wet the bed regularly until I was thirteen, and occasionally for a couple years after. There really wasn’t much privacy in the house lol.

I had an older brother and sister. They really really weren’t very cool about it. Neither were ever bedwetters.

When diapers first got reintroduced when I was around eight, my mom forced them to not say anything because I was so ashamed of how they’d react. But that honestly lasted a nice month before they brought it up lol.

They’d both threaten to tell people and often would. They’d tell me “grab us a soda or we’ll tell everyone you still pee your bed.”

I got along well with my sister and I honestly just think she thought it was cute and considered it more of a light teasing. My brother was really a huge bully to me and would genuinely make it hell. He’d pants me in front of people when he new I was diapered and just be really crude about it.

Pretty much my whole extended family was aware as well. My mom didn’t really shame me much for it, but she also didn’t worry about keeping it hidden.

I had a bunch of cousins and was one of the youngest ones, though there were several my age and younger. A couple of the younger ones wet the bed but they all stopped a long time before me.

We’d go on family vacations together and I’d be like twelve and only one to wet the bed or need to wear diapers.

My extended family didn’t really tease me much directly about the bedwetting. But I just always treated a bit like the baby and punching bag. I was always “grouped” with the younger kids until even they sort of out paced me.

Pretty much everyone had seen me wet my pants, everyone had seen me wear diapers. There was really no point in even trying to hide it around the house or on vacation.

Don’t see how you could hide it really. Mine knew about my Nappies they both had wet at various times but both dry before their older bro 🙄

Yes, my sister is four years older than I am. My sister introduced me to her friends from school as her “Baby brother” with an emphasis on the word “baby”. I remember this being embarrassing for me by age nine or ten. My ability to feel embarrassed started working very late. I am on the autism spectrum. I was level two back then but I’m level one now.

I wet the bed until I was around ten or eleven years old and wore disposable diapers at night for it. Most of this time I wore Pampers for it (this was back during the late 1970s until about the mid-1980s). Toward the end I outgrew the largest Pampers of that period and wore something that looked similar from a local medical supply store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigbabybret
I don't know if my siblings knew, but I did wet the bed up until my teens.

Both my older brother (by 3 years) and I wet beds. I stopped when I was like in 5th grade and my brother had continued on wetting his bed thru high school. Because we both had issues so we didn’t give each other hard times. I felt bad for him cuz he was much older and it had to be embarrassing. I remember going with my mom to pick him up from a sleepover and I was seeing his friend’s mom taking out the mattress outside to let it air dry. And I knew my brother had done it.

Back