• Bottomware

• Dr. Fantastic's Wearable Toilet Underpantaloons

• Butthuggers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm from the UK, we say nappy, but I've heard the term diaper enough for the word to also have its own particular effect on me. Having said that, the 'diaper' was never used when I was young, so 'it's time to change your diaper' will never trigger in me the same excitement as 'it's time to change your nappy'. Objectively though, diaper is a good word. It's usable as a noun, verb and adjective. And nappy is short for napkin, which... eurgh. I love nappies but I never ever want any crossover with anything to do with food.

Diaper also seems to be more freely applied to adult sized items, whereas you'll never see the word nappy on a pack for adults in the UK, we euphemistically call them 'incontinence pads', which to me makes them sound like they're for frogs with IBS.

What term do you use? How do you feel about other terms?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: RachelOlivia, Babynat50, Jr2012 and 7 others
I like pads personally. It makes me feel like a incontinent person. I'm not a AB and see myself as a IC pretender.

Reactions: diaperdude
I'm from the US, so diaper is the generic term of choice for me. I acknowledge that "nappy" has some appeal, though. It's cute and diminutive (double diminutive, actually..."napkin" itself is a diminutive). "Pampers" or "pamps" also works for me, even though I'm more of a Huggies devotee as far as baby brands go. I've also much less commonly seen the term "butt wrapper" floating around, and I kind of like that, as silly as it is.

Reactions: Covered
It’s nappies for me! 😊

Reactions: RoseofThorns and Covered
I always use the word nappy. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RoseofThorns, NappiedSissyJessica and Covered
English is a rich language and the fact that objects can have multiple names is cool! Nappy? Diaper? Same thing. Crisp? Potato chip? Chips? French fries? Biscuit? Cookie? I wouldn't have it any other way!

Reactions: MetalDan86, NorthwestDiaperDude and Kittyinpink
It's a diapie - or a di-di.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Im in the US so diaper is what I use. But I think nappy sounds so much cuter IMO ☺️

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, DiaperKink21, antte91 and 1 other person
ShyBoo81 said:
Im in the US so diaper is what I use. But I think nappy sounds so much cuter IMO ☺️
yep that’s what Ive known then as for 47 years

Reactions: ShyBoo81
😊.. for myself growing up it was always nappy.. and that word means lots to me !
But ! I also love the abbreviations and nick names ! I love playing with language and the English language promotes constant change ! So diapers , nappies, dips , de de's , whatever! WE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ! 😊😍🤣..
They LOVELY 😍!!!
Mmm... I gonna be slipping one on quite soon... it's cold here and almost diapee time! With my snuggly onesie 😍...

Reactions: NappiedSissyJessica, Happy2BeInNappies2 and ShyBoo81
Diaper is the most used around the internet.
Nappy is a babyish word for me and I like to think that way, almost forget- for night it is a Diapee time!

Reactions: antte91 and ShyBoo81
As a former lurker I digest all the terms for this, to me, erotic product.
Just so you know, there are other languages as well, for instance German and Spanish:.
Windel
Pañal

Spanish is black magic to me xD
Although I met the German word and ordered from there.
After all, these are our neighbors. Without customs control, no embarrassing questions.
In Polish it is Pielucha (sounds weird on ENG forum even for me now :unsure: )

• Love
Reactions: ArgentBuffalo and Palle
I call them diapys or dips! I know other people spell it “diapee” but I think it’s cuter with a y hehe

Reactions: babyT1717 and ShyBoo81
It’s nappies for me as I’m from UK, plus I think it sounds more babyish

Reactions: NappiedSissyJessica, ShyBoo81, WolfG and 1 other person
Here in Australia, we call them nappies. Always nappies (or should I say one "nappy" at a time, please).
The baby section in the shops and supermarkets, still label the shelves as containing 'NAPPIES' but the American term 'Diapers' is starting to enter the vernacular of some.

Reactions: NappiedSissyJessica, KCA and Kittyinpink
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
Here in Australia, we call them nappies. Always nappies (or should I say one "nappy" at a time, please).
The baby section in the shops and supermarkets, still label the shelves as containing 'NAPPIES' but the American term 'Diapers' is starting to enter the vernacular of some.
Hello 👋!
I just woke up , and I probably can't sleep again 🙃!

• Sad
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
A diaper is a diaper!

ChooChoo69 said:
A diaper is a diaper!
Yup! A diaper is a diaper!
A nappy is a nappy!
A slip is a slip ! (😔)
A garment is a garment.
A protective underwear is ... etc...
Which names do you like? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Palle and Happy2BeInNappies2
O white square of terry cloth, pinned forever onto baby bums (covered by pants of plastic more often than not), I call thee "A NAPPY !!"

A nappy for me, you shall always be, as my Australian mind with 'diaper' does disagree.
OK for some, but diaper means nothing to me, no love, no thrill, can I see.
But the function of the garment is still the same.
Didn't someone say: "What's in a name?"

Reactions: Diapersntights and Kittyinpink
Back