Did anyone else have a Plastic Pant Fetish as a Child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey said:
This is the outside though. The inside has the taffeta coating I think. Its against the nylon so there is a slight micro texture, its pleasing. you can of course turn it inside out to wear the nylon inside. Its not rough, its pretty pleasing too. I ordered 4 more.
View attachment 66277
Hey, forgot to ask, are your Sani-Pants the pull on type or are they the snap on? Where did you get them? Online store? Price? I am really interested in giving these a try...

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
I’m overwhelmed by the number of responses and have lost track of the recommendations for the best quality vinyl panties on the market today. The ones I have bought in the past have been disappointing because they become brittle and split at the seams after a few months. Please help.

BuddyBoy said:
I’m overwhelmed by the number of responses and have lost track of the recommendations for the best quality vinyl panties on the market today. The ones I have bought in the past have been disappointing because they become brittle and split at the seams after a few months. Please help.
Babykins are always a good one to get. My Protex in the U.S. are good and Rearz/ Incontrol diapers are also good. Best of luck on your search

BuddyBoy said:
Does anyone recall the advertisement of the young adolescent boy wearing stay dry panties? Has anyone actually worn them?
I have worn them, still have 10 or 12 of the snap type.

Reactions: bedwetter bobby
Wholio said:
I have worn them, still have 10 or 12 of the snap type.
Never owned a pair, know of them by the ad of the boy who looks to be a young adolescent. Do you recall.?

leafgoalie said:
Babykins are always a good one to get. My Protex in the U.S. are good and Rearz/ Incontrol diapers are also good. Best of luck on your search
Thank you, leafgalie. I never had much luck with the babykins, will follow up on the Protex and Rearz.

70sPampers said:
You guys are still talking about the Salk Sani-Pants, right? I think the textured plastic (or whatever material they are made of) has always attracted me, since it reminds me of the textured Gerber vinyl pants, and of course, the textured vintage diaper plastic that I love so much. I don't think I need to worry about peeling laminate or anything since I will NOT be washing them as much as someone who actually uses them for the purpose in which they were made. One of these days I may just get me a pair of these Sani-Pants and find out exactly how much they arouse me...
This thread intrigues me ! The Salk pants, are you guys thinking of the "Pro Pants" ? They were mostly a diamond embossed 4 mil vinyl exterior, available up to the mid 90s. I used these after Stay Dri pants were unavailable.
Angelapinks said:
About the time I turned 12 or 13 I got a newspaper delivery route starting at 5:30 in the morning. This enabled me to buy things I wanted thaty my parents could not afford. In the winter with freezing temps and snowstorms I was able to go into a Coin Laundry that was opened by an old man who cleaned the place before the day began. I was really happy to have a warm place to fold my papers and load in the bike carrier for my appointed rounds. Most business types on my route wanted the paper there in time for breakfast before their work day began so I needed to be fast and efficient if I wanted tips on collection day. The warmth of the laundry was not the only perk as I discovered many discarded or forgotten plastic pants in the lost & found box almost every day and many of them followed me home so I kept them LOL. In the winter I was suitably clothed in my plastic pants and tights under my pants and winter coat so I kept pretty warm to deliver the papers, making sure to follow instructions as to ware the paper was to be left out of the weather. This often got me pretty good tips from the business types and as I had extra funds I could go to the local department store and buy my favourite pink or white plastic pants under the guise of gifts for my baby sister. After many such trips one sales lady was wise to me and finally asked if I needed them for myself. Blushing like a pink rose I admitted they were and she assumed I was a bed wetter so I never said yes or no and just took my prize purchases home to hide from prying eyes.
I learned early on about the fortunes found at a laundromat. I walked past one on my way home from school. I would frequently stop in for the vending machines and quickly learned about plastic pants in the lost and found, but often in the trash cans near the folding tables. I observed pants being shaken out to be folded and in the process defects were found. Strait to the trash they would go. All laundered and perfect for my purpose.
It was there I learned of "totteler super large
70sPampers said:
You guys are still talking about the Salk Sani-Pants, right? I think the textured plastic (or whatever material they are made of) has always attracted me, since it reminds me of the textured Gerber vinyl pants, and of course, the textured vintage diaper plastic that I love so much. I don't think I need to worry about peeling laminate or anything since I will NOT be washing them as much as someone who actually uses them for the purpose in which they were made. One of these days I may just get me a pair of these Sani-Pants and find out exactly how much they arouse me...
Salk did make a flannel lined vinyl film pant. It was refered to as style 450 from the late 60s into the late 90s. Prior to that they were refered to as style 200 (hospital use) flannel lined and thin plastic, almost short term use. Also had style 400, consumer grade surgical/bedwetting pants. These Salk pants were very commen with post surgical applications, betwetters of all ages and the seniors. The 400 and 450 were both flannel lined, snap or pull on and offered additional snap in liners.
It was commen to see these pants in grade school nurses offices as well as hanging on wash lines in the late 60s early 70s u

• Love
Reactions: bedwetter bobby, KeyProtection and Angelapinks
BuddyBoy said:
Never owned a pair, know of them by the ad of the boy who looks to be a young adolescent. Do you recall.?
I recall as if it was yesterday ! I could easily have been their poster boy. As I recall they could handle 1 wetting without additional layers. Vinyl was extremely smooth and payable. I had a drawer full, up to about 12 yo. Wore them almost every night and occasionally day. Now I just have a strong interest in plastic pants with a staggering collection.

vp39 said:
My suspicion is that the only reason taffeta-pattern rollers became the norm to begin with was through imitation. All it took for the changeover to smooth rollers that produced a smooth-finished film was for one vendor to push that as an advantage, apparently successfully. The change happened long enough ago that perhaps no one still in the business of manufacturing vinyl film remembers why....
The biggest factor was when Union Carbide had the difficulties in India back in the 80s. UC made the product "Krene" which Gerber and a lot of other manufacturers used for vinyl film products.
UC moved a lot of their compounding for their vinyl products offshore to meet newer EPA standards. As time went on lawsuits took a chunk out of UC and with the "green" movements of the 90s to today, vinyl, PVC films are being phased out because of the softeners.
The diamond pattern was useful for several purposes. It's main purpose was pliability and strength. The softeners used in the past several years don't seem to work well unless rolled out in a smooth film. Today's vinyl film is not nearly as strong or pliable as the Krene we grew up with. This is a good example of the textured Chinese pants breaking at the welds almost as soon as you put them on. This is also why Gary vinyl pants tear out at the stitching so rapidly.
Gerber/VIP was basically phased out of the market due to lack of the proper vinyl film.
Sadly Krene will never be produced again due to its toxic nature when creating and disposing of it. So hang on to your Gerbers and VIPs, that vinyl will never be replicated.

Reactions: Babybike2 and 70sPampers
Wholio said:
I recall as if it was yesterday ! I could easily have been their poster boy. As I recall they could handle 1 wetting without additional layers. Vinyl was extremely smooth and payable. I had a drawer full, up to about 12 yo. Wore them almost every night and occasionally day. Now I just have a strong interest in plastic pants with a staggering collection.
Thank you, wholio. Are you lucky enough to have a copy of the? If so please post it here.

Last edited:
70sPampers said:
You said it @Mickey !! Here's to real Gerbers (and the texture that looks like diamond embossing to my eyes):

I attached all images full sized (instead of thumbs) so as to better see the "diamond" textured vinyl, but check out the last photo of the "frosted-textured" Gerber vinyl ones next to authentic 70s diamond-embossed Pampers plastic for comparison:

View attachment 110223View attachment 110224View attachment 110225View attachment 110226
View attachment 110227
The baby on the Gerber label looks rather angry 🤣

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: bedwetter bobby and 70sPampers
So many years ago when I was 9-10 one of my friends for some reason brought out a pair of plastic pants and I was the only one who they fit. My, my oh good they felt. No, I could not have them. Thinking back I wonder now if he likes diapers and plastic pants. So I made do off and on with makeshift stuff. Then I was a road salesman and would stop at a friend each week and have coffee with his wife I would always have to go potty and what is hanging on the shower curtain rod but their son's plastic pants I do not know how many times I made cummies in those plastic pants. Then again my job took me 400 miles from home I had to get an apartment the wife stayed home with the kids. I found the internet and ordered cloth diapers and plastic pants I was in heaven. After a few years, I moved back bringing only my plastic pants with me. I would pull the PP out of my hiding spot and put them on. Oh my. Then a few years ago I got Covid and came out of the hospital wearing diapers as became Incontinent now I have several pairs of plastic pants and get 3 cases of diapers a month. I love my plastic pants.

Reactions: vp39, BillSpeed, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Wholio said:
The Salk pants, are you guys thinking of the "Pro Pants" ?
I've never heard Salk pants called "Pro Pants" but the ones I am referring to can be seen on Salk's own website here (see the 1st and 3rd items, ie, the pull-on and the snap-on):

Below are enlarged photos of the snap-on and the pull-on side by side:

Salk Sani-Pant5.jpg
Salk Sani-Pant4.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jr2012, wowser81, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Wholio said:
This thread intrigues me ! The Salk pants, are you guys thinking of the "Pro Pants" ? They were mostly a diamond embossed 4 mil vinyl exterior, available up to the mid 90s. I used these after Stay Dri pants were unavailable.

I learned early on about the fortunes found at a laundromat. I walked past one on my way home from school. I would frequently stop in for the vending machines and quickly learned about plastic pants in the lost and found, but often in the trash cans near the folding tables. I observed pants being shaken out to be folded and in the process defects were found. Strait to the trash they would go. All laundered and perfect for my purpose.
It was there I learned of "totteler super large

Salk did make a flannel lined vinyl film pant. It was refered to as style 450 from the late 60s into the late 90s. Prior to that they were refered to as style 200 (hospital use) flannel lined and thin plastic, almost short term use. Also had style 400, consumer grade surgical/bedwetting pants. These Salk pants were very commen with post surgical applications, betwetters of all ages and the seniors. The 400 and 450 were both flannel lined, snap or pull on and offered additional snap in liners.
It was commen to see these pants in grade school nurses offices as well as hanging on wash lines in the late 60s early 70s u
70sPampers said:
I've never heard Salk pants called "Pro Pants" but the ones I am referring to can be seen on Salk's own website here (see the 1st and 3rd items, ie, the pull-on and the snap-on):

View attachment 111374
View attachment 111373
These are the newer styles of Sani-Pants and I think I bought one pair of them. The earlier ones had a nice heavier weight plastic cover and I would wear them inside out. I still have some of the snap in flannel liners as I did not use them often if at all. I still have one new pair of these plastic covered pants in their box unused as they were too small for me but I bought them anyway because they were the last of the old style. They are the snap on style and I thought I would fashion a bridge section on each side out of plastic and snaps to make them fit but I never got around to doing it.

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers
fredy552 said:
So many years ago when I was 9-10 one of my friends for some reason brought out a pair of plastic pants and I was the only one who they fit. My, my oh good they felt. No, I could not have them. Thinking back I wonder now if he likes diapers and plastic pants. So I made do off and on with makeshift stuff. Then I was a road salesman and would stop at a friend each week and have coffee with his wife I would always have to go potty and what is hanging on the shower curtain rod but their son's plastic pants I do not know how many times I made cummies in those plastic pants. Then again my job took me 400 miles from home I had to get an apartment the wife stayed home with the kids. I found the internet and ordered cloth diapers and plastic pants I was in heaven. After a few years, I moved back bringing only my plastic pants with me. I would pull the PP out of my hiding spot and put them on. Oh my. Then a few years ago I got Covid and came out of the hospital wearing diapers as became Incontinent now I have several pairs of plastic pants and get 3 cases of diapers a month. I love my plastic pants.
Perhaps your friend was a bed wetter or he had a sibling who was, but at that age you would not think to ask that I suppose.

Not a fetish for me, my main recurring thing was plastic backed disposables. But I did vaguely remember the Gerber pants potty training and seeing them with siblings and relatives. So a few of the largest size I could find ended up in my childhood stash. Experimented with all things baby diaper related and they were ok and I felt thrilled and babyish having and wearing them but it was nothing like a diaper or pull up. The slack and fit on them also kinda ruined the "classic tight baby diaper poof look" I liked so I rarely used them over diapers either.

Got a couple in adult sizes within the last couple years and they get little use. Again they obscure the classic swollen drum tight plastic baby diaper buldge and prints too much for my liking. Ends up being way too hot wet and swampy with condensation and dripping on the outside of the diaper with concentrated sweat. And impedes ventilation and concentrates the pee smell so is its more like rancid sweaty adult pee instead of the bedwetting child or wet baby powder pee smell. So not really my thing I guess.

Last edited:
70sPampers said:

View attachment 111374
View attachment 111373
I have a pair of these. They are very durable. But when to comes to coated nylon I prefer the Klinerts brand, they are as light as a pair of regular panties and have a similar feel.

• Thinking
Reactions: 70sPampers and Angelapinks
What does everyone thing about Kylie Kanga plastic pants. They are nylon. Any thoughts?

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks
BillSpeed said:
What does everyone thing about Kylie Kanga plastic pants. They are nylon. Any thoughts?
I never heard of them, Bill. How do I find out?

BuddyBoy said:
I never heard of them, Bill. How do I find out?
I just looked them up. They look good but are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back