Diapers and your emotional quality of life

Karoq said:
My wife is also really accepting and pragmatic and I feel so belated to have her - remarried 5 years ago in our mid 50’s. My first wife never could get my need to wear nappies at night which was genuine as I was a late bedwetter as a child then developed bladder control issues in my early 40’s following spinal injury and surgery.

I’ve been back in nappies at night for best part of the last 20 years. I need them but I’ve also grown to embrace the security and comfort of nappy wearing and at 62 I’ve been having more and more daytime urge issues and accidents too. I sometimes feel bad for being like this and the fact that I’m “like a small child who has accidents” and feel she deserves more of a man in her life.

However, she tells me off for thinking like that and from day one she has been totally accepting of my nappy wearing and like your wife, just tells me to do what I need to do and get on with life, also reassuring me over and over again that it does not bother her. As she says, she would much rather have wet nappies to deal with than wet / ruined bed and she appreciates she doesn’t get her sleep disturbed by me getting up in the night for the toilet. She washes and dries my cloth nappies and plastic pants when I wear them (I much prefer cloth for comfort and reliability at night ) but I change and clean myself. That said, despite embarrassment in our first year together about her seeing me nappies, I no longer feel like that and I am comfortable wearing and changing in front of her or walking around upstairs in just a nappy and a t-shirt. She playfully teases me and occasionally comments that I am still her sexy man but that I have to wear my special pants ! She will still touch me sexually in my nappy and uses humour to make me feel better about my situation. For example she will say things like “I think you should have a nappy on when we go out as you know you will be struggling to keep your pants dry if we can’t find a toilet quickly, babes” and “I think you’ve peed for England in the night soggy pants… I think my big baby needs to change”. - true comments !
Your wife is a treasure! And she's right; your leaky plumbing doesn't make you less of a man. You are both obviously wonderful people, and I'm glad you found each other.

Reactions: daylight, Diprs2, fredy552 and 1 other person
anyone have advice on light OUIC

anyone have advice on light OUIC

I consider myself lucky I only deal with urinary incontinence. My quality of life is great. I’m also fortunate that I need dipers but Lao love wearing them and never have any adverse skin problems at all.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back