Diazapam

Link66

Nappyuser
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have been prescribed diazepam to help me sleep due to lingering pain from osteoarthritis in my c spine area.
Has anyone anyone experienced subconscious night wetting whilst taking this med?

Reactions: AttilaThePun, KBoy and Edgewater
Yes.
But no different then without Diazepam.

• Haha
Reactions: Pino, AttilaThePun, KBoy and 1 other person
As state with clarity above by, Adri if you are IC at night, it will continue regardless of whether you are taking diazepam or not.

For greater clarity, one would need to know what you believe is causing your IC.

Assure you understand what side effects the diazepam has, as everyone can be affected differently.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, AttilaThePun and KBoy
Link66 said:
I have been prescribed diazepam to help me sleep due to lingering pain from osteoarthritis in my c spine area.
Has anyone anyone experienced subconscious night wetting whilst taking this med?
Be careful taking valium. I’ve found it to be more addictive than opioids and went through severe withdrawals when quitting it after several months of taking the medication.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Subtlerustle, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 2 others
Zeke said:
Be careful taking valium. I’ve found it to be more addictive than opioids and went through severe withdrawals when quitting it after several months of taking the medication.
I truly agree with you regarding valium is very difficult to leave it behind! Its almost like one's mind wants it!!

Last edited:
That’s nuts. I’d rather have sleeping problems than a benzo addiction. You don’t want this, trust me. Coming from an ex-pill addict.

Benzo’s are not sleeping pills but they make you sleepy until you build up a tolerance to them. Prescribing benzos as a sleeping aid is insanely irresponsible, please consider going to a different doctor that has your best interests in mind and won’t be putting you on something that could give you the worst addiction you’ve ever had.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Link66 said:
My wife sometimes wets in her sleep when taking this.

• Wow
I have them for extra long flights. I'm not afraid of flying but I do get strong anxiety when I know that I'm stuck in a seat for 12 hours.
They didn't make me wet myself.

Back