Did you not change your diaper for nearly days as a teenager?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've always been IC. When I was a teenager, I didn't just have some run-of-the-mill angst. It was for real painful dread. Of course I experienced teenager emotions like anger or typically being moody. I hate to admit this but it wasn't unusual for me to hang around in my bedroom and simply not change my diaper for almost the weekend. Sometimes from Friday afternoon to mid-Sunday. My mom would knock on my door and finally look in and she could smell my bedroom. She knew I had been wearing an extremely dirty diaper for hours. If only she knew how long. My diaper was completely messy for over 36 hours.

She'd ask me to get clean, take a shower and put on a fresh diaper so I could join the family for dinner. Obviously what I'd been doing wasn't good. Or normal. From wearing a really messy diaper along with getting a bad rash, it just wasn't healthy. I'd see my therapist and she never knew. She understood, like treating most teenagers, but she also acknowledged that I was profoundly incontinent. I finally got myself together and stopped doing what I was doing.

I like to represent myself as an intelligent and engaging adult. Despite being medically incontinent, for the most part I am. But I do have a history of having mental problems related IC difficulties. Years of therapy certainly helped. Did you have a mental related IC issues? Did you get the therapy you needed?

• Sad
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Zeke and Diprs2
greatlake5 said:
I've always been IC. When I was a teenager, I didn't just have some run-of-the-mill angst. It was for real painful dread. Of course I experienced teenager emotions like anger or typically being moody. I hate to admit this but it wasn't unusual for me to hang around in my bedroom and simply not change my diaper for almost the weekend. Sometimes from Friday afternoon to mid-Sunday. My mom would knock on my door and finally look in and she could smell my bedroom. She knew I had been wearing an extremely dirty diaper for hours. If only she knew how long. My diaper was completely messy for over 36 hours.

She'd ask me to get clean, take a shower and put on a fresh diaper so I could join the family for dinner. Obviously what I'd been doing wasn't good. Or normal. From wearing a really messy diaper along with getting a bad rash, it just wasn't healthy. I'd see my therapist and she never knew. She understood, like treating most teenagers, but she also acknowledged that I was profoundly incontinent. I finally got myself together and stopped doing what I was doing.

I like to represent myself as an intelligent and engaging adult. Despite being medically incontinent, for the most part I am. But I do have a history of having mental problems related IC difficulties. Years of therapy certainly helped. Did you have a mental related IC issues? Did you get the therapy you needed?
My dual ic is due to a seizure that I had after I abruptly quit taking gabapentin that was prescribed to me off label to treatment fiber myalgia. Being as I was taking the maximum dosage, and it’s an anti seizure drug, when I abruptly quit taking it I induced a seizure, or at least that’s what my neurologist hypothesized happened. Dual incontinence was one of the things that resulted from the seizure so I guess that I would have to say that I have a mental related IC issue.

I was an odd child / teen
I hated being dirty
Mom never had to beg me to bathe or shower I was in it every day
I changed my morning diaper by lunch time that would be the longest I'd keep it on
Now I was shy and changed very privately
from about age 12 on I was the last person besides my doctor to see me naked
Id change with door locked or towel on or at sleepovers summer camps in my sleeping bag
Id wear baggy clothes to hide my diaper

Zeke said:
I would have to say that I have a mental related IC issue.
I think with the mental/IC problems, it happens with almost all IC teenagers. You didn't have to be incontinent to experience these emotions The emotional ups and downs , or moods, they're the parts of being adolescences and their changes. It's just natural. But when you see how IC upsets a teenager, you can understand a kid's life erupts with difficulties. For the most part I was a fairly happy and normal kid. My grades were good, had friends and loving family who were very interested. But when it comes to being IC, when I was hanging around in my own room, my behavior twisted. I would put on a couple of boosters so I didn't have to change. And if I had a BM, I just refused to change. For hours. Obviously I did get myself together. I'm just wondering how other teenagers did the same thing about not changing for extended hours?

I definitely did this in my teens, I had a bit of a 'phase' where I would withdraw into my bedroom and isolate if I was feeling anxiety and depression. Under certain circumstances I might be left alone and unsupervised for a whole day, and I would just stay there in my room, not leave the room, not change, just sit there and basically spend time online. My bedroom was in the basement away from the others on the top floor so I would stay in there, put a towel under the door, smoke pot and sit in there in my mess. The towel did double duty keeping the smells from getting into the rec room.

Reactions: DiaperWoman14, Riley, Andrewgdfw and 2 others
DiaperDiva said:
I definitely did this in my teens, I had a bit of a 'phase' where I would withdraw into my bedroom and isolate if I was feeling anxiety and depression. Under certain circumstances I might be left alone and unsupervised for a whole day, and I would just stay there in my room, not leave the room, not change, just sit there and basically spend time online. My bedroom was in the basement away from the others on the top floor so I would stay in there, put a towel under the door, smoke pot and sit in there in my mess. The towel did double duty keeping the smells from getting into the rec room.
I'd do the same thing. (minus the pot smoking part)

My bedroom always stank of stale urine from my nightly bedwetting

DiaperDiva said:
There was a time when I was definitely feeling kind of depressed for sure. I was 20 and my overactive bladder and urge and problem was just worse . I was having too many accidents going out for the day my pants wet. My sister was trying to be very nice about it, she finally convinced me to get the old-fashioned very absorbent diapers to wear during the day I was already using them at night

But there were times I would just put on a large, big thick diaper and hang out in my room, just coming out to get some food. it be early in the morning and I would just stay in my room for the entire day sometimes. I had on a thick large diaper in plastic pants. I would urinate in the diaper and then later in the morning make a really big turd in my diaper. I go watch TV in the living room. My sister would come around and notice that I really needed a diaper change because I made more more of a big load in my diaper later. Even with the plastic pants the diaper is getting very saturated heavy. My sister would help me just get up and , get to the shower where I could clean up and change into a fresh diaper. This happened for 2 or so after 3 weeks got some antidepressant medicine at doctors and started feeling better doing some exercise. But it was definitely a few weeks of repeating the same thing. Just hanging around the house eating and , not really interacting not changing my diaper after using it during the day like I should have. But never went back to feeling that way after those couple of weeks.

Last edited:
DiaperDiva said:
I definitely did this in my teens, I had a bit of a 'phase' where I would withdraw into my bedroom and isolate if I was feeling anxiety and depression.
With out a doubt, high school felt like I was doomed. I did have a couple of friends but I wasn't in the popular group. I went for Catholic schools (from grammar to high school.). The best part of it was the teachers (nuns, brothers and other private teachers) who embraced dignity. It didn't always work that way. But at least I wasn't bullied. Just your regular teasing. Everyone knew I wore a diaper.

After I came home from school, I withdrew to my own bedroom. As long I didn't have to go back to school, the weekends became the perfect storm for twisted behavior. Particularly not changing my diaper. My therapist had no clue about what I had been doing (including my parents). I think at some point I finally had to heal myself. Of course my mom, the rest of the family and my therapist where helpful. But I believe healing myself was the best thing I could ever do.

Wetshisbed said:
My bedroom always stank of stale urine from my nightly bedwetting
Even when I was a teenager, I never really had that stink of pee. Of course there was a small scent like any IC person. But it was always a combination of rash cream, powder and, okay, a wet or poopy smell. Not so that it had an obvious poop aroma. I didn't start using internal deodorants until I got a little older (my doctor gave me the information). Before that my bedroom could smell. Especially those weekend when I stayed in my bedroom without changing my diaper. Sometimes when I came back from school, my mom would clean my room and spray and sanitize. Thanks for that my bedroom wasn't that bad.

Last edited:
greatlake5 said:
I think with the mental/IC problems, it happens with almost all IC teenagers.
I completely agree. Every teenagers feels all these changes. It's just growing as a kid to a young adult. You don't have to be incontinent to have these emotions. I was an IC teenager. And it wasn't my favorite time. High school was terrible at times and it wasn't fun. Everyone knew. Even if I tried to hide it. I had a few of these weekends when I was lazy and full of depression. I sat around and resisted my parents to change my diaper. I simply sat in my room with a soaked and messy diapers for hours. The longest that I did was 24 hours. I would finally clean-up and shower. I just didn't like having diaper rash. If the rash never happened, I might have stayed wet and messy for days. Eventually my mom would tell me it's not fare to the rest of the family. And I was acting like a baby. I'd finally change my diaper. I can't quite remember when I stopped doing that. Looking back it was a difficult time for me.

Back