Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

Diapers you wore as a baby?

Mostly cloth - sometimes (Like not home most of the day) Pampers.
Changed more to Pampers when I started school - mainly because they plain did not want to deal with cloth, but still once I was home, most of the time once I used the last Pamper the school nurse put on, I got a cloth diaper.
THat lasted right up until Pampers wouldn't fit right any more (if I recall correctly, I think that was like 4th grade or somewhere near it) - and since mom didn't use them at home much, she honestly had no idea it was getting hard to get those on right because they are really too small until the school nurse told her (don't recall if it was a note, or a phone call, or what). So then, no real choice but to get some youth disposable diapers.

I remember up until the 1st grade I had to bring diapers to my special education school that was the pink bag of huggies and also pullups

Huggies baby. I still remember the early 1990's Pull Ups with Mickey on them lol.

Flat cotton diapers and plastic pants both as baby and child bedwetter.
Bulky, hard to hide under clothes, comfy when dry and ever damp when wet.

jamiejamie said:
Wore plastic backed Pampers disposable diapers in the late 70's-early 80's.
The fanfolded ones first and later the ones with elastic leg gathers, I remember.
Although I was diapered into mid 80's

Reactions: jamiejamie
jamiejamie said:
Wore plastic backed Pampers disposable diapers in the late 70's-early 80's.
Exactly what I had when I started school - didn't care for the fact that it was obvious I had one on, specially when I walked at all - but only because of other kids being -- well plain mean about it. BUT they sure worked GREAT and recall the being VERY comfortable.

nwm said:
Exactly what I had when I started school - didn't care for the fact that it was obvious I had one on, specially when I walked at all - but only because of other kids being -- well plain mean about it. BUT they sure worked GREAT and recall the being VERY comfortable.
Yea. You know kids can be cruel. Just an human nature of most kids. Sorry you had to deal with it.

jamiejamie said:
Yea. You know kids can be cruel. Just an human nature of most kids. Sorry you had to deal with it.
Funny thing - the same ones that were so mean about it at that time - by the time we hit 7th-8th grade - were ready to takes off the head of anyone that still did say a word about that, BEFORE I had a chance to say anything - in some case even ones that really didn't like me in general (and that was pretty much mutual).

Osthagen said:
I’m simply interested. What type of nappies did you wear as a child?

It was Pampers all the way in my case. I remember being changed a few times, and seeing boxes of Pampers around regularly when I was a young kid. Plus, my younger siblings wore Pampers too.
Huggies I was a huggies baby and then used pull ups

I'm pretty sure that when I was an infant, I wore Pampers.

After hours of searching i found these not sure what year but i know they are parents choice (walmart brand) I vividly remember wearing these even after i was potty trained for road trips..14B1911C-347B-4A3A-B926-D8B92E1A8B45.jpeg

Reactions: camdendl, Iron, T3guuM44 and 2 others
I wore these but in junoir size until I couldn’t fit in them anymore. Still remember being super excited when I was 5 or 6 and being picked ip from school when mum bought them. I remember running to my room and stacking them in my closet

Would love to find a packet

Attachments

• 90F0ACF5-E7AC-437A-9522-3D67838762D4.jpeg
    90F0ACF5-E7AC-437A-9522-3D67838762D4.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 933267B8-73F0-494C-84E2-7AE2A5D66FD1.jpeg
    933267B8-73F0-494C-84E2-7AE2A5D66FD1.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Love
Reactions: southeastlittle and T3guuM44
Huggies.

I wore cloth terry nappies and Gerber plastic pants until my 4. It was around 1975/76 I was first put into Pampers fanfolds since my granny regularly used them for my elder brother.

Once my family came in Greece in late 1978 my mom alternated between Pampers and Babylino rectangular boosters (w/ Swedish tie-ons) & Gen1 fanfolds.

s-l1600-2~141.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In my days it was only cloth Nappies and real rubber pants, disposables were not yet available.

Reactions: Brumas94 and chamberpot
This is a question constantly in my mind every day
I have a vivid memory of the design,feeling etc etc of them
My best ,memory comes down to either Huggies or Snugglers nappies
From '95-'97
I would give anything to find a packet of them to add to my collection
They were plastic backed, plain white, plastic tapes and a landing strip with rainbows and moons
Have searched for years trying to find the australian design to hunt them down, knowing after i wa *unfortunantly* potty trained they got changed to fabric backed nappies with velcro tabs

I recalled my mom purchased a candy orange box of 48 Gen2 Babylino Maxi Plus fanfolds for my two brothers because they wet their bed frequently.

s-l1600-1~33.jpg

I wore Pampers back in the mid-1970s to at least the early 1980s.

Reactions: Scott729 and JoeMusic1976
Back