Diapers at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamander14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Does anybody know if Walmart sells Abena diapers? I want to try some and I will be the first person in my dorm for three weeks. That means I can indulge all I want.

Nope, sorry they don't carry good adult diaper brands, they have their own brand (Equate), sometimes Tena and Depends, but that's all I've ever seen in my Wal-Mart, perhaps it can be different in US, but I really doubt they would have some premium adult diapers like Abena there, you may have better luck to find them in a medical supply store or online.

Scamander14 said:
Does anybody know if Walmart sells Abena diapers? I want to try some and I will be the first person in my dorm for three weeks. That means I can indulge all I want.
Wal Mart website says no. The closest you can come is a Tranquilly ATN. Otherwise its the plastic backed Depend fitted Briefs.
If You want Abena X Plus L4 or M4 you gonna have to get them from Northshore or Diaperconn. or someone else.

You can probably order them on the pharmacy website to be picked up at your local store ,but they don't stock anything worth wearing ,you have to order it .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Abenas are one of the cheaper price really good quality diapers, so of course Walmart won't have them.

I think another part of why you dont see good diapers at physical store locations is because many of them have prints and for most people it's really embarrassing to need diapers; and being seen buying diapers that make no attempt to hide that they are diapers would be even worse, especially if it looks like you enjoy it.

I mean if they could stock such diapers, they could buy them in huge lots and offer customers a cheaper price than online; wouldnt that be amazing? Plus there would be less stigma about it.

Right. I think the issue is that the media (generally) showcases us as creeps. That’s not the case. From what I have learned, a good portion of people in the AB/DL scene were somehow abused in during their childhood.
Plus since it is a sexual fetish for some, I bet the shareholders of Walmart don’t want anything (that’s not mainstream) associated with sex in their stores.

Yet, they sell condoms; which are associated with sex. Lol

BabyTyrant said:
Abenas are one of the cheaper price really good quality diapers, so of course Walmart won't have them.

I think another part of why you dont see good diapers at physical store locations is because many of them have prints and for most people it's really embarrassing to need diapers; and being seen buying diapers that make no attempt to hide that they are diapers would be even worse, especially if it looks like you enjoy it.

I mean if they could stock such diapers, they could buy them in huge lots and offer customers a cheaper price than online; wouldnt that be amazing? Plus there would be less stigma about it.

- - - Updated - - -

They do have Tena and Assurance. Are those any good?

BabyTyrant said:

Walmart will probably never carry real medical grade diapers as most people who shop there go by price not how well the diapers work.

I've never seen Tranquility stocked at a store. The pharmacy counter used to be willing to order things that they don't stock for you but this has been largely supplanted by the "ship to store" feature of Walmart's website. They are trying to compete with Amazon with their online presence these days.

The Assurance diaper is the same diaper that appears under a lot of house brands (CVS, Walgreens, Sams Club). It's OK, but not int he tier of the better high absorbency brands (Abena, Dry247, NSC, etc...). I'm not all that fond of the tranquility products either.

There are some decent Tena diapers out there, but still a far cry from anything considered even remotely good.

I live by the philosophy that if you constantly expect something bad to happen, that’s what will happen. When I have some extra money, I’m going to see what my Walmart has. I have realized that I am going to be a broke college student. I can only work four days next month. I don’t know how colleges expect students to be able to pay for stuff. It’s ridiculous.

I just saw on the news many schools have opened up food pantries because to many students don't know when there next meal will be in order to just go to school. That's th he said state of America and its only getting worse.
Scamander14 said:
I live by the philosophy that if you constantly expect something bad to happen, that’s what will happen. When I have some extra money, I’m going to see what my Walmart has. I have realized that I am going to be a broke college student. I can only work four days next month. I don’t know how colleges expect students to be able to pay for stuff. It’s ridiculous.

They don't expect you to pay for it. They expect you to go into debt for it. XD

I had a professor talk about how she had to decide if she was eating that day or buying a new tube of oil paint. (She bought the paint. Gourds. Artists. Pfft. We're incorrigible.)

Tetra said:
I just saw on the news many schools have opened up food pantries because to many students don't know when there next meal will be in order to just go to school. That's th he said state of America and its only getting worse.

Thing is kids now a days are spoiled. If it aint this free, that free, or vegetarian or ramen noodles or mac & cheese they wont eat it, broaden your taste buds. FYI you do that with going to the bar now dont you eh? You pay for ROOM & BOARD hence the BOARD is not a piece of wood its FOOD! You paid for 3 squares 4-5 days a week and 2 squares on the weekends for crying out loud EAT THE FOOD AT THE DINING HALL and you will not be hungry! NO EXCUSE! In my view stop being a mamby pamby and eat the food you paid for! By the way is it necessary to down 3-4 starbucks coffees or specialty drinks a day you wonder where your money is going ITS THERE!!!! drink the cafeteria coffee and get on with your day. fill a water bottle from the faucet in your bathroom sink and drink that during the day FYI I did it for 5 years and I am still here aint I HUH? Oh and that cell phone is not necessary use the landline in your room you do not need a cell phone in college! many ways to cut costs...

In many ways I agree ,i dont go to bars ,i am full on omnivore if it can be eaten I eat it,i don't go to Starbucks I have a coffee pot on the counter (and its great coffee compared to those percolator I grew up with) I don't cellphone (being on a leash is not for me I have a landline ) you want call me at home if I am not home leave a message (If it was important enough to call me,it's important to leave a message ?) I am very much "full on kurmudgeon",I like things simple , the whole lipstick on a pig thing .and in many ways the way people eat is disturbing ,i understand caution because of allergens ,i am highly allergic to eggs so I avoid them ,but this whole food waste in America "because it's not exactly what I wanted " is shamefull at home I cooked what I wanted and everyone ate it ,if my mom cooked I ate what she cooked and did the dishes ( the cook cooks and is done everybody else cleans ,it went around like that , yeah I am sure I could have easily enough made something I felt more like eating, but why,food is fuel to keep us running so anything pretty much serves that purpose , the only food i really dont like is lima beans but if there whats was made i eat them ,again its about powering yourself ,if it happens to be off the hook tasty ,great .
But I still eat what's in front of me ,i dont believe in shooting something down because it's not everything I wanted and Lord I hope people aren't going hungry because there stupid , financial reason I can understand when I was first on my own I went hungry because of money issues or emergencies , i signed my name on the line and took the oath of office knowing full well it wasn't going to be a 9-5 scheduled cake walk ,some days it would be totaly make it up as you go along , others sheer boredom. Any way like I say in many many ways your point is dead on ,and certainly valid to explore why people are hungry "If it's by choice, your SOL" If it's because of "life circumstance" you need to be a friend and coach,mentor, cajole them into doing what needs to be done and that's eat whatever is around ! Not everything in life is fun or fair ,it just is deal with it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back